10+ Year Old Account
    Fantasiaholic in me says this is a sign.

One of the Summer event NPC's looks very close to same as my Au Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Why not a fate where a meteor falls for miners? or a 'craft the most HQ items with what we give you' contest style fate for crafters?
    I could totally see the Great Eorzean Bake Off being a thing. Why is it not a thing already? I realise the show might not have made its way over to Japan, but the idea of baking contests should cross cultural barriers well enough.

Moving on, it turns out that it's nigh impossible to get my character the look I want. There's tonnes of anime protagonist cuts and the most rediculous Elvis quiff I've ever seen, lots of different variations of genric looking faces, beards and scars. Ways to resemble a Gandalf-esque Wizard? None. Chance of looking like I belong in a Kiss cover band? Pretty much none. Japan is the land of the stupid over the top hair cuts and there's not one even vaguely punk rock type one in the bunch?

It's disapointing when a Game wants you to stick to making a semi-serious looking character. You don't want players to have too much fun with their appearance or anything !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Eh.. that's not new, really. I think it was the same last year.
    More like year before last I think

So, joining PvP... there appears to be a guy multiboxing a whole team. wth?

- - - Updated - - -

7 ppl just afking doing nothing... wth is this

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Welcome to Frontlines, where people join to AFK-level win or lose.

So, joining PvP... there appears to be a guy multiboxing a whole team. wth?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I've done a LOT of pvp for leveling and I've not seen either of those. I occasionally see people afk when it's a lost cause, but not 7, and not for the whole thing... Sorry for the bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wow, I've done a LOT of pvp for leveling and I've not seen either of those. I occasionally see people afk when it's a lost cause, but not 7, and not for the whole thing... Sorry for the bad luck.
    It was unbelievable. The guy would have every character mount at once, ignore the base cap, reach the middle, have everyone dismount and then /afk until the match was over. A completely free loss. I was in the snowy 1v1v1 bg.

- - - Updated - - -

And that happened a lot. 4 times in a row or more.

It was unbelievable. The guy would have every character mount at once, ignore the base cap, reach the middle, have everyone dismount and then /afk until the match was over. A completely free loss. I was in the snowy 1v1v1 bg.

- - - Updated - - -

And that happened a lot. 4 times in a row or more.
    I've never seen botters in pvp either. I don't think I"ve seen the 3 multi-box/bot since ARR (I saw a trio of black mages often with names like Abdabehgf) that exploited some sort of bug to teleport around the map. I think SE actually locked down that bug and I know they banned people using such exploits.

I'd probably have still reported those 7. That's really a form of griefing, imo.

Multiboxing for pvp is nothing new...used to see people do this with ele shaman in WoW's Alterac Valley fairly frequently. Sometimes other casters, but usually ele since back then they had decent spot heals. Those people, though, were in it to win, which makes all the difference imo. Pretty sad that someone would go through all that effort just to throw games.

Hit 70, did my class quest and been trying to do the last raid (Menagerie). It seems impossible. I know tacts, but most people simply join expecting it to be a story level easy instance. And while by no means it's really hard, it can easily wipe the group. Tried it like 5 times, and because I'm a dps, this has taken me over 4 hours. I still haven't done it

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to ask:

Now that I'm 70...

does the armory bonus immediately apply?

what do I need to do to be accepted in a raiding guild?

how do I farm the required gear fast and efficiently?

is there anything I can buy off the MB?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and lastly, is there any FC that raids in Louisinoix? I transferred here when I came back 10 days ago and lvled to 70, sadly without the road to 60 buff. If anyone knows anything like that, that would be great.
    Last edited by Well; 2017-08-09 at 03:35 PM.

Fantasiaholic in me says this is a sign.
    Can we call it Fantasmagoria as a misspelled nod to the good old Sierra Entertainment days?

Off topic, and I don't know why this was the first thing that popped into my head. Maybe because I watched a semi-documentary about Sierra a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The disapointing fact is that these type of incidents and parsers seem to be inextricably linked in the mind of the games lead Developer. If asking him to reexamine the issue objectively is completely out of the question, then it seems obvious that he's drawn a line in the sand that he's unwilling to cross.

