Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Its the invitation only so place doesn't matter. You only need to be top 8 of your region to get invited.

On the other hand frag's group didn't go for it this week.

Also it just surprises me, maybe the price is way too little, I mean 100k for a multibillion company is like the bonus of one of their devs, but they should increase the prices so we can see some real competition. There are way better setups, players out there than the top 8... nagura is in the invitation i mean srsly...
    They're probably testing the waters to see the popularity of it, if it's very popular, and we don't see a bigger prizepool next time, i'd be a little disappointed.

It's also the fact that it's so soon after the world first race, so many people are just wrecked from prog, and there wasn't much notice, so heaps of the better players didn't sign up, not because of money, but because they were just too wrecked/couldn't set aside a schedule/solid team.

The prize pool really isn't the reason for who is top 8 for each region.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Plenty of them had good enough setups, what are you talking about. It's just Prydaz which they should all have, the darkmoon deck which they can buy off the AH, then avoidance gear, which they often have some anyway, or atleast have some they can item restore. They only need like 2 items before you could class that as a good as tank set, and before those 2 items, it's still a decent tank set.

Again, you're proving you have no idea.

The only thing they may not have, is avoidance gear at a reasonable level, but a shit ton of them still had some available, enough.
    I think you got me wrong on the last pages (maybe because the shit war against me or whatever). I never denied teams have some defensive items on the previous pages, I never claimed that teams are struggeling on bosses at all. I just claimed that this week it is harder to play keys in time than last week, because keys require more time than last week. Than I've just tried to explain why. Lazel is completely right that teeming and fortified is a real big thing, but luckily quaking was non-existent so it was nearly a 2-affix week + bosses were just melt down in 90sec even on 22s. In the current week the whole playstyle changes which results in some wasted second here and there, but at the end every second matters + the increased boss hp. Keys are much more limited not by the onehit mechanics in first place, but more because the timers are just not enough at several dungeons, because of the changed gameplay/increased fight durations. On top of that 2 or 3 randoms death more
    than last week is playing also a hugh difference. It happend quite unusually last week that a group member got a random one shot , because a fortified 22 mob usually does not oneshot with its unavoidable group damage abilites.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Addons are permitted, because that would be stupid af if they weren't.[/QUOTE]

Stupid to you, game doesn't come with addons, and I consider many of them close to cheating. And I said it would be interesting see the top players fail without addons, or not (fail).
    Now, stupid would be claiming to have high lvl m+ xp and not having it in the end.

/troll (fuck quotes)

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I think you got me wrong on the last pages (maybe because the shit war against me or whatever). I never denied teams have some defensive items on the previous pages, I never claimed that teams are struggeling on bosses at all. I just claimed that this week it is harder to play keys in time than last week, because keys require more time than last week. Than I've just tried to explain why. Lazel is completely right that teeming and fortified is a real big thing, but luckily quaking was non-existent so it was nearly a 2-affix week + bosses were just melt down in 90sec even on 22s. In the current week the whole playstyle changes which results in some wasted second here and there, but at the end every second matters + the increased boss hp. Keys are much more limited not by the onehit mechanics in first place, but more because the timers are just not enough at several dungeons, because of the changed gameplay/increased fight durations. On top of that 2 or 3 randoms death more
    than last week is playing also a hugh difference. It happend quite unusually last week that a group member got a random one shot , because a fortified 22 mob usually does not oneshot with its unavoidable group damage abilites.
    100% this week is harder, but earlier, you said things like
    "Meowchangs group already confirmed they are going bick dig this week also, but I don't really believe they can manage a 23 this week." When it was really obvious a 23 would be done this week.
    And "The trash is actually worse than last week on high keys."

Which set people off. Because really, the trash isn't harder this week, you just use your brain. If it's a scary pack, don't pop your cds at the start, so they run out just as the mob hits 30%, and save your damn stuns and interrupts for when it matters. Those are basics. Also if you watched the streams you said you did, there were a lot of random trash deaths in dungeons, VoTW is a big one for that, before the first boss, was pretty common to see a lot of deaths.

You over-estimate how much trash dying there is this week, it's no more than last. Raging is able to be 100% played around on non-fort weeks, and necrotic isn't making the trash much harder at all. Now if you were saying Raging+Fort, I'd agree it'd be shitsville.

But I will give you this, none of that is nearly as bad as Draggoshs bs that HoV has an "impossible" boss.
    "Well it's also the fact that some bosses are just impossible because they simply one shot people with unavoidable abilities (2nd boss of EoA, Hyrja...). It reduces drastically the dungeon pool possible "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
    Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but im getting nito mythic+ abit more the last couple of weeks. For me, the levels these top groups do is mind boggling. Im in a heroic raid guild, and last night we tried to do a 15 CoS. We failed on Talixae Flamewreath (imp boss). Must say we didnt have a melee, so interrupting was really hard. But still, if i look at the damage incoming in a 17 HoV, i cant imagine these guys do a +23.
    Is it that you need different gear sets for bosses there? I read for example that avoidance and leech gear can really make a difference. And like Emerald Archers says, they have tank gear? So am i getting this right that for example even the healer has some tank gear for bosses or something in those lines?
    First boss in BRH for example, with his one shot mechanic, how can you even survive that on a +20?
    You need to adjust to the dungeon. Quinrat streamed a lot the last few days. There was a Tyrannical EoA, can't remember the level, but it was above 20. On the second boss there is an unavoidable AoE where you have to stand in the water. Quinrat as ret was a oneshot to every single one. What he did was using the Legendary Tank Trinket and an Stamina/on use Trinket. It will cost you a lot of damage, but with those two trinkets he got two additional personal Def CDs and was able to rotate these CDs with his class CDs to survive the AoE.

I don´t raid anymore, so we are missing out about 400k HP on every player and our DPS don´t have pyradaz. For our groups one shots are happening at 17+, which is our limit right now. Yes 20+ is mind boggling. But even for our group, we have to adjust to the affixes. For Example in our Tyrannical CoS runs, we Lust on Talixae Flamewreath, remember +17 is our Limit, our highest CoS is +16. With "low" DPS and low HP the imp groups (which are spawning faster and faster) is a big problem. We wipet a lot to this boss. Now we oneshot it everytime, because we set up a stun/silence rotation and use Lust and Cooldowns on imp spawns. The last boss on the other hand was never a problem. I play Blood DK, so i can solo it. As long as the group survives long enough to bring him low, we will finish CoS in time.

Mythic+ is a lot about experience with your specific group setup. You have to know what can kill you on which affix. Some groups can ignore mechanics due to strong personal CDs or immunities on every player, others can´t. We have to play some packs/bosses differently than we see it in the streams, because we are missing HP or DPS. But we are improving by using trial and error. That means a lot of depleted keys, but it´s really fun, so we don´t care.

You implied you were a high level m+ player. And by the looks, that's bs. Your "proof" for knowing what you were talking about, it multiple situations, was implying you had done 20s and 21s etc.

Shit man, you didn't even know that these groups have tank gear sets, and said horse shit like you need crazy good rng.
    Probably "this isn't even my main account" seeing how there is exactly 1 guy having done 1 +20 in time on all of his rogues realm connection ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Probably "this isn't even my main account" seeing how there is exactly 1 guy having done 1 +20 in time on all of his rogues realm connection ;-)
    Y'all a bunch of internet detectives. <3

Dragging this back to topic, were there any surprises for you? Groups that qualified, groups that didn't, an unexpected comp? Do you expect you'll pick up any tips during the tournament itself?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Dragging this back to topic, were there any surprises for you?
    Pleasantly surprised to see more healers than just rdruid/hpala in the top 8 of each region. Also prot pala and dps shaman being brought out in APAC's top 8 in nice to see.

Groups that qualified, groups that didn't
    It's an invitational, so even with raider.io/wowp's rankings, we don't know exactly who is getting in yet. Blizzard may have their own algorithm or even just preference. If it's anything like the older pvp tournaments, teams may even get disqualified for eligibility issues.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    why should I play a new rogue as my new main on the same dead server?

"Meowchangs group already confirmed they are going bick dig this week also, but I don't really believe they can manage a 23 this week."
    Yeah, I didn't believed that 23 would be done in time this week and I was wrong with my prognosis. To err is human. I'm usually a pessimist in those things :-).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-08-08 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Pleasantly surprised to see more healers than just rdruid/hpala in the top 8 of each region. Also prot pala and dps shaman being brought out in APAC's top 8 in nice to see.
    Outside of the top two teams APAC is a meme so I wouldn't take much of what they're doing seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Outside of the top two teams APAC is a meme so I wouldn't take much of what they're doing seriously.
    I wouldn't underestimate a single team. The whole qualification was overshadowed by huge gear differences, key-rng and a lot of other things. All the alliance teams did a very well job, since the missing AoE silence is a real big deal. Some group setups deserve also a lot of respect. We will see what happens if all the teams are starting from the same spot.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-08-08 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Y'all a bunch of internet detectives. <3

