Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Decided to have one of my 1-2 fastfood meals sins a year today and went to a mcdonalds store that has the new system where they only produce products when someone orders them.

Ate a Hamburger Royal Cheese and a BigMac menu for ~9€. Food was hot as fuck almost burned my tongue on the pickles. Taste was overall ok, you cant expect to eat the best burgers at such a chain its just impossible to beat selfmade burgers. For 9€ I would get one burger at a real burger restaurant while here I get 2 burgers and a soda + fries.

Dont see a reason to boycott them outside of health reasons (fat people should generally boycott them!) if your store suxx try another one or migrate to a country where they have food standards that get enforced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five Guys is better than In-N-Out

of course that's just personal preference
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

No one should ever eat at McDonalds.
    That type of restaurant exemplifies everything that is wrong with the USA and soon the whole world.
    There is no one thing I respect about the place, from its food, to its service to its ownership.

No one with a conscious would ever serve food that unhealthy and that low quality and attempt to market it to urban minors.
    Its disgusting in multiple ways.

Buy some organic meat and make your own burgers. They aren't much more expensive then the apparent 9 dollar meal and will taste 100x better and be around the same amount better for your body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Decided to have one of my 1-2 fastfood meals sins a year today and went to a mcdonalds store that has the new system where they only produce products when someone orders them.

Ate a Hamburger Royal Cheese and a BigMac menu for ~9€. Food was hot as fuck almost burned my tongue on the pickles. Taste was overall ok, you cant expect to eat the best burgers at such a chain its just impossible to beat selfmade burgers. For 9€ I would get one burger at a real burger restaurant while here I get 2 burgers and a soda + fries.

Dont see a reason to boycott them outside of health reasons (fat people should generally boycott them!) if your store suxx try another one or migrate to a country where they have food standards that get enforced.
    Ya, so we are clear, these problems are only related to the USA. You are right to say that food standards don't get enforced here. Mcdonalds is among the highest grossing businesses in the country. If they were to ever be exposed by anyone credible they would just pay their way out of it.

Its what happens in a free market economy. The rich stay rich and those not are happy to get handouts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    ironically, mcdonalds are - in my experience - way better outside of the US. But this standard still varies from branch to branch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Five Guys is better than In-N-Out

of course that's just personal preference
    My only issue with Five Guys is the extremely short shelf life of their burgers and fries. You have to eat it there for it to be good, it turns in to mushy crap within the 10 minute drive home, mostly because of the juicy goodness turned saturated. The best you can do is get a burger with nothing on it other than cheese if you want it, and add the condiments/greenery at home.

Because of that, I very much consider Five Guys to be a sit down restaurant, which leads to me not going there often because of scheduling conflicts.

Anyway, last time I ate at McDonalds, I had an egg McMuffin, with a distinct rotten egg black patch hidden in the center. Returned it, showed them the disgusting shit they served me, and I still had to argue with them to get my money back. The time before that, I got some nuggets shortly after they decided to murder their breading and copy Burger King for some stupid reason, and one of those nuggets was literally half cartilage. Fuck that place.

Deleted
    There seem to be huge differences in quality between mcDonalds restaurants in different countries, which is odd since they standardised almost all processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Unemployment is almost at 4%, what kind of people do you think they can get to work at McDonalds?

We need to import more immigrants.
    so bring in even worse people lol
    no thanks give me robots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    There seem to be huge differences in quality between mcDonalds restaurants in different countries, which is odd since they standardised almost all processes.
    depends whose doing the work....as they differ also

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!
    Goddamnit Orlong, this is why I still love you, even after all the brain aneurysm you've given me over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    He said he has OCD. Lets test that shall we?

That's probably the most annoyed I have felt from watching a gif. Why would they do that instead of clearing?

Just so I understand this... You have all these complaints of McDonald's, yet you still seem to give them your money. No wonder they won't change, they don't need to. They still continue to make money off of people like you, there is no reason at all for them to make a change.

2 trips to burger king in the last 2 weeks.

#3, just ketchup, NO CHEESE. Mr. Pibb.

I receive a #3 with cheese and a mr pibb. Both times. $15/hr? Nope. Fuck all the way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I hear cooking and eating home cooked meals might make you live longer.... (and stay thinner).

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    McDonalds isn't bad if you can catch them while the food is fresh. Mind you Chick-Fil-A is an all around better dining experience. As far as fries goes it's Arby's > Chick-Fil-A > McDonalds. Among fast food at least, I dislike Wendys and Burger King is shit.
    idk, i usually find mcdonalds fries to be pretty good.

and burger king fries are pretty damn good when they actually salt them.

i once ordered a chicken sandwich meal from mcdonalds drive through, late night coming home from a friends house, at about 1130pm... i ate the fries, and when i went to eat the sandwich, there was no chicken... at all just fkn lettuce and tomato

if i wasn't driving i would of gone back, i was so mad...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    2 trips to burger king in the last 2 weeks.

#3, just ketchup, NO CHEESE. Mr. Pibb.

I receive a #3 with cheese and a mr pibb. Both times. $15/hr? Nope. Fuck all the way off.
    No cheese?! You must be a ginger, cause you have no soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list.
    I would suggest visiting your local taqueria but that probably doesn't fit with your agenda either.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    No cheese?! You must be a ginger, cause you have no soul!
    That orange cheese can be too strong at times. I like the yella cheese on sanniches. I like the orange for mac n cheese or grilled cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Ever been to a McDonald's in Japan? It's night and day compared to what you've described. They even use real eggs!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Unemployment is almost at 4%, what kind of people do you think they can get to work at McDonalds?

We need to import more immigrants.
    Interesting observation of something that actually happened not too far from where I live. A McDonalds and a Chick-Fil-A opened within a few months of each other literally across the street from each other. Both companies hired from the same pool of people (Spanish speaking low-cost workers).

However, going to both within the first month (kids were younger back then and insisted on McDonalds far too often), the difference was striking. At McDonalds, you could only order meals by telling them the number, which didn't work too well as my wife was trying to order a happy meal for the kids (we know that they would only accept the orders via meal number because my wife spoke to the manager there, and that is what he actually told her). On the other hand, the workers at Chick-Fil-A spoke reasonably good English and could accept modified orders.

Again, they were hired from the same pool. So there are actually things companies like McDonalds can do...Chick-Fil-A demonstrated that. They simply choose not to do such things.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    God damn, I wish I could get a Big Mac meal for $9. It's around $14-15 here converted from our currency.

Not that I particularly enjoy (or get many beneficial nutrients from) McD food, but sometimes you just want to stuff you face with shitty fast food, you know?
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.