Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah because that's how it is since the very first expansion and instead of getting better it only got worse during later expansions. A content drought is quite normal for an MMORPG when they're transitioning from one expansion into the next.
    Well I don't care about that. I believe in people at Blizzard They set out to do 11 week cycle for content patches, and I think they will continue this trend for all major content releases and this date fits perfectly. It is also around my birthday, could be such a nice present.

Yeah because that's how it is since the very first expansion and instead of getting better it only got worse during later expansions. A content drought is quite normal for an MMORPG when they're transitioning from one expansion into the next.
    I like how you state everything that forms together in your mind as an actual fact. Makes it really pleasent to read every post from you.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Well I don't care about that. I believe in people at Blizzard They set out to do 11 week cycle for content patches, and I think they will continue this trend for all major content releases and this date fits perfectly. It is also around my birthday, could be such a nice present.
    The 11 weeks rule is working for Legion but to apply this to upcoming expansions is a bit far-fetched, don't you think?

29th August: release of 7.3
    14th November: release of 7.3.5

I agree on both of this dates because they make sense.

30th January: ???
    17th April: ???
    3rd July: ???
    18th September: this is the date where the expansion release makes sense

22 weeks from Antorus opening to expansion release date doesn't make any sense. That's ~ 5 months which would make Antorus not only the shortest final tier but also one of the shortest tiers overall. The beta for the upcoming expansion would need to start one or two months after Gamescom which doesn't make sense either because it would fall into the Antorus opening and to let beta start when you just released the final tier doesn't sound very smart because players have other things to do than beta test the expansion.

The 11 weeks rule is working for Legion but to apply this to upcoming expansions is a bit far-fetched, don't you think?

22 weeks from Antorus opening to expansion release date doesn't make any sense. That's ~ 5 months which would make Antorus not only the shortest final tier but also one of the shortest tiers overall. The beta for the upcoming expansion would need to start one or two months after Gamescom which doesn't make sense either because it would fall into the Antorus opening and to let beta start when you just released the final tier doesn't sound very smart because players have other things to do than beta test the expansion.
    I'd say 30th January sounds like the perfect start for an Alpha/Beta with an expansion launch on the 3rd of July. Would be relatively close to other testing periods.

30th January: 8.0 Pre-patch
    17th April: Expansion release

I guess in a way you can consider pre-patch to be a content drought, since there will be no raids or dungeons, just 11 weeks of some kind of event.
    We don't know at what stage of development their new expansion currently is. Claiming that 18th september more plausible because this is how Legion was or how it always was is just you being you. Have nothing to do with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I like how you state everything that forms together in your mind as an actual fact. Makes it really pleasent to read every post from you.
    Because this is a fact? Just look it up if you don't believe me:

Classic 1.11 (final tier) 20th June 2006 -> TBC release 15th January = ~ 7 months
    TBC 2.4 (final tier) 25th March 2008 -> WotLK release 13th November 2008 = ~ 8 months
    WotLK 3.3 (final tier) 8th December 2009 -> Cataclysm release 7th December = ~ 12 months
    Cataclysm 4.3 (final tier) 29th November 2011 -> Mists of Pandaria release 25th September = ~ 10 months
    Mists of Pandaria 5.4 (final tier) 10th September 2013 -> Warlords of Draenor release 13th November = ~ 14 months
    Warlords of Draenor 6.2 (final tier) 23th June 2015 -> Legion release 30th August = ~ 14 months

So it's 7 - 8 - 12 - 10 - 14 - 14 months, bringing it to an average of 11 months of waiting time between final tier and expansion release date. And after 6 expansions and 11 months of average break time they're going for <6 months now, maybe less? Yeah, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    30th January: 8.0 Pre-patch
    17th April: Expansion release

I guess in a way you can consider pre-patch to be a content drought, since there will be no raids or dungeons, just 11 weeks of some kind of event.
    We don't know at what stage of development their new expansion currently is. Claiming that 18th september more plausible because this is how Legion was or how it always was is just you being you. Have nothing to do with reality.
    You talking about reality but in the same comment you're saying the pre patch will get released on 30th January (two months after Antorus)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'd say 30th January sounds like the perfect start for an Alpha/Beta with an expansion launch on the 3rd of July. Would be relatively close to other testing periods.
    This actually could work. 3rd July (although that's mid summer which makes it a bit... unlikely) or 18th September for release date sound reasonable.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-09 at 01:40 PM.

1st, I don't think the 11 weeks is a hard guideline. May have happened so far, but they could very well change it as they see fit.

