Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Holy Light is a good and benign force, it cannot corrupt. It can bless and enhance.
    Says who? The people who use the Light the most or are made purely out of it?

Wake up sheeple!
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-08-09 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Says who? The people who use the Light the most or are made purely out of it?

Wake up sheeple!
    The Holy Light can't corrupt people, and even IF it did, it wouldn't make much sense.
    It's the beacon in the light for most when the darkness takes over.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Hmm, true. We haven't yet seen a being being corrupted by Holy magic. Every other primary magic type has been confirmed to be corrupting.

We have seen Fel, Void, Necromantic, Arcane and even Nature based corruption, but not Holy.
    like, i feel like xe'ra is probably the closest to a light corrupter we've ever seen. she's the one that infused all of these draenei, she also locked up alleria for daring to mess with the void, she tries to forcibly infuse illidan. there's clearly a darker mindset here. not malevolent maybe, but maybe authoritarian, controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by ThtOneGuy View Post
    The Fel has a nasty habit of making people do things they never would have before. Before WoD, the First Horde's attack on Karabor seemed to be the first of its kind - in terms of brutality.
    it can make you more prone to chaotic behavior, but your mind is still your own. you make the choice to behave the way you do once it afflicts you, unless you're specifically mind controlled or possessed.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-08-09 at 01:00 PM.

The Holy Light is a good and benign force, it cannot corrupt. It can bless and enhance.
    I'd say it can be corrupting, high doses of it are already quite painful for mortals. It would be rather perplexing if there were no drawbacks to this source of power, after all every other school of magic has its side effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    The Holy Light can't corrupt people, and even IF it did, it wouldn't make much sense.
    It's the beacon in the light for most when the darkness takes over.
    The Naaru, and especially Xe'ra, have always struck me as the equal but opposite side of the coin epitomized by the adage "Light is not Good." The Light-infused Draenei with white glowing eyes and altered features aren't functionally different from the Void-tainted creatures we see in Mac'Aree excepting their natures. Rigidity, Order, and the notion of hierarchy when taken to their logical extremes can be just as "evil" as Disorder, Chaos, and dissolution. I think Xe'ra demonstrates that precept of the dangers of extremes and the purpose of essential balance with a view toward what an extreme Light position might look like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I'd say it can be corrupting, high doses of it are already quite painful for mortals. It would be rather perplexing if there were no drawbacks to this source of power, after all every other school of magic has its side effects.
    Well painful isn't the same as corrupting though, getting smashed in the face with a mace is also quite painful, yet not overly corrupting. If anything, the Light seems to be able to cleanse corruption.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Well painful isn't the same as corrupting though, getting smashed in the face with a mace is also quite painful, yet not overly corrupting. If anything, the Light seems to be able to cleanse corruption.
    I personally don't really trust the light, it can cleanse corruption of other schools, but I highly doubt it doesn't have its own kind of corrupting side effect so to speak. It would be interesting if constant high exposure to it could cause a very zealous mindset or something like that, considering beings like Xe'ra etc.

and fel can cleanse void corruption, as seen with iskar and the other arakkoa.

i would say that any force that goes inside your body and alters your physical form is a form of corruption, whether it's good or bad.

obviously, the light is much more in line with normal life than anything else, but xe'ra shows what happens when it goes too far.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and fel can cleanse void corruption, as seen with iskar and the other arakkoa.

i would say that any force that goes inside your body and alters your physical form is a form of corruption, whether it's good or bad.

obviously, the light is much more in line with normal life than anything else, but xe'ra shows what happens when it goes too far.
    It didn't seem as if the Fel cleansed Iskarr, more like it simply "replaced" the void curse, simply because it was a more powerful "blessing" than the curse of Sethe.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Problem with Holy corruption is that well, it ignores what has been stated by Blizzard in how Light magic works.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). (AskCDev)
    If it was that way inclined then with corruption and corrosion wouldn't people like Arthas, have changed too? It also ignores that fact that pretty much someone like Tirion and others would have their features altered too. I don't see Turalyon really being mutated for being on Argus thousands of years under the influence of Light next to the Lightforged Draenei... Just more of a DILF then messed up.

That alone, pretty much shows that there isn't a corruption when those two things are juxtaposed on the same environment.

I look at it like this: Draenei can evolve with the exposure to magic. When an Eredar is imbued with such a level of magic it changes - the change is similar just a few things are dissimilar. It seems that being Fel and Holy for Draenei is enlarged horns, markings, etc. Considering when looking at Red Pox, and become Broken, they also lose things like Horns, Hooves, etc.

