Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Well one is well recognized and the other is semi recognized as being that hindu version.
    It's actually the Jain version. Hinduism uses the swastika without the dots, and it holds different meanings depending on its orientation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well they aren't going to rebrand it, it isn't going to be rebranded any more than the KKK, or the Confederate flag or the ISIS flag will be, those flags those organizations have been anointed in blood.
    I would love to rebrand the confederate flag, it's one of my favorite flags.

Sadly, too many people seem to cling to its original meaning and intent for any type of rebranding to be effective.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Well that didn't work out, but I'm 100% sure we can bring back the toothbrush moustache.

No problem in Mongolia... [sarcasm]

As a teenager I used to wear t-shirts with band names and symbols but I don't feel the need anymore since I grew up.

Sorry, shortcut reaction, forget it ever existed.

The Swastika existed long before the german empire used it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The Swastika existed long before the german empire used it.
    Doesn't really change that the most commonly known recent use of it in the west is what dictates how it is seen, though.

WW2 and what came of it are still in living memory, it hasn't been nearly long enough for that to matter, especially when there are neo-nazi groups right now using it as a symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Doesn't really change that the most commonly known recent use of it in the west is what dictates how it is seen, though.

WW2 and what came of it are still in living memory, it hasn't been nearly long enough for that to matter, especially when there are neo-nazi groups right now using it as a symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So did the Cross, doesn't change that most of us associate it with Christianity.
    Maby it will get popular again as fashion like the bomber jackets are atm, they sell like hot cakes here, they used to be associated with neo nazis before but not anymore But yes it was hijacked like alot of things where like the Bellamy Salute/Roman Salute, i very much doubt it though they will try and it will fail as people still remember what it used to stand for not to long ago.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-08-08 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    People in the relevant places, South East Asia, already use the Swastika for its original meaning. Never stopped.

So a bunch of Westerners trying to do so seems quite pointless.
    Except it's backwards/inverted in those places and is much older.

Deleted
    Swastika is still an ok symbol in most places when it's not rotated 45° ( which is usually considered the disctinctive mark of actual nazi items )

Why would they think this would work? Remember when Sarah Silverman got offended by utility markings thinking they where swastika's? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why would they think this would work? Remember when Sarah Silverman got offended by utility markings thinking they where swastika's? Haha!
    She didn't get offended. She joked about them being swastikas drawn by retarded nazis, which promptly offended the salt-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    She didn't get offended. She joked about them being swastikas drawn by retarded nazis, which promptly offended the salt-right.
    No, please stop posting lies.

After realizing the orange symbols weren't swastikas, Silverman, who is Jewish, chalked her mistake up to receiving daily anti-Semitic abuse on social media

>citing Daily Mail articles

You might as well have taken a picture of your anus and put a caption over it, that would have about the same journalistic credibility as that garbage tabloid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    >citing Daily Mail articles

You might as well have taken a picture of your anus and put a caption over it, that would have about the same journalistic credibility as that garbage tabloid.
    So you got caught in a lie and now you must deflect, I suppose that tactic would work on some people.

I don't think it can be rebranded for the next four to five generations.

Also, don't wear Columbia Sportswear! It's totally Nazi!

I like the brand and have a lot of stuff from it but once someone said that logo looks like a swastika. I never saw it before but now that someone mentioned it my brain is manipulated to see it too.
    Last edited by Raakel; 2017-08-08 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as neo-nazi/alt right retards want to keep using it to praise the literal nazis of old then the symbol is tainted. Hell even if they weren't its just a dumb idea. Let it go

If they were serious about rebranding the swastika they should have chosen a different variant to the hakkenkreuz (hooked cross) used by the Nazis. The Hindu/Jainist symbol on page 1 for example would not have the instant association of their initial design.

I'm reminded of this.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano