Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wouldn't Jaina need to somehow become undead or something to be warchief of the Horde ? I know, how about if she was experimenting with a cure for the worgen and accidently turned herself and half the worgen into weres only. They are no longer human and are forced to join the horde.
    Last edited by Hoodzilla; 2017-08-08 at 02:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thralls time as a leader is over. He is the world shaman now and he has put the role as Warchief behind him. He has also made a fatel mistake by appointing Garrosh warchief and while some inside the Horde would welcome him back, i don't think he would accept the role simply because he has lost trust in his own decisions after the faillings of Garrosh.

I would though love to see Thrall take up a position of advisor to Sylvanas/Saurfang or maybe even become a neutral advicer to help the peace between the Horde and Alliance be. He is after all the character who have for the longest time been in favor of total peace between the Horde and Alliance, and his role in both the Battle of Mount Hyjal and the Death of Deathwin, should give him enough respect from the other racial leaders for him to have a safe neutral spot.

All in all, i would like to see Thrall more in the game and not just in the Shaman quest line. He is an iconic character and he should have an iconic role.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should stop being a pussy and start honing his warrior skills again, He used to be a fucking great gladiator and now free from the shackles of the elements he can become a true Warrior Warchief!

Horde need a proper orc warchief. History proves this.d

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    That's a fine premise, but the Horde will always be centered around the orcs (as it should be), and the Warchief of the Horde should always be an orc. It was tolerable having Vol'jin, but having Sylvanas lead the Horde is just... ugh.
    No the Horde should be centred around none of the races and each sharing equal limelight. Like Alliance should have less human showing. Hell best thing to do is to have 2-3 expansions in which no orc or human (including the two cursed human races) have absolutely no light on them what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had enough Green Jesus forced down our throats with Cata, MOP to a lesser extent, and Warlords.

His story pretty much ended when he lost the Doomhammer into the Maelstrom and (insert generic Enhance Shaman here) found it and took it up.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

They should only bring him back if they are attempting to make the story intentionally bad.

Please no more whack-a-mole warchief. We've got Sylvanas now, let her be warchief for the next decade of WoW at least. Or until Vol'jin comes back since his run was pathetic.

Sylvannas will raise Voljin into Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    There's reasons for peoples' hatred - were you not around for even a month of Cataclysm?
    I've been around since World of Warcraft came out, I even managed to get a American copy. Cataclysm as an expansion wasn't Thrall's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    during cata we followed thrall alot, there was whole questchains with him, even as alliance, the firelands, his elemental dismay thing, the expansion had ALOT of thrall...
    During WOTLK we followed Tirion about, during WoD we followed Khadgar around a lot, during Cataclysm 4.2 we followed Malfurion around a lot. But I wouldn't call them Alliance expansions/patches.

Also, I'm actually very surprised by the poll result so far, I expected a far bigger margin for a no vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Yes, you are grasping. I do it myself with alot of the Wish List-type threads I've been making in General WoW recently. I'm not the type of person to piss on someone else's wishful thinking on that note. The thing about Thrall is his story is done. Metzen set up Thrall's exit starting in Cataclysm with the obvious analogies with stuff going on in his personal life (Getting married, starting a family and retiring). Any further appearances by Thrall will likely be cameos and not much more than that.

..I see this and I know you're in denial about Thrall's story being done. I was pretty clear anout this along with most of the people who've posted in far less polite ways.

As for the rest of what I said, you DO know that was just speculation on my part right? You're clearly taking alot of what folks are saying a bit too literally for some reason.
    I've never said Thrall's story is or isn't done. You're the one who's categorically certain that his story is finished. I guess that makes me grasping at straws and not you? Metzen also isn't Thrall in Warcraft, Metzen has more in common with Tirion then Thrall if we're going to play this frivolous real-life to warcraft character comparisons. He's also stated he's still doing his voice in the future on twitter, I've posted a link somewhere on the forum.

I think you need to stop with your over the top assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't want him to exist at all anymore.

Let him rot in the nether. So sick of him and all the hard-ons for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling it mindless is not only rude, but pathetic.

