Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I'm surprised to see LFR and cross-realm being chosen a lot. May I understand the reason ? Besides lags ?

If there weren't here anymore, you'd have a harder time to find people for your normal runs. Because there'd be a lot fewer people in WoW. Same for crossrealm, there are a lot of people that relies on it in order to finish a world boss at a given hour. Remove it and you can be sure this player will simply leave WoW.
    LFR is cancerous to the raiding community and actively turns away newer players.

Asmongold has a video on it which I think he explains very well why LFR is bad for the longevity of wow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ac2sQHJLI

Cross realm is kind of bad at the moment due to addon abuse. I've never felt the game was more unstable than it is now.

Thrallgra.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Bloodelves from the Horde race options.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    very tough choice, many things if deleted around TBC/WotLK would result in a vastly different game.

I would probably go for any random/non-premade queuable content, in the hopes that this would have forced blizzard to maintain server communities a lot better leading to an overall better community now, hopefully even leading to xrealm and CRZ never happening.
    Yeah because the group finder community is so nice... 10 out of 11 groups will soon be 'WHISPER CURVE KJ TO DO NORMAL' as darkener will be obtainable through lfr, while that 11th group is a fucking boost group. I've ALMOST never managed to get into any good groups because of how rotten the community is. Everyone just wants to create a group with their 850 ilvl alt and ask for 940 ilvl and more dps than Method does. The only time I've successfully pugged is by taking matters to my own hands and create/lead groups myself. The community is shitty af and even leading one of these raids is a fucking pain in the ass.

new run animations

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    LFR is cancerous to the raiding community and actively turns away newer players.

Asmongold has a video on it which I think he explains very well why LFR is bad for the longevity of wow:

Cross realm is kind of bad at the moment due to addon abuse. I've never felt the game was more unstable than it is now.
    So because Asmongold says something is bad it makes it true? That guy is extremely arrogant among other things and few of his videos are controversial topics that he knows will get him views. What he posts is his OPINION. But of course people eat it up as if it's fact.

Considering the vast majority do LFR I wouldn't believe a word that guy says. But if you have a credible source that LFR is turning away new players I would love to see it.

But of course to some people his word is law round here.

Have a feeling if Sodapoppin or Towellie said something like "LFR is bad" people would be like "OMG YOU ARE SO RIGHT". Never understood why people take streamers or youtubers word as law around here.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-08 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Most of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So because Asmongold says something is bad it makes it true? That guy is extremely arrogant among other things and few of his videos are controversial topics that he knows will get him views. What he posts is his OPINION. But of course people eat it up as if it's fact.

Considering the vast majority do LFR I wouldn't believe a word that guy says. But if you have a credible source that LFR is turning away new players I would love to see it.

But of course to some people his word is law round here.

Have a feeling if Sodapoppin or Towellie said something like "LFR is bad" people would be like "OMG YOU ARE SO RIGHT". Never understood why people take streamers or youtubers word as law around here.
    "I think" means it's my opinion. Asmongold's and my own line up here when speaking about LFR.

I'm well aware what he says isn't fact, however using my own logical processes to follow his, they make sense. I'm not just blindly following him because I'm a fan, I haven't watched more than 5 videos of his, it just popped up in my feed one day.

Ghostcrawler himself (the guy who brought LFR to us) even says that he regrets it because it took away from what raiding was instead of adding to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...treet/d7jwm98/

And I know correlation does not equal causation, but LFR was introduced in Q1 of 2012 and you saw a dip in subs due to the lull before the new expansion, you see numbers spike when cata is released and then it's a downhill trend until WOD release.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-by-quarter/

The blizzard ingame store.

"I think" means it's my opinion. Asmongold's and my own line up here when speaking about LFR.

I'm well aware what he says isn't fact, however using my own logical processes to follow his, they make sense. I'm not just blindly following him because I'm a fan, I haven't watched more than 5 videos of his, it just popped up in my feed one day.

Ghostcrawler himself (the guy who brought LFR to us) even says that he regrets it because it took away from what raiding was instead of adding to it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...treet/d7jwm98/

And I know correlation does not equal causation, but LFR was introduced in Q1 of 2012 and you saw a dip in subs due to the lull before the new expansion, you see numbers spike when cata is released and then it's a downhill trend until WOD release.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-by-quarter/
    So the sub decline alone is due to LFR? Yeah forgive me if I don't take you seriously.

No offense, but this is absolutely false. LFR was for longevity already. If there weren't any LFR, the game would be dead a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd remove item rarity colours as they stand for shit nowadays. I get epic items more than common, uncommon and rare items combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

So the sub decline alone is due to LFR? Yeah forgive me if I don't take you seriously.
    Did I say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    No offense, but this is absolutely false. LFR was for longevity already. If there weren't any LFR, the game would be dead a long time ago.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it

Did I say that?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it
    Uhm no. Pretty sure the devs stated that LFR is the reason they dedicate a lot of resources to raiding.

Pretty sure being the key words.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR, without a doubt. Having a difficulty mode where you can just click a button once and join a raid to clear a watered-down version of the same raid with tank-and-spank boss mechanics cheapens the experience of raiding, and is largely why people don't raid anymore and why raiding guilds have either shrank or disbanded.

My second place contender would be interrupts. They make it almost impossible to play a spellcaster in PvP...

90% of Legendaries...keep the ones that are actually useful for your class. So like 2-3 per class. The rest are only there to make you rage.

anything cross realm. the day the community died, wow died.

Uhm no. Pretty sure the devs stated that LFR is the reason they dedicate a lot of resources to raiding.

Pretty sure being the key words.
    pretty sure isn't very good, especially with no evidence to back it up