Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's wrong with CRZ?

I was reading the other thread where people should name one thing they would remove from wow and many people said CRZ.
    Can someone tell me what is wrong with CRZ as i never experienced any issue with it?

As a matter of fact i was very happy when they introduced it.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is fine, but some people want to play alone apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Balvan View Post
    I was reading the other thread where people should name one thing they would remove from wow and many people said CRZ.
    Can someone tell me what is wrong with CRZ as i never experienced any issue with it?

The major issue of CRZ is, that if you are on a low pop server, it comes with the disadvantage of being on a high pop realm (competition for stuff), but doesn't bring the advantage (well supplied AH) with it. This has been alleviated by shared mob/gathering node tagging though.
    Another issue is that some of the connections are quite obnoxious. In my case, a low/medium pop alliance dominated server is getting CRZd with bunch of high pop horde dominated servers, to the point where you see more horde from those realms than you see alliance from your realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    CRZ is fine, but some people want to play alone apparently.
    See, that is exactly the problem. You are STILL playing alone because you no connection to those other players and no interaction with them. Yes, sometimes another player hits a named mob at the same time but that is everything. In fact the other players could be replaced with bots any nobody would notice.

On the other hand you are not recognizing people from you own realm either. Mainly because of sharding and because you do not really expect to see someone from your realm outside of capitals either way (because everything is CRZ).

CRS had a huge part in destroying server communities. It was not the only reason, but its influence was very noticeable.

It was introduced to make older areas feel alive by seeing people.

But also it creates problems in specific areas, different for every server.

But at the same time its the only way for some people to World PvP.

Not sure why people feel the need to communicate with others, also but different mentality for everyone, i can understand it by some North Europeans i have on Bnet and how they are :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    CRS had a huge part in destroying server communities. It was not the only reason, but its influence was very noticeable.
    Instant teleport to dungeons and battlegrounds and LFR queues killed server communities. Even before CRS there was very little activity in the outside world besides in front of faction hubs.

It was when people gathered outside the battleground instances or raid/dungeon entrances, or stood in capitals gathering groups that social interaction took place.

Since the anonymous, instant gratification of teleportation into dungeons and raids with people you're likely never going to encounter again the community has rapidly declined. There are no longer consequences for shitty behavior so, equally, there are no rewards for being social.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

See, that is exactly the problem. You are STILL playing alone because you no connection to those other players and no interaction with them. Yes, sometimes another player hits a named mob at the same time but that is everything. In fact the other players could be replaced with bots any nobody would notice.

On the other hand you are not recognizing people from you own realm either. Mainly because of sharding and because you do not really expect to see someone from your realm outside of capitals either way (because everything is CRZ).

First part of your post has nothing to do with CRZ. Not interacting with players is no CRZ issue.

And about not recognizing people from your own server outside of capitals, why is it important to you to see player from your own realm as opposed to someone from different realm while doing quests or famring nodes?

I still don't see how CRZ has a part in destroying communities.

15+ Year Old Account
    And about not recognizing people from your own server outside of capitals, why is it important to you to see player from your own realm as opposed to someone from different realm while doing quests or famring nodes?
    Because familiarity breeds interaction. When you encounter players you recognize and have played with before, you're more likely to engage them in repeat social interactions.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

To me, the most annoying elements of CRZ are that it tries to kill you through random flying dismounts (still happens even though it was supposedly fixed), vanishing nodes and rare spawns, and ridiculous camping competition (Hunter main). Yeah, that last one is a selfish reason, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Because familiarity breeds interaction. When you encounter players you recognize and have played with before, you're more likely to engage them in repeat social interactions.
    Before CRZ and while outside of capitals how often have you recognized someone you pleayed with earlier and immediately started socially interacting with that person?
    If that happened every day then i can understand your issue with CRZ, but even then if we even out that issue (and the issue with gathering supplies someone mention earlier) with all the benefits CRZ brings, then its no brainer if CRZ is good or bad feature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before CRZ and while outside of capitals how often have you recognized someone you pleayed with earlier and immediately started socially interacting with that person?
    If that happened every day then i can understand your issue with CRZ, but even then if we even out that issue (and the issue with gathering supplies someone mention earlier) with all the benefits CRZ brings, then its no brainer if CRZ is good or bad feature.
    Not often (as I already stated in a previous reply) but certainly more often than now.

I agree that CRZ isn't the main cause of social interactions dying (as I also said before, LFR/BG queues did that), but it does have a part to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ had a huge part in destroying server communities. It was not the only reason, but its influence was very noticeable.
    As some people above me pointed out group finder features (like LFD, cross realm BGs) obsoleted server communities. These things happened before CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing wrong with CRZ, it is the sharing that is bad.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People from other realms you can only chat with and not interact 100%.

Can't trade with CRZ people at all (other then actual group loot), no matter if they are your best friend you group with 95% of your wow playtime...

They can't join your guild either.

I played on a low pop realm for 6 months of legion and CRZ was active all the time, and even brought more opposing faction players into the server to tag mobs.

I am talking mostly about Auto-CRZ here. Joining groups via LFG interface is 100% okay but I'd still love Blizzard to drasticly cut down the number of realms.

Sharding is different, and totally fine to prevent overpopulation, but they do need to fix so that grouped people seeing eachother 100% of the time, even if a 40 man raid would be put in it's own shard.

Recent example of positive sharding : when Suramar is filled with farming bots from my realm, the difference is hugely noticeable if your not in their shard. (I know I could move to broken shore for the starlight roses but that's beside the point)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-08 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was more fun when places were not always crowded. It doesn't matter what you're doing now. Every where you go there is a crowd of players ruining the experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The game was more fun when places were not always crowded. It doesn't matter what you're doing now. Every where you go there is a crowd of players ruining the experience.
    Heaven forbid playing a massively multiplayer game involved playing with a massive number of multiple players.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Are you aware that most of the medium and low pop realms were completely empty outside of capitals before CRZ? How's that more fun? So you want to play massive multiplayer game completely alone?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you aware that most of the medium and low pop realms were completely empty outside of capitals before CRZ? How's that more fun? So you want to play massive multiplayer game completely alone?
    They should instead have merged those medium and low pop realms, and still can.

The only reason I can see why they haven't done it yet cause of guilds/names would be overlapping, and they obviously won't merged mid-expansion.

By the way, the world still feels empty on EU Draenor at times, and that's one of the biggest realms. But I think that's mostly sharding at work, otherwise I'd see people from other realms all over the place, which I do not (compared to playing formerly on EU Doomhammer before 7.2)

Being alone in Old world content is more beneficial in terms of rares/tames. Now many places are getting camped nonstop from CRZ.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-08 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    To me, the most annoying elements of CRZ are that it tries to kill you through random flying dismounts (still happens even though it was supposedly fixed), vanishing nodes and rare spawns, and ridiculous camping competition (Hunter main). Yeah, that last one is a selfish reason, but it is what it is.
    You're almost guaranteed not to find a rare spawn when a new expansion hits now when in the past it was more likely that you'd find it. That's my big problem. Once CRZ hit, any rare that dropped a mount now has like 50 people camping it instead of 5.

Iam fucked when it comes to rare camping

Hunter pets, Rare spawns before it didnt matter cause my server was dead but now i gotta fight for them

So i dont even get the few benefits of being on a dead server had and it hasnt made the community any better! When i see someone on another server i dont say hi i dont even notice them cause iam on a pve server but when i see 20 people camping a pet or mount i want i start to ask how is CRZ beneficial to me?