Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

How much minimum DPS is required for LFR ToS?

Blizzard has said LFR is not tourist mode. It should be difficult. I doubt people will initiate a kick for 700k dps in LFR KJ.

If you are pulling below 400k on the later bosses, then you shouldn't be there.

Yes it's LFR, but I'm sick of wasting 3 hours everytime I do maiden and fallen avatar because people can't be assed to click more than 3 buttons.

If you have the Ilvl requirement to get in then you should be fine on DPS.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Blizzard has said LFR is not tourist mode. It should be difficult. I doubt people will initiate a kick for 700k dps in LFR KJ.
    797k is fine even for Normal KJ. In LFR, anything above 500k is fine. With an average of 885 gear, without any tier sets, not even a good player is going to get much more than these 500k out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait wait....people ACTUALLY dps in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    wait wait....people ACTUALLY dps in LFR?
    How do you think the bosses die??
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

i have killed almost all bosses with 70% of dps's doing 150-250 K dps. Just dont die. LFR is not looking for raid, is looking for retards

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-09 at 01:40 PM.

The good performers tend to even out the overachievers and things like the augment runes and tier sets incentivize well geared players to join as well which also smooths out the curve.

Really though at the end of the day it's not how much dps you can do but how many determination stacks you can put up with. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Athalon View Post
    i have killed almost all bosses with 70% of dps's doing 150-250 K dps. Just dont die. LFR is not looking for raid, is looking for retards
    I absolutely do not believe you killed LFR KJ with 70% of DPS doing 150k-250k.

The typical group will not have much problems. Just getting enough people to learn and perform the mechanics as per usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I absolutely do not believe you killed LFR KJ with 70% of DPS doing 150k-250k.
    It's 500k average if the remaining 30% do 1000k each, which is enough to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    only boss you can basically wipe due low dps is avatar
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Now Fallen Avatar, that's a dps race and there's no way you'll kill it with that many people doing that low of dps.
    Yeah, I figured they'd make Avatar like Krosus in Nighthold, where no matter how long you took he wouldn't smash the last safe segment of ground. I was proven wrong on week once when we wiped at over 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How do you think the bosses die??
    The bosses are not there. For example when you kill the trash and open the box with the boss on Desolate Host, it just gives you loot with no boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Now Fallen Avatar, that's a dps race and there's no way you'll kill it with that many people doing that low of dps.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, I figured they'd make Avatar like Krosus in Nighthold, where no matter how long you took he wouldn't smash the last safe segment of ground. I was proven wrong on week once when we wiped at over 25%.
    On lower difficulties you can just drag the boss away from the platform, let him smash nothing and drag him back forever.
    Last edited by Meiffert; 2017-08-09 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    On lower difficulties you can just drag the boss away from the platform, let him smash nothing and drag him back forever.
    I ended up doing that last week since I was a tank, but that lava still freaking hurts. Maybe I ran out too far, but I died and he didn't wreck any ground at all and the boss died so all good, I guess.

You're supposed to use cds and self heals to not die. Demon hunter is good for this as you can get back very quick too

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't always calculate a minimum. I would say, about 400k is fine, as you always have powerloaders in LFR too.

Last I was in, me and five others was at a steady 900-1.1 mill dps on bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind if I have to pull a little more for some. LFR can kill you but only if you aren't smart enough to move from obvious things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    What is your point? Of course 700k DPS is way above the line that would get someone kicked from LFR KJ. I did it three times today and altogether I bet there were fewer than 4 players in each attempt (and definitely only two of us on one of my alt's attempts) that broke 700k. You would be fine if you averaged 700k on normal KJ if mechanics were handled at all.

LFR KJ isn't a challenge due to DPS, it's due to the mechanics not being completely gutted like most of LFR. It's still mostly gutted, just not as completely as other bosses so a lot of LFRaiders have no idea they need to do something other than spam abilities.

Are you trying to say it is tourist mode because you don't get kicked for being under 700k dps?
    Last edited by Trend; 2017-08-09 at 09:06 AM.

It's LFR. All you need to do is to be not-obviously-afk and loot the bosses.

Around 42 and thats also the answer to the meaning of life. Enjoy.