Anyone more removed from the incident can see that the players involved are, for lack of a better term, arseholes. If they weren't using a DPS parser as a tool to harass other players with it would be something else, if ACT didn't exist then the FC would have probably still behaved the way they did. People do seem to love having the chance to harass celebrities via the internet, the fact it happened in game rather than over Twitter means Squenix were at least able to take some official action against the offending players. Vigilante justice more often than not ends up as petty revenge, especially over the internet.
    The problem with that line of thinking is that it's far to narrow a view. It's like the thought process is, "incidents like that only happen when parsers are involved" which is patently false.

I'm highly skeptical of adding parser to the game because it CAN lead to more incidents, but ultimately I'm OK with it...I can say more but that's a whole other discussion. That said, negative behavior and assholes exist with or without parsers and the incident being quoted would have happened anyway...but her DPS would have been left out or at least not specifically targetted but the rest would have been the same.

It's like..as a chef of your own restaurant next to the water. If you or someone you knew had a terrible experience with seafood, you'd be really stupid to just write seafood off your menu because there are PLENTY of other people who haven't had that experience.

Wanted to ask:

Now that I'm 70...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and lastly, is there any FC that raids in Louisinoix? I transferred here when I came back 10 days ago and lvled to 70, sadly without the road to 60 buff. If anyone knows anything like that, that would be great.
    - Armory bonus applies to any job below your highest level job; now that you have one job at 70, anything 1-60 will get 100% xp bonus, while 61-70 gets 50%.

- Can't really speak for any static groups or raid FCs (mine's casual as can be). You'll have to focus on catching up your gear as decently as possible, which brings us to the next question...

- Run roulettes on a 70 job for additional Verity tomestones to pick up ilvl 310 gear quickly, and you can use the dungeon drops you obtain along the way to hold you over. If you are absolutely loaded with gil, you can opt to pick up the crafted ilvl 320 gear; if not, go for the verity gear as I mentioned, then start working on Susano EX for a 320 weapon and Omega normal + Lakshmi EX for left and right side gear. As of this post, I would venture a guess that folks would want at least 315 ilvl for setting foot into savage, but that can vary.

- There is ilvl 320 gear that can bought, but it can be pricey, depending on your server. Worth looking at, for sure, but be prepared for sticker shock (hopefully of the good kind, as in "wow this shit is cheap on my server").

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I'm 70...

Bonus applies the moment your char passes 50. it only gets stronger at 60 and 70.
    You need to farm gear. You can do that by
    1) GRINDABLE running 70 dungeons for the base 310 blue vendor gear
    2) SLOW (weekly cap) farm dungeons' capped currency for 330 gear
    3) SLOW (weekly lockout) farm Omega normal (no guild raid needed at all) for 320 gear
    4) GRINDABLE buy 320 crafted gear and meld/overmeld it. Better have gil in the range of 10Million+ handy. Doubtful you do, merely listing for completions sake.

I won't explain "how to farm". If you want to raid savage, you have to have a mindset that enables you to find and process data on your own by playing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Bonus applies the moment your char passes 50. it only gets stronger at 60 and 70.
    Bonus applies the moment you swap to a lower level character. You get 100% bonus from anything <60 and 50% for 61-70.

Faroth edit: Fixed your typo indicating the 50% bonus applies up to level 670
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-08-09 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks so much, that's more than enough. Merely wanted a general guideline to understand how the devs have paced the gear after level cap.

Thanks again!

Is it me, or do the FATEs for the Moonfire Faire this year seem to be few and far between? I'm going with it being me, mainly because I've only been out/around Costa for all of 20 minutes tops, and in that time I saw 2 FATEs. Gonna hang out there a bit more this evening and try to get the event done + pick up the music roll and furnishings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Is it me, or do the FATEs for the Moonfire Faire this year seem to be few and far between? I'm going with it being me, mainly because I've only been out/around Costa for all of 20 minutes tops, and in that time I saw 2 FATEs. Gonna hang out there a bit more this evening and try to get the event done + pick up the music roll and furnishings.
    If no one is doing the other fates in the area, it likely delays how often you'll see the moonfire faire fates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If no one is doing the other fates in the area, it likely delays how often you'll see the moonfire faire fates.
    Makes sense. I was out there at 2 AM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Makes sense. I was out there at 2 AM EST.
    You also get the same problem all specific FATEs share, that being people AFK at spawns for the FATEs they want to do and ignoring all the others, creating the problem that engenders the vicious cycle, those who despawn the other FATEs missing out on the ones everyone wants to do cos they get blitzed in seconds by all the AFK people.