Thread: Lfr kj

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lfr kj

I have to ask cause I am at work and haven't logged in yet. What difficulty is LFR KJ? Are we talking LFR Archimonde difficult or fallover easy LFR Gul'dan? I want to run it on my alts if it's not a nightmare today haha.

if you don't soak annihilation rain, you will wipe.

the darkness phase is rough too if you don't find illidan fast. sometimes trolls ping the wrong direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't too terrible. Once people actually soaked, we were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Ping the sheep off the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    I plan to do this I think lol.

Based on logs it looks like failing to soak causes 1 million damage + 400k damage per 2 seconds for 30 seconds, which is 7 million per player over 30 seconds, which is pretty easily healable. The AR DoT ticks for ~320k per 2 seconds for 1 minute on 8 targets with an initial hit of ~740k, or 10.34 million per player. That's 82.72 million for soaking, 175 million for failing, not particularly scary.

The only thing that sucks is that with LFR-tier DPS, this fight will be 8+ minutes which is way too goddamn fucking long to be doing a boss in LFR. The boss dies in 5 minutes on normal or 6:30 on heroic, fucking 8+ minutes in LFR, which is already excruciatingly painful? I guess that's what you get when you require 880 ilvl, 0 capacity for being able to actually do any kind of DPS, and give the bosses NH mythic level HP pools. 3.98 billion is 15% more than Krosus mythic, with intermissions and adds. Nice fucking meme Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Based on logs it looks like failing to soak causes 1 million damage + 400k damage per 2 seconds for 30 seconds, which is 7 million per player over 30 seconds, which is pretty easily healable. The AR DoT ticks for ~320k per 2 seconds for 1 minute on 8 targets with an initial hit of ~740k, or 10.34 million per player. That's 82.72 million for soaking, 175 million for failing, not particularly scary.
    Pretty much agree with this. I ran this on an alt and at 4 determination stacks, 3 healers were hovering near 350-400k hps while the other 2 were non-existent and one missed soak wasn't a problem. However, people started intentionally "soaking" and then running out early to bump up our determination stacks to counteract the extremely low damage. 2 stacks was incredibly difficult for our healers (I can imagine super geared healers being able to survive through it) and 3 missed soaks one shot the majority of the raid. Darkness was hardly noticeable, but I can see the stacks becoming a problem if the fight lasts long enough.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

this is going to signal the death of pinging the map. just watch....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post

The only thing that sucks is that with LFR-tier DPS, this fight will be 8+ minutes which is way too goddamn fucking long to be doing a boss in LFR. The boss dies in 5 minutes on normal or 6:30 on heroic, fucking 8+ minutes in LFR, which is already excruciatingly painful? I guess that's what you get when you require 880 ilvl, 0 capacity for being able to actually do any kind of DPS, and give the bosses NH mythic level HP pools. 3.98 billion is 15% more than Krosus mythic, with intermissions and adds. Nice fucking meme Blizzard.
    All fights in LFR takes forever, and feel even longer since there are no mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    this is going to signal the death of pinging the map. just watch....
    I'm fairly sure they just won't use the fog of war mechanic again. I haven't really heard anybody say that it's a good addition as a raid mechanic, most people I've talked to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I'm fairly sure they just won't use the fog of war mechanic again. I haven't really heard anybody say that it's a good addition as a raid mechanic, most people I've talked to hate it.
    Your average WoW players are going to claim they hate any mechanic that stops them from standing still and tunneling their dps into a boss. If we went by that logic every boss would end up being patchwerk.

It's actually a pretty interesting mechanic that could be used in many ways in the future. It's full potential wasn't shown on KJ, there is a lot more that can be done there besides "you do no healing or damage until you find X".

Love the tuning personally.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Just did this.

Lost half the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    All fights in LFR takes forever, and feel even longer since there are no mechanics.
    This. I think normal mode bosses literally take 1/4 the time a LFR boss takes and half the time like on Maiden in LFR I'm just like zzzzz is this over yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Love the tuning personally.
    Shocker.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Just did this.

Lost half the raid.
    This made me laugh way too much.

If people don't soak it's gg. Aside from that it's a pre easy fight but I must say I joined last night for the memes and no one even dps's the adds or anything so it might be a bit tough for a while. xd

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Can confirm, we wiped two times because some troll pinged map randomly.

I'm so looking forwards to this tonight

Wiped once to pings. Had multiple armageddons go off on the kill but not back to back so we healed through it. Might be hard for groups with actual semi-AFK LFR healers.

killed it with determination 5 how can you do less than 300k dps? (or even 200k?) Poor stats?