That said, I see the following things happening close to the dates:

30th January: 8.0 Alpha or Beta
    17th April: Minor Patch 7.4 closing the Legion storyline and bridging to 8.0. Maybe a ToV-like small raid.
    3rd July: Patch 8.0. Expansion content still locked.
    18th September: Expansion release date.

Notice that I don't expect these dates to be followed closely. They are just a guideline.

Also notice that this is still a content drought. it's just less time than previous ones and with some incentive for players to keep sub'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    1st, I don't think the 11 weeks is a hard guideline. May have happened so far, but they could very well change it as they see fit.

17th April: Minor Patch 7.4 closing the Legion storyline and bridging to 8.0. Maybe a ToV-like small raid.

Notice that I don't expect these dates to be followed closely. They are just a guideline.

Also notice that this is still a content drought. it's just less time than previous ones and with some incentive for players to keep sub'ed.
    This is exactly the way how I see it (not necessarily being fixated on the exact dates but the months at least), although release could be even sooner (maybe 28th August or 4th September).

Not sure about a 7.4, not locking ourselves to the interval, I think a more closer guess might be 7.3.5 at the end of this year with alpha/beta starting right after 7.3.5 goes live, 8.0 expansion content locked in May (~4-5 months of systems testing on beta is fine) and an expansion release July/August. I think I'm gonna stick with something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not sure about a 7.4, not locking ourselves to the interval, I think a more closer guess might be 7.3.5 at the end of this year with alpha/beta starting right after 7.3.5 goes live, 8.0 expansion content locked in May (~4-5 months of systems testing on beta is fine) and an expansion release July/August. I think I'm gonna stick with something like that.
    I agree that 7.4 is not a given. They never said anything about it, after all, but given how they changed their patch cycle and increased their team for Legion, I wouldn't be surprised if they released something to keep us busy for a while.

Deleted
    Kil'jaeden wasn't empowered by an Old Gold, he was just Sargeras' servant like back during the War of the Ancients. Azshara on the other hand...
    KJ and Archimonde where both empowered by Sargeras so thats bull

They started to work on 8.0 when they launched the Legion Beta or Live version (I don't remember).
    It's earlier than previously, so I won't be surprised if we had to wait 6 months after they release 7.3.5

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    They started to work on 8.0 when they launched the Legion Beta or Live version (I don't remember).
    It's earlier than previously, so I won't be surprised if we had to wait 6 months after they release 7.3.5
    They are working on 6-8 expansions already and now focusing 2 at a time. This means there is a current team full time on Legion and a a few working on the next expac. When I mean working is that they already have a story projection spanning on those ideal expansions. Atleast a major plot or content is segregated so when later revisions will be made it would be easier to alter the story.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-09 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They are working on 6-8 expansions already and now focusing 2 at a time. This means there is a current team full time on Legion and a a few working on the next expac.
    At this point in time, I bet it's the opposite: there's a team full time on 8.0 and a few working on the next patch(es).

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    KJ and Archimonde where both empowered by Sargeras so thats bull
    Yes but they were empowered by him long before they met Azshara. Read the context of my quote.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time, I bet it's the opposite: there's a team full time on 8.0 and a few working on the next patch(es).
    @DeicideUH Since Legion's story arc is almost done yes they reduce work force assigned in Legion and reassigned them to the next. Delegation of work load. But I believe their primary focus is still on this expac. Imagine low work force on a highly demanding deadline, it's an impractical approach since you have to work on doodads, textures, VOA, cinematics, in-game assets, and all the gameplay elements so they can't work on the next expac full force. They have to deliver asap so almost 80% of the WoW team works on Legion.

If Blizz WoW dev't team is about 1000 people, almost half should be on Legion about 15-20% on the next expac primarily the lead designers an seniors.The rest would be roving team which ever back up is needed and a small percent can start working on the 3rd expact after Legion.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-09 at 01:43 PM.

New fake appeared.

Crimea is Ukraine!

As I said in the other thread, the new "fake" doesn't look so fake. The picture of the website with Magni etc. looks exactly like the Legion website from Blizzard. Most of the content from the leak is quite likely to happen, there are just some obvious "problems" coming with it. Nevertheless imho the best leak we have yet.

Does no one pay attention to the fact that we got so much info on the 7.3 and if all of GamesCom is for that would be a damn disappointment to all the fans and even bigger disappointment to all European fans who went to GamesCom just for WoW. Just my 2 cents. I am pretty convinced we will be getting the new exp this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Does no one pay attention to the fact that we got so much info on the 7.3 and if all of GamesCom is for that would be a damn disappointment to all the fans and even bigger disappointment to all European fans who went to GamesCom just for WoW. Just my 2 cents. I am pretty convinced we will be getting the new exp this month.
    Doubt it. They’ll probably give the 7.3 trailer and release date at Gamescon.