Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you increased the pitch on the "fire and fury" video of Trump with his arms crossed, it is a perfect recreation of an 8 year old kid on the school bus who truly believed his Dad was better than your Dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    They actually very much do have a place for that. Especially when it involves nuclear arms. Your grandiose declarations otherwise don't inspire anything other than an "aww, that's cute". Barely event hat considering your, let's call it a thought process, involves advocating for the deaths of thousands of people, including our own troops.

Grow the fuck up. Reiterating statements that highlight your own ignorance and lack of ability to think things through is a pretty weird way to emphasize your argument.
    I'm the one being ignorant? I would say holding the hand of a murderous dictator, who kills thousands of his own people, and threatens the world as a whole is ignorant. Plenty of psychotic dictators and rulers have lead their countries to ruin, this is no different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Guam apparently is part of the US, the US is threatening NK, therefore it has.

- - - Updated - - -

Replace NK with USA, and it's still accurate. Oh the irony.
    Guam has a military installation on it, its been their since before WW2, which is why so much fighting happened in the Philippines.

Deleted
    Chief among those cowards are those advocating for the death of thousands of innocent South Koreans and perhaps Japanese so they can feel like they have "control". Keyboard warriors, such as yourself, who casually dismiss the death of millions in some abstract and fleeting idea of safety are pretty much the epitome of cowardice.

Damn shame.

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't anywhere near informed enough or capable of making that determination. North Korea have sought a nuclear weapon for years for one reason; the regime's survival.

Homicidal not suicidal. Learn the difference.
    I'm a real warrior, pal. When a war happens I'm on the front lines. I'm the one that is put in danger. I wear a uniform everyday, and this is my purpose. There is not much safety on the front lines, pal. But when war happens I'll be there tending to the wounded and killing each and every enemy that comes within my sight. As a soldier in the United States Army I will fight for you despite your accusations of cowardice. Why? Because it's necessary. My life will be put in imminent danger so that my innocent countrymen can survive.

It's great that you can read Kim Jung Un so well. Don't worry guys, he's not crazy, he's just a homicidal psychopath that can attack us with nukes. Kim Jung Un is crazy, crazy will surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Replace NK with USA, and it's still accurate.
    ...caught that, did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Our country comes before others. More than likely millions will die in this war, which is terrible, but necessary for the defense of our country. I keep hearing people say this about Kim JungUn. He's not that crazy guys he's just flexing! He won't do anything guys! Do you people realize what type of person we're talking about? This guy tortures the entire population of his country. This guy fed his live uncle to dogs. He had his half brother murdered and poisoned in a public and spectacular fashion. He is fucking batshit crazy. He's not sane, he doesn't think logically. He will kill millions of Americans if we do not take him out.
    Stop with the fear-mongering. It's pathetic, cowardly, and uninformed.

NK doesn't want to be wiped off the earth. Which is exactly what would happen if they initiated an attack on basically anyone. The generals, the elites, and even Kim Jong UN, have a great life in NK. They're not interested in dying for basically no reason whatsoever.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Are you more qualified than myself to make decisions regarding military action? Because you say i'm not qualified, so i'm just curious? As a previous enlisted soldier, who went green to gold to become an officer, i had to participate in rigorous training for scenarios just like this. We had weekly briefings on everything happening at a brigade level.

Also, if you believe this guy wont start a war, you're not a very good student of history. I'm not advocating first strikes, but I'm advocating cleaning house if it comes to it.
    If by listening to experts, military personnel who have dealt directly with North Korea, and common sense makes me more qualified, then yes. Your enlistment didn't teach you enough if you're advocating for war. Which, you're now hilariously amending to a "clean house thing, if, ya know, whatever" after advocating for a coalition to "end this shit now".

Yea, maybe you realized the absurdity of your statement, and if you have, kudos. The whole premise of this is a preemptive strike that idiots believe would disarm North Korea and solve the nuclear threat.

We're beyond that now. It's just that fucking simple.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If by listening to experts, military personnel who have dealt directly with North Korea, and common sense makes me more qualified, then yes. Your enlistment didn't teach you enough if you're advocating for war. Which, you're now hilariously amending to a "clean house thing, if, ya know, whatever" after advocating for a coalition to "end this shit now".

