10+ Year Old Account

Aug 8th Patchnotes

Huge Balance/HoT wrap up patch came out today. No easy way to paste the note here while keeping readable.

Highlights:

* WvW Gliding
    * WvW and PvP armor can be upgraded to legendary
    * Change to WvW ticket system
    * New Ammo system (a lot of skills given charges)
    * Lots of balance changes including trait and skill redesigns. Healing power buffed in PvE. QoL stuff
    * Food buff changes
    * More

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...yElxdjZ-pJeQE/

Resident Cosplay Progressive

can go here as well

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ugust-8-2017-3

tempest (well, fire and air anyway) has been nerfed

Thank you both, lord forbid anything not WoW be on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "
    RIP Lootstick.
    lol, think that is the top rated comment on the reddit thread

They finally did something with guardian spirits though it was not the direction I hoped they take. Guess I'll have to wait longer til a "ritualist" spec appears.

The mesmer changes to phantasms are very underwhelming. That GM trait that increases phantasms damage the longer they are out is counter productive. First off it has no synergy with chronomancer or mirage (you can't resummon them with their current stacks, it resets) and they die too easily. The trait is utterly pointless and I don't know who designed that and tested that piece of crap.

Another wtf moment is Vital persistence for Necro.

One of the biggest changes for necromancers in this patch is the change to the Vital Persistence trait. Previously, this trait reduced the rate at which life force decayed while in shroud and was too powerful compared to the other two traits in the same tier. We’ve changed the functionality of this trait in order to provide a different option that is easier to track and is more competitive with other traits in the same tier.
    Reasonable.... except...
    Spectral Mastery: Duration increase has been reduced from 50% to 20%.
    So if VP is too strong you nerf it AND nerf the other 2 GM traits?

What? WHO THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE OF BALANCING OVER THERE?!?!?!!? How about you BUFF the other 2 traits instead of buffing the base skills which didn't even buffing when it was the fucking trait that needed buffing.

Anet balancing team is literally a joke, they waste so much time on such minor insignificant changes it's no wonder it takes them years to fix things
    Last edited by zito; 2017-08-08 at 11:44 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    @zito Im confused. VP isnt a GM trait. I have touched power necro in awhile and thems more like a pvp/wvw change but I think they made it so you can enter death shroud more of without being able to camp it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Reasonable.... except...

Read the rest of the patchnotes. The Spectral skills got buffed to compensate for the nerf to the trait so your traited durations are the same as they were pre-patch. For the only skill that matters, Spectral Armor, the effect actually runs a little bit longer than it did pre-patch - and you still get the +50% duration to the Protection applied from the trait. ANet in charge of accurate tooltips

VP getting completely reworked/neutered in the way they did is weird (though perhaps not, considering it wouldn't work at all with Scourge) but their reasoning isn't suspect.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-08-09 at 01:29 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the change on thieves. Some of the old traits weren't exaclty useful, and now they are.

Mah hammers are better. Plus it seems a lot of other nice changes to Rev.

Stoked for my charr spirits soooooon.

New updates

Necros shroud decay reduced by 25% in general to compensate for the pointless nerf

Also confusion and torment now do the same damage as bleed in pve

Makes my chrono cond shatter build with scepter and staff more op. It's like this patch mega buffed everything in my build

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for posting this, as a new player its nice to see the game receives support regularly. I'm sure much of it is due to the expansion coming out soon, so probably a lot of hotfixes in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They finally did something with guardian spirits though it was not the direction I hoped they take. Guess I'll have to wait longer til a "ritualist" spec appears.

The mesmer changes to phantasms are very underwhelming. That GM trait that increases phantasms damage the longer they are out is counter productive. First off it has no synergy with chronomancer or mirage (you can't resummon them with their current stacks, it resets) and they die too easily. The trait is utterly pointless and I don't know who designed that and tested that piece of crap.

Reasonable.... except...

What? WHO THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE OF BALANCING OVER THERE?!?!?!!? How about you BUFF the other 2 traits instead of buffing the base skills which didn't even buffing when it was the fucking trait that needed buffing.

Anet balancing team is literally a joke, they waste so much time on such minor insignificant changes it's no wonder it takes them years to fix things
    I believe Scourge is supposed to the re-imaging of the Ritualist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamroock View Post
    I believe Scourge is supposed to the re-imaging of the Ritualist.
    Yea it's not, every class has a few hints of it here or there but nothing full on.

Having 3 shades that only damage or heal when someones in their small ass circle is not a ritualist. Renegade is more of a ritualist but because of the EXTREMELY high energy costs it's not going to do much of anything