Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    But most people are not okay to be touched by strangers without their consent.
    i thought you came from a civilized non western country. tell me one country that is civilized non western country that doesnt have people touching each other all over during public transportation packed in like sardines...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It wouldn't have to be, I didn't say it, let say it was a man and you love men, what if it's an ugly man who comes from the island of fugly and it's their tradition to grab penises and a sign of respect and love.

The point is, it doesn't matter if you want it, it matters that you don't and it doesn't matter if it's their tradition or not, if someone same sex or otherwise comes up and plants one on you or grabs your penis and you find them ugly as fuck or wouldn't touch them in a million years, then YEAH!

That's the point, you aren't a buffet for grabbing a touch right?
    I have actually experienced a man grabbing my penis and ballsack in Thailand, he didn't look like a man though. Thinking about it now it was kinda funny and kind of hot. I think I'm going a little off-topic here, sorry.

I think the line would be drawn at kissing on the mouth. But for a kiss on a cheek? It happens all the time when I visit my mom's family from Romania, I don't want to be kissed on the cheek but hey... I have to do it to be nice!

A kiss on the cheek is a universal thing, I don't really think of it as being anything as a sign of respect or affection. I was raised in England so I was taught that kissing people on cheeks was a weird and awkward thing to do. So I don't do it myself personally.

I like it when people show me attention, it's fun and it helps me feel good. I think every now and then, showing a little bit of affection towards people is healthy and helps people. But that's just my opinion and it's probably not a very popular one too.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i thought you came from a civilized non western country. tell me one country that is civilized non western country that doesnt have people touching each other all over during public transportation packed in like sardines...
    Germany is non Western?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If a French woman/man walked up to you and did their "hello", what would you do? Call the cops?
    Block them and tell them to cut it out. If they do not relent a punch is on the table.

Block them and tell them to cut it out. If they do not relent a punch is on the table.
    And here I thought you embraced other cultures.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    It's not about being a guy or a girl but it being a person you do not want to be kissed by. I doubt you'd be okay with any and every person. Or maybe you have no concept of personal space and you are.

But most people are not okay to be touched by strangers without their consent.
    You're right, most people aren't okay with that at all. But I think my issue with this was that people are trying to label this sexual harassment and even rape. Do you not agree that it's a very serious allegation to make that can potentially ruin lives and has done so many times in the past?

This man could've seen his life in shambles had that woman continued seeking vengeance against him. He would never be able to live a normal life again as a sex offender. All because he kissed someone on the cheek. I obviously understand the invasion of personal space here but I don't believe it was harassment of any kind, sexual or physical.

It's a very slippery slope here, Elba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absomal View Post
    I have actually experienced a man grabbing my penis and ballsack in Thailand, he didn't look like a man though. Thinking about it now it was kinda funny and kind of hot. I think I'm going a little off-topic here, sorry.

I think the line would be drawn at kissing on the mouth. But for a kiss on a cheek? It happens all the time when I visit my mom's family from Romania, I don't want to be kissed on the cheek but hey... I have to do it to be nice!

A kiss on the cheek is a universal thing, I don't really think of it as being anything as a sign of respect or affection. I was raised in England so I was taught that kissing people on cheeks was a weird and awkward thing to do. So I don't do it myself personally.

I like it when people show me attention, it's fun and it helps me feel good. I think every now and then, showing a little bit of affection towards people is healthy and helps people. But that's just my opinion and it's probably not a very popular one too.
    No No No dude tongue too don't be like that, it's just a little saliva. J/K

Kiss on the cheek is sort of a universal thing so you do draw a point, but the greater point is regardless to whom it is, yeah going around echanging those kinds of embraces aren't always accepted.

You are a very silly but open minded person which is great, but you understand the point that if it's something you really are not ok with it, wouldn't be ok to assault you :P
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-08-09 at 01:49 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You're right, most people aren't okay with that at all. But I think my issue with this was that people are trying to label this sexual harassment and even rape. Do you not agree that it's a very serious allegation to make that can potentially ruin lives and has done so many times in the past?

This man could've seen his life in shambles had that woman continued seeking vengeance against him. He would never be able to live a normal life again as a sex offender. All because he kissed someone on the cheek. I obviously understand the invasion of personal space here but I don't believe it was harassment of any kind, sexual or physical.

It's a very slippery slope here, Elba.
    If his "live is ruined", which it won't be lol, it would be due to his own actions.

It kind of is sexual harassment, at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It kind of is sexual harassment, at least.
    What about intent? Would that be taken into account too?

Kiss on the cheek is sort of a universal thing so you do draw a point
    Kiss on the cheek is not universal in the sense he was describing it.

You can't just go around kissing people lmfao....not everyone is comfortable with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And here I thought you embraced other cultures.
    That isn't embracing culture that is crossing someone else's physical boundaries into touch.

It's not acceptable, but he kissed her cheek; it's not like it's some kind of horrific sexual assault.

Deleted
    If his "live is ruined", which it won't be lol, it would be due to his own actions.
    What a horrible way to think, Elba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiss on the cheek is not universal in the sense he was describing it.
    Well in the west it sort of is, I mean I know some cultures are opposed to personal touch of any kind upon meeting like bowing instead of shaking hands, but even in situations like that if you work for an international company you'd probably be educated enough to know if that custom was acceptable now in places say like Japan.

But that doesn't mean some other costumes might not make the rounds.

Well in the west it sort of is, I mean I know some cultures are opposed to personal touch of any kind upon meeting like bowing instead of shaking hands, but even in situations like if you work for an international company you'd probably be educated enough to know if that custom was acceptable now in places say like Japan.

But that doesn't mean some other costumes might not make the rounds.
    Kiss on the cheek is affectionate with your partner, not something you'd do to strangers whom you have no relationship with.

Can't believe this is even noteworthy, but glad to think in retrospect that mankind made it past ridiculous safe space entitlement such as this in order to procreate to this point. Now that the world is overpopulated, we afford to have stupidity like this ensue without detriment to the overall survival of the species. Makes me laugh, imagining the follow up slap that someone would have gotten in previous eras for publicly trying to turn something like this into a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiss on the cheek is affectionate with your partner, not something you'd do to strangers whom you have no relationship with.
    I wouldn't hell I wouldn't even extend my hand to shake someone else's hand, good way to catch a cold.

For sure, but it's not remotely comparable to sexual assault to any degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    For sure, but it's not remotely comparable to sexual assault to any degree.
    So it's just something one should laugh off?