Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, the problem is that there used to be a balance: At the beginning of raids, progress raiders used to pump a lot of ingame currency into the economy for buying consumables and possibly crafted gear. And then when they have cleared these raids they were able to do sell-runs for the coveted mounts that the end-boss drops.

By not giving the end-boss a mount drop, you essentially have taken away one side of the balance, thus heavily skewing a system that is already rather taxing on those progress raiders.

Overall, I have no problem with the shop mount. The more money they make through any ingame means the better it will be for the future content anyways. I would even have to say that I'm a bit surprised they don't make much more use of this shop.

In summary: End-boss should drop a mount, but not necessarily that shop mount.

Cost 248k gold (bought the tokens the moment it was announced, not when it came out) for both the pet and the mount. I was irked by the 'store mounts/pets' when they could only be purchased with $, I have no qualms now that it can be done with gold (via the WoW Token system).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, the problem is that there used to be a balance: At the beginning of raids, progress raiders used to pump a lot of ingame currency into the economy for buying consumables and possibly crafted gear. And then when they have cleared these raids they were able to do sell-runs for the coveted mounts that the end-boss drops.

By not giving the end-boss a mount drop, you essentially have taken away one side of the balance, thus heavily skewing a system that is already rather taxing on those progress raiders.

Overall, I have no problem with the shop mount. The more money they make through any ingame means the better it will be for the future content anyways. I would even have to say that I'm a bit surprised they don't make much more use of this shop.

In summary: End-boss should drop a mount, but not necessarily that shop mount.
    oh poor mythic riaders unable to sell boost for real $ - how i pity them ... not

blizzard is finally learning

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest with all the entitled whining the top Mythic raiders did this tier, I wouldn't want to reward them with a mount either.

This isn't anything new, they add at least one mount at the end of an expansion. MoP we got the Iron Reaver thing and the Enchanted Fey Dragon, WoD we got the Runesaber. This is Legion's.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2017-08-04 at 01:32 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I bought the bundle as soon as I noticed it. I hope that there is more to come out soon, I'm looking forward to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    not every mount dropped at final boss.

(Wotlk is when it started)
    Nax, Toc, Ruby sanctum, (the other ones had mounts but they didnt have to do with dificulty, only icc and uld)
    cataclysm only firelands and dragon soul.
    mop no heart of fear or terrace, and the list goes on

not EVERY RAID needs to have a mythic mount
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh poor mythic riaders unable to sell boost for real $ - how i pity them ... not

blizzard is finally learning
    Note that I did not refer to real$ but to ingame currency. This real$ thing actually only got out of hand in the recent expansion(s), beforehand, I would bet that 99% of all sell runs were for ingame currency.

I won't comment on how entitled your post sounded, but will say that for the overall economy, it's actually better when there is a mount.

At the end of the day blizz is here to make money and if i was a shareholder i would be badgering them to make a mount every 3 months!! But Blizz has to balance that against the outrage of the playerbase thats why we aint seen one in a while.

This shit aint going away while Blizz is a major company with stockholders to answer to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It surprises you they want the profit route as opposed to the free route?

As long as people pay for it, the shop isn't going anywhere.
    The game's not free though, there's no "free route" whatsoever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Thanks for the new sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Blizzard have been consumed with greed for the last 7 years, this isn't something new.
    No they haven't. Only in WoD was the balance between available ingame mounts and the ones in the cashshop off.

Right now in Legion, especially with all the class mounts recently made available, there is no reason to complain about this mount in the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you want big daddy KJ to drop a rainbow sparkle kitty mount?
    His brother dropped a sparkle moose mount.

But yeah, I agree OP. Ethically blizzard shouldn't have an ingame store whilst charging a subscription, but I doubt blizzard care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    His brother dropped a sparkle moose mount.
    Technically he didn't.

Kil'jaeden dropping rainbow cats. Legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Technically he didn't.
    Well Kil'jaeden could technically not drop it too then.

We already got a mount this patch.

Deleted
    As if you're going to kill KJ Mythic before it can be solo'd, let's be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.
    I'd prefer to spend 150k on the mount than kill mythic KJ for it. its much better for the community imo

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.

Yet Blizzard had this model ready to deliver, and decided to instead sell it.

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

If Wotlk was today Mimiron's Head would be a shop mount.
    Omg can you be more retarded ? Like were you dropped on your head as an already slow child?
    It's either that or you're some 11 year old who can't buy himself the mount and now has to throw a fit. Like cmon dude , don't be such a little bitch.

You like the mount ? Buy it. 1 dinner costs more than that, I'm sure you can go one day without a burger. You don't like it? Don't buy it. That's what I'm doing, it really isn't that hard. Like others have said Legion added WAY more mounts than ANY other expansion that are obtainable in game. Juts last patch added 12 class mounts , 5 rep mounts , ridlers worm, etc.

But nah , better go on the forums and cry like a little bitch that he has to pay for a kitty. Blizzard is a business , not a fucking charity. They deliver more than enough content for your monthly fee, and if u want more than that - pay. It's been forever since they added anything to the shop.

P.s. They added buyable mounts in WotLK , you moronic dipshit, so the thing with Mimirons head makes literally no sense.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig