Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    In the wise words of Darsithis:
    To be honest, it's really hard to tell in some cases. Godwin's Law and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right. How dare they.

Blizzard have never joked around with their lore characters.

Never!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

In the wise words of Darsithis:
    darsithis is probably the worst administrator of these forums, he/she/it appeared during the wotlk era and spend every waking minute typing condescending one liners in every thread it went in, which were neither here nor there and generally added nothing whatsoever to a conversation

to call that thing "wise" or even quote it is humorous for me to see, it belongs right in the cesspit that are the official wow forums, where "blue" posters would rather type answer in the "do you like pie" threads than address any real issue concerning the game in threads that span dozens of pages

if I stir the forums then i'm doing my job as a forum poster, if you like the status quo then go reserve yourself a spot in the retirement home and talk about how awesome the "good ole days" used to be

- - - Updated - - -

OP makes inflammitory statements based off of false equivelencies and misinformation: ✓
    OP has a history of making inflammitory threads, about half of which are locked: ✓
    OP hasn't posted in his thread again: ✓
    My threads are locked because the admins are idiots. Every one of my thread gets attacked with outright hostile or condescending posters, and when i snap back I get banned and they don't even get a warning. I've addressed this issue multiple times with them and it's fallen on deaf ears.

My statements are based on nothing which is false nor misinformation. I challenge you to point out those statements. I'll be waiting for the next 5 years.

How can I reply to anyone in this thread where the posts can be resumed with "hurr durr you're wrong because we missed the point and are typing shit that has nothing to do with what you said!".

Uhhhhh. They're just joking around the lore-characters. It's not mean't to be taken seriously.

This thread almost beats the new Hearthstone ad in comedic value, that's what I'm upset about!

Deleted
    Blizzard doing "tongue in the cheek" humor, something that they do since their first game and became part of their brand? I'm shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's advert.... not official lore! Chill your socks :P

Also Hearthstone lore too is a more funny take on actual WoW lore....

The WoW community has turned into such whiny babies, (more so that it used to be) We had Mr T hair cuts in WoW back in TBC and I hardly remember anyone kicking up a fuss

Remember this.

OH NOES THEY BE TURNING WOW INTO A JOKES... wait this was back in 2008? Oh nvm..
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-11 at 01:55 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    My threads are locked because the admins are idiots. Every one of my thread gets attacked with outright hostile or condescending posters, and when i snap back I get banned and they don't even get a warning. I've addressed this issue multiple times with them and it's fallen on deaf ears.

My statements are based on nothing which is false nor misinformation. I challenge you to point out those statements. I'll be waiting for the next 5 years.

How can I reply to anyone in this thread where the posts can be resumed with "hurr durr you're wrong because we missed the point and are typing shit that has nothing to do with what you said!".
    What are you talking about? I called you an idiot outright in a thread once and got my first ever infraction because of it.

This thread is absolute evidence that people are ACTIVELY looking for reasons to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    This thread is absolute evidence that people are ACTIVELY looking for reasons to be offended.
    Reminds me of JustRob and all of his odd complaint threads.

I mean I get pandaria was aimed at the kids of the aging wow players since kids these days are raised to be total pussies who dislike violence, but considering it was one of the worst ever received expansions, do they believe pissing on the legends of their own creation is the way to win their playerbase back?
    Not only are you wrong about Mists of Pandaria (it's hands-down the best expansion Blizzard has ever made), the only thing which would more offensive to true, legitimate hardcore WoW fans would be for Blizzard to caricature the likes of Chen Stormstout, one of the bravest, most idealized lore characters ever introduced to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ok:

Done.

You and a couple others here must be the most pathetically boring people in the universe, to find "outrage" in this. Find a hobby that isn't crying over video games.
    No, you're not done. Not by a long shot. You have no statement, no argument, no points to defend. I am not outraged by anything. Keep inflating your post count.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Not only are you wrong about Mists of Pandaria (it's hands-down the best expansion Blizzard has ever made), the only thing which would more offensive to true, legitimate hardcore WoW fans would be for Blizzard to caricature the likes of Chen Stormstout, one of the bravest, most idealized lore characters ever introduced to this game.
    The expansion that lost so many players they stopped reporting player numbers after it? Yeah, "the best". Or are you talking about the expansion with "the most requested class and race ever", which is now the least played race and class in the game at the bottom with goblins and gnomes.