Dragging this back to topic, were there any surprises for you? Groups that qualified, groups that didn't, an unexpected comp? Do you expect you'll pick up any tips during the tournament itself?
    To me it is very surprising that the best M+ player in the world, Drjay, isnt even qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    To me it is very surprising that the best M+ player in the world, Drjay, isnt even qualified.
    How are you defining the best M+ player in the world? Or am I falling for bait?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

nerf blood elf racials!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate a single team. The whole qualification was overshadowed by huge gear differences, key-rng and a lot of other things. All the alliance teams did a very well job, since the missing AoE silence is a real big deal. Some group setups deserve also a lot of respect. We will see what happens if all the teams are starting from the same spot.
    APAC is a bit of a meme, so the higher up groups were able to just stop as soon as they felt they had done enough. Afaik, the Hexz, Sups, Khabib, Sadozai and Vanish group hasn't bothered trying to push further than needed. And their healer is one of the best there is, the dps are also very good players. I wouldn't be suprised to see them perform noticeably, despite half-assing the invitational.

But APAC next time, hopefully won't get 8 spots, reduce it to 6, then it'll be better. Because honestly, the fact Quin is as close to qualifying as he is, that's really sad.

Deleted
    So, for the EU Winners (if everything goes like wowprogress/raider.io say) statistics would be:

Tanks:
    4 DKs
    2 Bears
    2 Demon Hunters

Healers:
    4 Holy Palas
    3 Resto Droods
    1 Resto Shaman

DPS:
    5 Warrys (assuming arms)
    5 Rogues (assuming sub)
    5 Hunters (assuming MM)
    4 Owls
    3 Locks (assuming Aff)
    1 Fire Mage
    1 Demon Hunter

6 Horde, 2 Ally.

Except for the RShaman and the lack of ele shaman this is roughly what I expected.

Lol, i just knew there's going to be ban drama, with Blizzard's recent rule "if you have a ban on your B.net you're not allowed to compete in our tournaments" it was inevitable - they don't want to give money to people who violated their ToS. And there's as much boosting in PvE as there is in PvP if not more now, so some participants must've gotten caught at one point of the time, at least Blizzard did it prior to the actual tournament, cause some PVP player got booted straight from LAN couple of years ago. I have no doubt tournament IS the reason why ban wave even went off.

Who actually got banned though? Apparently Naguura's rogue is one of them and there's rumors about players from Frag's team?
    Last edited by FareweII; 2017-08-09 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    (a) You must have authorized access to a full Blizzard account registered on
    Blizzard’s on-line gaming service in your own name, or in the case of a minor, in
    the name of the minor’s parent or guardian. Your account must be in Good
    Standing at the start of the Tournament and remain in good standing throughout
    the Tournament. An Account will be considered to be in “Good Standing,” if
    there are not any suspensions, bans, or other incidents of Account discipline
    lodged against the Account by Blizzard during the Tournament, or during the six
    (6) months period preceding the commencement of the Tournament. A Blizzard
    light account is not sufficient for participation in the Tournament
    RIP caught players and their teams (I believe this is why a lot of the usual suspects were not around in the qualification. messed up bio )

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    So, for the EU Winners (if everything goes like wowprogress/raider.io say) statistics would be:

Tanks:
    4 DKs
    2 Bears
    2 Demon Hunters

Healers:
    4 Holy Palas
    3 Resto Droods
    1 Resto Shaman

DPS:
    5 Warrys (assuming arms)
    5 Rogues (assuming sub)
    5 Hunters (assuming MM)
    4 Owls
    3 Locks (assuming Aff)
    1 Fire Mage
    1 Demon Hunter

6 Horde, 2 Ally.

Except for the RShaman and the lack of ele shaman this is roughly what I expected.
    I wouldn't have expected elemental shaman at all. Not that their bad, they just fall behind in either ST/AoE at the higher levels, to where they can't compete with those classes. They also aren't that mobile, and their defensive capability is lacking.

Restoration Shaman is surprising, but that (along with the DH) is probably because those groups are just use to running with a very particular comp. It mostly works, but they aren't willing to find a random to fill a slot with a more "meta" class because they don't want to adjust to that person.

Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock and Balance druids were what I expected for DPS. If warriors were tuned down a bit, and certain trinkets weren't really favorable with both warriors/rogues, you would probably see unholy DKs slip in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    you would probably see unholy DKs slip in there.
    I feel like groups would move much more towards 2 ranged 1 melee before considering an unholy DK, and then still go rogue for their 1 melee, because rogue.