[Casual Random BG class] #1000 Thread

So I returned to WoW since I left 6 months ago because there isn't a single day without rain and summer realy sucks this year...

I liked PVP during the Legion pre patch and had a lot of fun just doing shenanigans with my rogue, warlock and windwalker. Just want to pass some time and relax with PVP instead of TV and I have no ambition for arena or ranked PVP. I've played melee for years and I'm a bit burned out on that playstyle so I want to go ranged or semi ranged with my SV hunter.

Currently I'm playing a Warlock, SV Hunter, Shaman and Shadow Priest. But that's too many toons/classes to maintain!

As I can only focus on one class due to RL I'm hoping for some opinions.

What's your favourite class currently other than Arms Warrior?

Deleted
    Play Hunter or Shaman. As a Lock or Shadow Priest you will be pulling your hair out as you watch flag carriers etc. escape your wheelchair level mobility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Enhance or Survival with your flavor of aesthetic being the deciding factor imo. Enhance might have a little more of that semi-ranged quality but I can't claim to know shit about Survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    because there isn't a single day without rain and summer realy sucks this year...
    Sounds like the summer we are having in Denmark..... Normally summers are causing my friends to set wow on pause, but this year everyone is playing through it....

On topic: I main a monk as I love all 3 specs, WW and MW in PVP and BM in PVE...
    My alts are Ret Paladin and Ele Shaman but to be honest I mainly just PVP on my monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoajj View Post
    Sounds like the summer we are having in Denmark..... Normally summers are causing my friends to set wow on pause, but this year everyone is playing through it....
    Same here. I usually take a break in spring and return in autumn when it's already dark after coming home from work. But this year...

Had a few more games with my Warlock (aff) and big zergs are fun. I transmogged to something boring with no bling/glows trying not to attract attention. Works quite well but when you get caught by a DH + Warrior on the road I don't even fight back. One BG I decided to be the annoying fly on your butt and just chased a resto shaman the hole time but couldn't even kill him. No ST preassure + no mobility.

I guess I'll give the Shaman, Hunter and WW another try and see where it's going.

Doesn't need to be the end of the thread though.

Deleted
    If you are going to solo queue in random BGs, definitely not shadow priest. Without anyone to peel, you'll be an easy picking by melee and you won't have a chance to get that pressure ongoing.

I like affliction warlock more for similar purposes. More control, more endurance. Fun.

Deleted
    On the topic of Shadow Priest... There is a fun spec right now where you just run around tagging everyone with instant casts while never actually hardcasting any spell.

It's not a great spec (you get tunnelled hard by melee and you die fast) but in a BG it can be fun.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Raakel;46824874]WW another try and see where it's going[QUOTE]

WW is a lot of fun for me when I join solo queues for BGs, can 1v1 almost everyone as a WW

Shadow priest is a great random bg class, just dot everything and run away if you get focused. You'll have to train yourself to kite and survive but you can top meters in almost any bg

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Play Hunter
    If you have any other class do not play a hunter in random bgs...i am currently having the worst experience at random bg in 12+ years only playing a hunter. I have every bg achievement to give ya a idea how much i play random bgs on and off.

This weekend was the first time i did survival and it is at least alright...you know playing the only melee class in the game without a stun.

That's true, SV has some quirks. Mainly almost no survivability although your spec name indicates you should have lots. I would trade some damage for more. Playing hit and run as SV hunter is fun and people seem suprised how much damage they take from me. But: only one self heal with long CD and no stun makes you a victim of almost any other melee class. Also having to point and click your traps in melee is pointless. You lose so many globals you can't use them in a heavy fight. If you go for clothies/ranged it's ok.

I got trained with my Shadow a few times which felt bad but could also just have been bad luck.

survival is great if you have heals. Otherwise you're just some weird warrior with a pet and no stuns.

Marks works kind of, but I've stopped using arena spec in bgs and just gone full nuke mode with lone wolf and trick shot. You fall over if someone farts at you but boy do you do a lot of damage (and outrange everything too)