It's a very crap bit of logic granted. But it sorta makes sense as to why Draenei's change and would help with how Etheraels came too actually, they changed to wondering bandages thanks to their exposure.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-09 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Light does not need drawbacks as having access to it is difficult enough compared to other magic schools. Practicing and learning is a thing but to build faith and conviction strong enough to call the Light to service is another matter entirely. No other school holds such unique requirements and that's probably why they can be more easily abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The Light does not need drawbacks as having access to it is difficult enough compared to other magic schools. Practicing and learning is a thing but to build faith and conviction strong enough to call the Light to service is another matter entirely. No other school holds such unique requirements and that's probably why they can be more easily abused.
    Actually, it's the easiest one to access. All you need is faith. I think Light "corruption" would be in the realm of blind faith and extremism more so than a physical change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, it's the easiest one to access. All you need is faith. I think Light "corruption" would be in the realm of blind faith and extremism more so than a physical change.
    Possessing strong faith and unbreakable conviction in one's beliefs is by far more difficult than simply studying and practicing. Merely "having faith" is obviously not enough. You must be rather adamant and unshakable on that and losing faith is definitely easier than gaining it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Call it a mutation then, whatever. It obviously changed beings from their natural form. Some call it blessing, some corruption. Even nature magic corrupts.

Thats not how Night Elf is supposed to look like. Compare to Demon Hunters.

Really would like if Blizz takes the not obvious route and makes Naaru just as much of a chess players as Void guys already are.

Not exclusively good same as like I believe Void creatures are not exclusively bad, they just follow their nature and do what they are supposed to do, battle the other side. (see what Aucald said)

I feel like Void is fed up with the Naaru's bullshit of pretending to be our "gods", benevolent entities that watch over us and care for us (even though maybe they really do) when all they want is to win, same as the Void.

Heavenesque vibe around the Light and Naaru makes it hard for people to observe it/them as anything else then "force of good", which doesn't have to be the case at all, although it probably is yaaawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Call it a mutation then, whatever. It obviously changed beings from their natural form. Some call it blessing, some corruption. Even nature magic corrupts.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....82b3a5636652c2

Thats not how Night Elf is supposed to look like. Compare to Demon Hunters.
    Can you tell me why Turalyon hasn't changed too then? He's on the same environment as the Lightforged Draenei. He's been there fighting in the same place, all he is, is a DILF. His sword also tells on how much imbued he is with the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    man, sargeras was so hot back in his titan form. always loved that picture of him, and i'm glad they were so faithful to it in the game model.

also, these lightforged draenei are starting to feel ominous as fuck. like, i feel like this is what light corruption looks like.
    "Hot"

Ironic. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Can you tell me why Turalyon hasn't changed too then? He's on the same environment as the Lightforged Draenei. He's been there fighting in the same place, all he is, is a DILF. His sword also tells on how much imbued he is with the Light.
    Turalyon is obviously fucked in his mind like the other draenei around him when he defends being as annoying as Xera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am not sure KJ said anything of the kind. Imagine for a second that you know what Sargeras knew at that point. THe Void Lords are out there. If they find a world soul before the Legion, it's game over for the entire universe. The Pantheon could have helped but Sargeras killed them. Rationally speaking after Sargeras killed the Pantheon, was there really any solid choice against the Void Lords other than the Crusade? Do we even know how many wars the Legion fought against the Void across the universe?
    The Eredar were an extremely advanced civilization with significant planar knowledge. It is not at all unlikely that their researchers had a good idea what the Void was. Perhaps KJ embraced Sargeras' crusade not out of thirst for power but simply out of rational nihilism.
    And then, 30 thousand years later, a raging Ashbringer from the shadows of space SLAPPED Kil'jaeden to oblivion. The man wielding it then told Kil'jaeden: "NO! MY SON! THIS IS THE NOT THE WAY!". However, Kil'jaeden didn't listen, and the Man judgemented the Demon lord with his wheel-chair DPS, ending the Deceiver in plain sight, only to get his 950 Boon Of The Prophet, and leave without sweat.

- - - Updated - - -

Turalyon is obviously fucked in his mind like the other draenei around him when he defends being as annoying as Xera.
    Sadly, he likely hated her as much as the next guy, cause she jailed his wife. Not to mention the fact that Xe'ra isn't worth shit anymore, since not only do we have Illidan, but we have much better heroes/leaders of the Light joining up with this "rebellion": The Players (AKA, us).

Everyone's done with Xe'ra's bullshit. But, back in the day, you too would have no choice but to follow her, even if she's an annoying ass fan-girl.

Xe'ra isn't the pinnacle to Light ya know. You're assuming that Xe'ra blessed the Lightforged... We don't know yet.