Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    Hmm... I guess I see your point, though... it's Kil'freakin'Jaeden ... the boss of Gul'dan (which gave a mount, ground mount but at least something).
    It's also sad that you associate "Kil'freaking'Jaeden" to be just "the boss of Gul'dan".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Every end of tier boss since Garrosh has dropped a mount on mythic though.
    Well, that is only 3 bosses since then so not much to gather from. WoD only had 3 raids, so there was not really a chance for that expansion to show what Blizzard want to reward for a mid expansion tier boss.

From what can be gathered, it would seem like Blizzard does the final boss mount reward with 1 tier in between. Would make some sense with Highmaul and Nightmare not giving a mount.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, a huge motivation to play during Warlords was solely the thought of getting my hands on those insanely cool mounts from Blackhand and Archimonde. These two figures PALE in comparison to the one named Kil'Jaeden and this is the treatment that he gets...
    No mythic only phase and no other reward than title, which is like automatic anyway... you can get it after the expansion from the first kill. It's not like it's gonna drop to 1% or be rare in any way...
    You know, there was a time when title wasn't something granted "automatic anyway...", but players bitched and blizzard caved in, you want the same to happen with mounts? Because it's already what's happening and this (and dozen others) thread only proves it.

Also, if anything Gul'dan or Archimonde prove is that mounts from last bosses are anticlimactic and short-term bad for the game, because guilds will sell mount runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In the end, the reward for killing Mythic Kil'Jaeden, the final boss of a tier, is nothing.
    How come no one is complaining about this ?
    Are you guys ok with this? Like ... for real ? It could have been some neat transmog, not necessarily a mount, but there should have been at least a mount ... as a sign of minimal respect, as tradition dictates.
    If you're gonna tell me they did it for the class mounts, that's really stupid. I hate my class mount, btw. It looks just like a recolor of an older model of drake. I wouldn't be happy if that's the explanation...
    Regardless of that, I understand many people do not raid mythic and do not share this concern, but still ... the ones who, do, how do you feel about this? I'm surprised I don't see anything related.
    Legendary Bow in the sunwell, go check it out.

In the end, the reward for killing Mythic Kil'Jaeden, the final boss of a tier, is nothing.
    Are you guys ok with this? Like ... for real ? It could have been some neat transmog, not necessarily a mount, but there should have been at least a mount ... as a sign of minimal respect, as tradition dictates.
    If you're gonna tell me they did it for the class mounts, that's really stupid. I hate my class mount, btw. It looks just like a recolor of an older model of drake. I wouldn't be happy if that's the explanation...
    Regardless of that, I understand many people do not raid mythic and do not share this concern, but still ... the ones who, do, how do you feel about this? I'm surprised I don't see anything related.

Gonna be starting KJ mythic this reset. Don't much care about a mount or anything. Only real benefit from them is being able to sell a boost for millions of gold and fund the next tier for feasts/flasks/pots ect.

There can't be a mount for every end boss. Having 2 mounts from end bosses in an expansion with 5 raids and 4 tiers (if EN/ToV is a tier) is more than was expected. The same goes why mythic only phases. If every fight has a mythic only fight or every end boss, it loses its charm. KJ mythic is almost as long as GD mythic including its hidden phase and they've made it so you have more than 1-2 mechanics per phase here.

Also I can't really think what mount you could have KJ drop so, no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SackOfFail View Post
    I find it odd that KJ doesnt drop Tier... Having one of the Tier pieces drop from GD was one of the reasons it felt good to clear him.
    Yeah KJ without Tier seems weird agreed.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Every end of tier boss since Garrosh has dropped a mount on mythic though.
    I guess when you live in a fantasy world where Mar'gok and Xavius aren't "end of tier" bosses because they don't drop tier gear

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I guess when you live in a fantasy world where Mar'gok and Xavius aren't "end of tier" bosses because they don't drop tier gear
    What fantasy? Highmaul was part of T17 with BRF and EN was part of T19 with nighthold. Perhaps its you living in the fantasy world that two seperate raid instances cant be part of the same tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmaul was part of a tier with BRF and EN was part of a tier with ToV and NH.

so sweet to see mythic crybabies whine about not being able to sell boosts in ToS

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Because people capable of killing Mythic KJ aren't entitled crybabies like LFR heroes.
    What someone that isn't making up a bullshit answer but laying the biggest reason. What is this madness
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Highmaul was part of a tier with BRF and EN was part of a tier with ToV and NH.
    Explains why they dropped a tier lower ilvl wise, but keep believing this garbage if you wish. The gear jump from EN->NH was the same as NH->ToS.

Again, keep living in that fantasy world if you wish. NH released almost half a year after legion but yep, totally was part of the first tier of raid content LUL.