Saying that Pandaria was aimed at kids when WoW's playerbase has always been vastly populated by adults, already nullifies anything you have to say.

QQ more though, I'm sure the Hearthstone team will be crying their hearts out.

- - - Updated - - -

The expansion that lost so many players they stopped reporting player numbers after it? Yeah, "the best".
    They stopped reporting player numbers during WoD, not Pandaria. WoD is also held as the worst expansion, not MoP.

Just shows how intelligent your outrage is I suppose. But then again, no adult would be dumb enough to think that MoP was childish with the themes it handled.

The expansion that lost so many players they stopped reporting player numbers after it? Yeah, "the best".
    WoD had the largest spike of returning players ever recorded. I realize they dropped shortly afterward but I honestly believe they could have kept the numbers that high if they had just continued with MoP's lore since it was so new, interesting and fun.

Hearthstone is not canon and has used WoW characters in comedic and unusual ways in the past because it's meant to be lighthearted and fun and silly. You're about 3 years too late to the party if you're just now noticing. There's nothing wrong with it. It's actually brilliant and I appreciate that Blizzard doesn't take themselves too seriously and can lay back and relax a little and be more creative with where the lore can go in Hearthstone. It's like, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if in WoW, this character (insert totally not normal thing for that character to do/say here)?" and I think it's really cool. Best examples are Ragnaros, Lightlord and Frost-Lich Jaina. We may never see these characters in this way in WoW, so the fact we get to see them this way in Hearthstone is actually really fun and interesting and because it's not canon because Hearthstone is not canon, it doesn't have to permanently affect the lore universe.

In other words, I think you're acting like a huge baby and you need to get over it and spend your time and energy someplace else. I'd rather Blizzard be creative and free in Hearthstone than feel tied down to lore constraints.

EDIT: Just realized Kul-Tiras is the OP. Now I am realizing this is basically just a bait thread and I've fallen for it. Like all your other forum spam, you seem to try to incite people by being "outraged" at the smallest, most insignificant things.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-08-11 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Ben Brode as much as the next person but calling him one of Blizzards greatest lore characters is stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I love Ben Brode as much as the next person but calling him one of Blizzards greatest lore characters is stretching it.
    Lmao, this wins the thread!

I do love his laugh though...

Hearthstone isn't canon, the characters are still very much "serious" in WoW. Sucks that Blizzard developers are mature enough to embrace their inner child and work in the gaming industry I suppose... To the manchildren so concerned with "badassery", that is...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-11 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think it's a bit over the top. Hearthstone makes wow look like a grimdark fantasy.

But, on the other hand, it's nice to have that cheeriness to balance the competitiveness of a card game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blizzard stopped caring about the integrity of their characters long ago. Just look at hearthstone.

Is this your first time learning of Hearthstone? WoW/Warcraft and Hearthstone are separate entities. Just like Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone has always been light-hearted and non-canon fun. I admit sometimes it feels like Ben Brode really disney-fied certain elements, but Its also this kind of personality and flare that is part of what hearthstone's playerbase loves about hearthstone. I remember everyone hated on HS' announcement, but when beta launched and everyone saw it's infinite amounts of polish and charm, everyone wanted a key. Its definitely the most charming card game out there atm.

But i digress, this "caricaturing" is really not worth getting mad about, and it doesnt affect Warcraft or WoW lore in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sucks that Blizzard developers are mature enough to embrace their inner child and work in the gaming industry I suppose... To the manchildren so concerned with "badassery", that is...
    I really couldn't have said this better myself. It was same deal in MoP's launch with trivial things like pet battles and pandaren being a playable race. I guess some people are to close-minded to allow even one drop of fun to land on their "war and grimdark fighting". I mean cmon, this isn't dark souls.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-08-11 at 02:36 PM.