There's reasons for peoples' hatred - were you not around for even a month of Cataclysm?
    Killing of an iconic character just because a bad few storylines is simply lazy writing. And as much as Blizz tend to be guilty of lazy writing i always hope for better.

He can have a cameo here and there and at one point return to the stage much like Khadgar did, but not as a warrior wearing armor, he should remain rooted in shamanism.

Deleted
    I don't see it happening at this point but I wouldn't be against it. If they make him come back they need to build him up in some way, as it stands he's just worthless as a character.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I've been around since World of Warcraft came out, I even managed to get a American copy. Cataclysm as an expansion wasn't Thrall's fault.
    Did you really just allude to me suggesting he was the main reason the Cataclysm sucked as an expansion? Come on dude, really?

Hold on, let me come down to your level, but up to what you think is your level:

During the Cataclysm expansion, which Thrall was a major lore-NPC during, Blizzard portrayed him in such a way that was barf-inducing for many of us. We were forced to hear his voice go from being cool, to annoying over-night, because whining and just hearing it WAY TOO MUCH. Him having to be at the center of every God-damned story and side-story and side-side-story in the expansion exacerbated every problem. I expected Cataclysm to be cool as shit, I read The Shattering, and I also read War of the Ancients and several other books which all told Deathwing's overall story and coming return. What did I get? Fucking. Thrall wedding. Thrall this. Thrall that. Thrall knocked up some annoying female orc. Thrall has a name. And it's dumb. Go'ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

There.

Does that explain at least somewhat to you, why people can't stand him?

Yes, Cataclysm was a terrible expansion. Yes, Thrall wasn't everything that was wrong with the expansion. Thrall was, however, a LOT of what was wrong with the expansion. People just want a breath of fresh air. Let Thrall enjoy his retirement, or whatever, and be an okay Daddy.

Yes, I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed that almost a decade later, when it's been proven in many ways how dumb that expansion was, and how much players were/are sick of Thrall, people are actually still talking positively about these subjects. Yuck.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2017-08-08 at 09:27 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Please no more whack-a-mole warchief. We've got Sylvanas now, let her be warchief for the next decade of WoW at least. Or until Vol'jin comes back since his run was pathetic.
    i rather kill myself than stay with a dead high elf as warchief of the horde for more than one expansion, you want a decade? wtf man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I hope that somewhere in the world a son or daughter of Garrosh and Zeala is around and Thrall will die at his/her hand in the future.

Its the only thing atm Thrall is still good for, the revenge of the Hellscream family.
    sadly this is a good lore, and they will not do good lore
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-08-08 at 11:18 PM.

After WoD destroyed most of the Orc characters of old and made them raging "Conquerers" even without the blood of Mannoroth, which IMO made the curse redundant as it portrays them negatively even without the fel taint.

Garrosh's character change and fall.

Saurfang is around and he's on his last legs.

Thrall's lack of impact in the story, loss of power. Should he now adorn his full Doomplate and return as Warchief and fill a hole he left since he became the world shaman? The Horde without any meaningful Orc characters feels like a shadow of itself, am I the only one who feels like this?
    Honestly, Rise of The Horde(TBC era WoW), pretty much as early as we lore got expanded upon orc clans pre-fel taint(slight coveragein WC 2 if I recall, but not really as in depth), has looots of brash, pillaging warrior clans on the verge of becoming something like a conqueror... Pretty much all the clans that made up the Iron Horde in WoD were that way especially Blackhand and Hellscream's. They didn't really retcon with WoD, the clans that make up the Iron Horde are the ones that were the most prolific in the original Horde. A lot of the clans that didn't drink the felblood didn't do so BECAUSE they were peaceful and didn't see the point. WoD didn't retcon that, people just misunderstand that a lot of the clans were dramatically different, with Hunter clans like the Frostwolf, Shamanistic and more 'intune with the spirits' clans like the Shadowmoon making up the 'image' of peaceful or 'calmer' orcs.

Did you really just allude to me suggesting he was the main reason the Cataclysm sucked as an expansion? Come on dude, really?