Tradition dictates? You must be new to WoW and only played in nighthold. Not every end boss has a mount drop. Lei'Shen/Ra'den for example placed the exact same tier wise and KJ and had not mount.
    I've started playing WoW in TBC and was a super newb the whole part, then played in WOTLK and managed to kill LK 25 HC, got my hands on Invincible then stopped and returned in Warlords of Draenor and got cutting edges ever since. I think every end of tier boss from Garrosh onwards droped a mount.
    It seemed "tradition" to me since I didn't play Pandaria and Cata, so I could have been mistaken, but do you wanna chillax with that attitude, man?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    And did you get those insanely cool mounts?
    I did, yes. That was my motivation, as I said. It felt really good getting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Last time i've checked it gave you FoS, a title and loot. You entitlement is kinda discouraging, especially for someone who didn't kill kil'jaeden mythic. And don't tell me that you didn't kill him just because there is no reward to do so... You didn't kill him because you can not, barely a 500 of players killed him and this itself is a reward
    To be quite honest man, because of the lack of reward, I don't even feel that motivated to push... I might probably kill it, maybe I won't. I am on the course of doing so, my guild is at 6/9 M. I'm not close, sure, but ... maybe closer than others... I'm not b****ing, I'm just curious of other's opinions on this.
    Sorry to disagree with you on "title" and "loot" reward, if you say that's a reward then you're not objective You can get those aaaaaanytime when the race is over. The only reward is that FoS, which is honestly barely worth anything. If I link right now Cutting Edge Gul'dan to someone, will I impress him in any way ? I might not even get a "meh" and it was hard to do in time... Just FoS isn't enough, but that's just me I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I actually think it is okay. It seems like Blizzard is doing Wrath cycle of rewards, having every 2nd raid be rewarding a mount and also having an extra phase. Also we havent heard too many people complain about (You are actually the first to make a thread), so it does not seem like it is a problem for the mythic raiders

In the end, it is just a mount and i can happily say, that Legion is full of those, both good and greats.
    Well, I see your point. I guess you are right. But as I said, it could have been some transmog at least ? :P Something unique...
    I guess it is not a problem for mythic raiders, but I was curious to know if it is or not. I'm reading these forums often and didn't see anything on this topic, was wondering about it but, you're right I guess.

It's also sad that you associate "Kil'freaking'Jaeden" to be just "the boss of Gul'dan".
    It is indeed, didn't want to stretch it... Just wanted to point out at least that 1 simple fact out of the others. (Because it was obvious)

You know, there was a time when title wasn't something granted "automatic anyway...", but players bitched and blizzard caved in, you want the same to happen with mounts? Because it's already what's happening and this (and dozen others) thread only proves it.

Also, if anything Gul'dan or Archimonde prove is that mounts from last bosses are anticlimactic and short-term bad for the game, because guilds will sell mount runs
    Well, man, you're screaming at the wrong door here. I know there was a time when a title wasn't something just granted, but what can you do? "Times change" and I ain't the one who can change anything about it. It currently is and looks like it's gonna be that way for titles going forward. Don't be angry with me about it... Isn't it the truth ? Regarding mounts... whatever makes people play the game, is fine by me. If elite guilds will sell the mythic mounts, so what ?? I don't care, I only care that it was rly hard to get mine and I feel good about having it. It's not like I envy a millionaire because he spends his money on dumb s**t. I'm gonna be happy for what I have, and that normally, that thing I have isn't that easy to get, unless you're a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Gonna be starting KJ mythic this reset. Don't much care about a mount or anything. Only real benefit from them is being able to sell a boost for millions of gold and fund the next tier for feasts/flasks/pots ect.

There can't be a mount for every end boss. Having 2 mounts from end bosses in an expansion with 5 raids and 4 tiers (if EN/ToV is a tier) is more than was expected. The same goes why mythic only phases. If every fight has a mythic only fight or every end boss, it loses its charm. KJ mythic is almost as long as GD mythic including its hidden phase and they've made it so you have more than 1-2 mechanics per phase here.

Also I can't really think what mount you could have KJ drop so, no loss.
    Good for you, brother! I just want to point out 1 thing related to your post, I did say "It could have been some neat transmog, not necessarily a mount" and that's what I meant... it could have been anything (except a pet... that'd be 140% useless).
    I guess you have good points as well and I can agree with them, I guess.

People have been reasonable with their answers...I guess it is how it is then...
    Thank you for sating my curiosity!

It's probably not being discussed cause no one gives a shit and like 300 people have killed him lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explains why they dropped a tier lower ilvl wise, but keep believing this garbage if you wish. The gear jump from EN->NH was the same as NH->ToS.

Again, keep living in that fantasy world if you wish. NH released almost half a year after legion but yep, totally was part of the first tier of raid content LUL.
    This post: "YOU CAN THINK WHAT YOU WANT BUT I'LL JUST BELIEVE MY OWN HEADCANNON LUL"

Stay classy tech

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone in this thread kill KJ on mythic yet? If not, why are you all bitching about something that doesn't even concern you?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The only thing I could discuss is lack fo the Mythic only phase... They really dissapointed me. Kil'jaeden deserved one.

I doubt the mythic guilds that already wiped on it 700-800+ times really wanted another phase to wipe on another 400 times.

Most people don't even see mythic only phases. Sure they're cool, but really...it's content for just the top .01%, it really isn't a priority, and people who don't even raid at that level shouldn't complain. He got a pretty epic fight.

Gul'dan has been a really core part of the story for two xpacs, he honestly has had more screen time than kil'jaedin, i'm not sad at all about gul'dan getting an extra phase and KJ not.

And I love the lore a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I doubt the mythic guilds that already wiped on it 700-800+ times really wanted another phase to wipe on another 400 times.

Most people don't even see mythic only phases. Sure they're cool, but really...it's content for just the top .01%, it really isn't a priority, and people who don't even raid at that level shouldn't complain. He got a pretty epic fight.

Gul'dan has been a really core part of the story for two xpacs, he honestly has had more screen time than kil'jaedin, i'm not sad at all about gul'dan getting an extra phase and KJ not.

And I love the lore a ton.
    The reason those mythic guilds wiped 700-800+ times is because they were beta testing a boss on live.

10+ Year Old Account

Same models, same tier

You think like it's something mutual exclusive, but it isn't. With extra phase they would probably still have 700-800 wipes.

It's not about having an epic fight, it's about having epic lore scene/event.

And I do, because KJ is more important than Gul'dan in Lore. That's the point - Gul'dan was merely their pawn, while Kil'jaeden was right hand of the Sargeras.