Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't why y'all are worried about him.

The alt Right is going to give this guy so much of their allowances. Already 60k I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I did, unfortunately for me.

Do you need me to repeat it? Super duper fired. Guaranteed.
    I was less responding to your claim of layoff, and more to the section of Torto's quote that you bolded. You state that Mr. Damore expressed the idea that "women are biologically unsuitable for certain technical roles" in his memo, which influences me to believe that you either had not read the aforementioned memo, or that you misinterpreted it.

With this affirmation that you have read Mr. Damore's memo, I know now the latter of my beliefs is truth.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    And another thing. If you argue that with merit based hiring, you wouldn't see any women or people of color in tech, what does that say about YOUR opinion about the abilities of minorities in the workplace?

Related note, the article written by four scientists in response to the diversity memo was DDOSed. Alternative link here!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/T...id=KY-DWZFK1Zw
    People pushing diversity hiring say that. Not the detractors.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-08-09 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

The alt Right is going to give this guy so much of their allowances. Already 60k I think.
    Alt-right won't have to give him anything. He is suing and will get millions. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    People pushing diversity hiring say that. Not the detractors.
    Yes, of course. People against diversity hiring would realize that there are plenty of talented women and other minorities qualified to take merit-based openings.

Because this. Or is this unfair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to feel sorry for someone whose views on women would fit in more back in the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Hard to feel sorry for someone whose views on women would fit in more back in the 20s.
    Spoken as someone who didn't read the bloody memo. Holy fuck I am getting tired of this blatant strawmanning of what was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Spoken as someone who didn't read the bloody memo. Holy fuck I am getting tired of this blatant strawmanning of what was written.
    and he is a moderator of this lovely forum lol. incapable of reading a short story...

But we must respect the diversity of ideas! Can't a guy advocate for measuring employees skulls in peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to explain how his views on women don't sound like something you'd hear casually in the 20s. Seems pretty clear to me he is trying to use biology to justify thinking women aren't as smart or as technologically inclined while ignoring basically every other possible factor. A thinking more typical to a backwards time rather than now. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't have any reasonable points, but boiling something so complex down to purely biology is silly.

Seems pretty clear to me he is trying to use biology to justify thinking women aren't as smart or as technologically inclined while ignoring basically every other possible factor.
    WHERE?

Do you not understand statistics? Is that the issue?

Last edited by Livnthedream; 2017-08-09 at 02:17 AM.

Feel free to explain how his views on women don't sound like something you'd hear casually in the 20s. Seems pretty clear to me he is trying to use biology to justify thinking women aren't as smart or as technologically inclined while ignoring basically every other possible factor. A thinking more typical to a backwards time rather than now. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't have any reasonable points, but boiling something so complex down to purely biology is silly.
    So you think men and women are 100% the same in how they think? The science be damned?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the big deal is here, other than the hypocracy in conservatives crying about their "safe spaces". My company doesn't let me shit talk about them either. There are conditions to employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So you think men and women are 100% the same in how they think? The science be damned?
    Unless it is pro women, then it is all "Girl power!".

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I know a lot of people who have stopped using Chrome since today and have started using Brave instead because of this nonsense.
    That's the dumbest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is here, other than the hypocracy in conservatives crying about their "safe spaces". My company doesn't let me shit talk about them either. There are conditions to employment.
    Where did he shit talk his company?

Also, surprise surprise, he isn't a conservative!

Where did he shit talk his company?

Also, surprise surprise, he isn't a conservative!
    Women are too dumb to work is usually a conservative point of view.

Women are too dumb to work is usually a conservative point of view.
    Please show me where he said that. I'll patiently wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Regardless of what anyone thinks about the manifesto, what this situation shows me, more than ever, is that people who pull out constant strawman arguments to misrepresent things into oblivion are actually the scum of the earth. There are no worse people on this planet than people who do that, and this thread is absolutely full of them. Disgusting. Can't just have a reasoned debate about anything these days. It's just screaming, outrage, silencing.
    What is there to debate? Talk shit about the company work for, true or false, get caught and you will be fired. Honestly, debate it til you're blue in the face with whoever will listen, both of you are idiots and the debate is completely irrelevant. I mean, who gives a shit what his opinion is, he wasn't the boss and thats the end of the story.

Remember that shit people, if you aren't the boss your opinion is dogshit.