Hold on, let me come down to your level, but up to what you think is your level:

During the Cataclysm expansion, which Thrall was a major lore-NPC during, Blizzard portrayed him in such a way that was barf-inducing for many of us. We were forced to hear his voice go from being cool, to annoying over-night, because whining and just hearing it WAY TOO MUCH. Him having to be at the center of every God-damned story and side-story and side-side-story in the expansion exacerbated every problem. I expected Cataclysm to be cool as shit, I read The Shattering, and I also read War of the Ancients and several other books which all told Deathwing's overall story and coming return. What did I get? Fucking. Thrall wedding. Thrall this. Thrall that. Thrall knocked up some annoying female orc. Thrall has a name. And it's dumb. Go'ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

There.

Does that explain at least somewhat to you, why people can't stand him?

Yes, Cataclysm was a terrible expansion. Yes, Thrall wasn't everything that was wrong with the expansion. Thrall was, however, a LOT of what was wrong with the expansion. People just want a breath of fresh air. Let Thrall enjoy his retirement, or whatever, and be an okay Daddy.

Yes, I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed that almost a decade later, when it's been proven in many ways how dumb that expansion was, and how much players were/are sick of Thrall, people are actually still talking positively about these subjects. Yuck.
    You're taking a handful appearances and twisting it into the biggest drama fed whinge on Thrall I've ever seen. Fine, it's your opinion. Thrall was a main character in Cataclysm, but he only appeared in a few short quests in 4.2 and in The Hour of Twilight dungeon and the final raid Dragon Soul, I think you need to go back and revisit actually how much Thrall was apart of the whole expansion in total.

Seems to me like you just don't like him, so I'm not going to keep banging my head against a brick wall to try and change your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    That model is cool though... where'd ya get it?
    I know right, I just googled Thrall Doomplate and this image popped up. Looks amazing.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    He should stop being a pussy and start honing his warrior skills again, He used to be a fucking great gladiator and now free from the shackles of the elements he can become a true Warrior Warchief!
    So.... Garrosh 2.0 - how creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shinyteethqt View Post
    Sylvannas will raise Voljin into Undead.
    Kinda hard to raise ashes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    Honestly, Rise of The Horde(TBC era WoW), pretty much as early as we lore got expanded upon orc clans pre-fel taint(slight coveragein WC 2 if I recall, but not really as in depth), has looots of brash, pillaging warrior clans on the verge of becoming something like a conqueror... Pretty much all the clans that made up the Iron Horde in WoD were that way especially Blackhand and Hellscream's. They didn't really retcon with WoD, the clans that make up the Iron Horde are the ones that were the most prolific in the original Horde. A lot of the clans that didn't drink the felblood didn't do so BECAUSE they were peaceful and didn't see the point. WoD didn't retcon that, people just misunderstand that a lot of the clans were dramatically different, with Hunter clans like the Frostwolf, Shamanistic and more 'intune with the spirits' clans like the Shadowmoon making up the 'image' of peaceful or 'calmer' orcs.
    I don't really understand what your trying to say at the start, but Rise of the Horde the book was pre-Warcraft 1. It has major insight in to how the Orcs were before the corruption and manipulation by the Burning Legion. I do understand that each Orc clan had different traits, some were more warmongering, others were more peaceful, etc etc.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're taking a handful appearances and twisting it into the biggest drama fed whinge on Thrall I've ever seen. Fine, it's your opinion. Thrall was a main character in Cataclysm, but he only appeared in a few short quests in 4.2 and in The Hour of Twilight dungeon and the final raid Dragon Soul, I think you need to go back and revisit actually how much Thrall was apart of the whole expansion in total.

Seems to me like you just don't like him, so I'm not going to keep banging my head against a brick wall to try and change your opinion.
    I didn't even play WoW during 4.2, you are wrong in diminishing his overall presence.

Thrall was very present all throughout the early parts of Cataclysm and then he was way too important in the events leading up to the release of Firelands. Everything was Thrall Thrall Thrall.

And for the record, actually, I thought Thrall was cool... until the Cataclysm.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water