Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd tell them if it was my friend.

Deleted
    One of my friends ended it with his wife last week. I took him out for some beers, and he told me he wished I had been more persistant in pointing out the red flags.

If you are close, you should at least ask him about it. Get a few beers in him, and ask him stuff like "So, how is it going with the wife?". Dont attack her or the relationship, but if its bad, he is probably going to realize it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Have a friend who just got engaged today and I honestly wanted to tell him not to propose when he showed us the ring but I kept my mouth shut.

Him and his now fiance basically fight all the time and he gives up all of his time for her. Like he will stopp anything the cares about doing to do what she likes to do while she doesn't really do the same for him.

Its not the worst relationship I've ever seen, but its up there.

IS it ever ok to be real with a friend about their relationship?
    It's not just ok, it's necessary. You're saving his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post

Have you ever known a guy to break up a relationship based on the advice of his friends?
    Yeah. A friend of mine listened to our advice when our group of friends advised him to dump the chick. She was always trying to start fights with him, telling him how worthless his friends were (after meeting us once) and how he should be more like her dad (red flag right there) who she in fact hated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

You should probably just fuck her. They'll break up, he'll get over it. Bros before hoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'm looking for friends, not yes-men. We sometimes don't realize we're going to make mistakes when our judgement is clouded, or we develop habits that you aren't aware are bad. Good friends who actually care about you will tell you the hard-truths and you should keep those friends around.
    This is exactly what I would want my friend to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This is exactly what I would want my friend to do!
    Ye, that's what you think, until you will have someone stick his nose into your relationship.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-08-07 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You should probably just fuck her. They'll break up, he'll get over it. Bros before hoes.
    Naw she gross AF.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    If hes ur FRIEND....tell him what you think. Friends do that. If hes not ur friend and you don't care about him.... just be quiet like a regular person would. But tell him, sure hes probably gonna get angry, but a real friend would understand.

Deleted
    Love can be a beast. But often people have reasons to love each other friends dont know about.

Love is blind. You can tell him, but chances are he's too emotionally invested to consider what you have to say. If she really is as vile as you portray her, he'll realize it eventually or he's perhaps simply happy with that for his own reasons.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-07 at 10:59 PM.

Unless you know that the fiance is cheating/stealing/whatever, it's not your business and you'll only damage your relationship with your friend.

You don't have a horse in the race unless your going balls deep in the chick yourself. Support your friend and his decisions. Don't put doubt in his mind.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say something.

Be a friend. Not Mr Agreeable.

You admitted that you'll probably will never see him again if he goes through. What you gotta lose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a GF who was sorta like that...she would drop all of her shit just to be at her friends beck and call...and they got jealous and started hating me because I would take time away from them...so they started badmouthing me behind my back.

I know it's not the same...but I regret not saying more than I did...but at the same time it sorta avoided me a nasty break up because she was to busy with them to even call me or anything...so she sent me a 3 page email that my friend and I had a laugh over.

Honestly I would of told your friend...sounds likes a bad relationship and it will only get worse and harder for him to walk away from the deeper he gets into it...and if it ends up going all the way and to divorce...it could end up costing him a lot.

No, it is never ok to do that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

not going to speak for others but when my best friend got engaged to her Ex I knew they weren't going to last that long being married to each other. Lady was not in control of her faculties and I thought she was going to be a ball and chain instead of a partner working through life. After 2 years they broke up so they dodged a bullet there.

Have a friend who just got engaged today and I honestly wanted to tell him not to propose when he showed us the ring but I kept my mouth shut.

Him and his now fiance basically fight all the time and he gives up all of his time for her. Like he will stopp anything the cares about doing to do what she likes to do while she doesn't really do the same for him.

Its not the worst relationship I've ever seen, but its up there.

IS it ever ok to be real with a friend about their relationship?
    You should do what you think is best for your friend. Recommend not getting engaged/married, but also tell him him (obviously). 'Love' makes people stupid and you need to catch him into the right mind set to see that it isn't worth it (assuming it isnt).

Naw she gross AF.
    You should also point that out. "bro, none of us would ever fuck that... so fuck that, bro"
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's ok, and yes, you should
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.