Yea, maybe you realized the absurdity of your statement, and if you have, kudos. The whole premise of this is a preemptive strike that idiots believe would disarm North Korea and solve the nuclear threat.

We're beyond that now. It's just that fucking simple.
    I literally said, i am not advocating a preemptive strike many times. However, if NK attacks us, or our allies, no retaliation would be extremely bad... Also, Ive been through actual real life briefings on this, watching a Youtube video is hardly the same.

Deleted
    I'm a real warrior, pal. When a war happens I'm on the front lines. I'm the one that is put in danger. I wear a uniform everyday, and this is my purpose. There is not much safety on the front lines, pal. But when war happens I'll be there tending to the wounded and killing each and every enemy that comes within my sight. As a soldier in the United States Army I will fight for you despite your accusations of cowardice. Why? Because it's necessary. My life will be put in imminent danger so that my innocent countrymen can survive.

It's great that you can read Kim Jung Un so well. Don't worry guys, he's not crazy, he's just a homicidal psychopath that can attack us with nukes. Kim Jung Un is crazy, crazy will surprise you.
    If you had bombed Pakistan into the dirt 25 years ago, it would never have come to this. Saudi Arabia apparently is another customer of theirs. You'll have to deal with that one too in a few decades.

No thanks. Feel free to stay back and fear monger your way into an episode.

Trump is crazy, yet your kind of crazy makes you feel all warm, fuzzy, and patriotic. Makes ya want to just go out and kill the "enemy" with no regard for the consequences.

Funny how that works.

Deleted
    Once again there's a difference between batshit crazy and suicidal. Learn it. Their goal is to survive and cling to power as long as possible. Trump qualifies for the former, by the way.

You're paranoia and drama belongs in the theater. Not here.
    Yep. I must be overdramatizing the fact that a crazy psychopathic murderer has nukes that can hit us. Oh, and I must be paranoid to. It's very paranoid and dramatic to think that he might use said Nukes against us! Crazy murderous psychopaths are so predictable, and he'd never do that!
    You're in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    This OP ED piece goes further into the angle I've been playing, "NK trolled Trump both hard and successfully". Here's a quick snippet:

President Trump's "fiery" rhetoric only escalates the tension further. And it plays right into Kim Jong Un's hands. Kim's argument -- ridiculous as it sounds -- is that North Korea needs nukes to ensure the regime's survival and defend it against the United States, a nation he remains convinced is out to unseat him.

Consider how North Korea's foreign minister reacted to the UN Security Council resolutions yesterday: "We will, under no circumstances, put the nukes and ballistic rockets on the negotiating table," Mr. Ri said in a statement. "Neither shall we flinch even an inch from the road to bolstering up the nuclear forces chosen by ourselves unless the hostile policy and nuclear threat of the US against the DPRK are fundamentally eliminated."

For Kim, it's all about the United States -- and only the United States. Threats of overwhelming force by our President, while perhaps satisfying in the moment, only bolsters that propaganda and lends it credibility.

And all of this from an assessment which CNN sources say is not supported by the entire intelligence community -- it came from a leak. That doesn't diminish the gravity of it, but it sure makes one wonder who in the hell thought it was a good idea.
    Threw in that last paragraph for fun. Incidentally, the author is Rear Admiral John Kirby.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. I must be overdramatizing the fact that a crazy psychopathic murderer has nukes that can hit us. Oh, and I must be paranoid to. It's very paranoid and dramatic to think that he might use said Nukes against us! Crazy murderous psychopaths are so predictable, and he'd never do that!
    You're in denial.
    He snot worth arguing with, hes set in his ways and wont ever change, indifference is just as bad fear mongering.

As i think both of us have stated, no ones advocating preemptive strikes, yet this guy insists on being passive even after they attack an ally.

I literally said, i am not advocating a preemptive strike many times. However, if NK attacks us, or our allies, no retaliation would be extremely bad... Also, Ive been through actual real life briefings on this, watching a Youtube video is hardly the same.
    So you were proposing to build a coalition "to end this shit once and for all" on an if...after the president threatened a first strike? Lol?

So your argument is even less compelling, informed and even more nonsensical than originally thought. The premise of the discussion, of this entire situation, is Trump threatening NK with "fire and fury" for making threats. We're talking first strike, because that's exactly what Trump's stupid ass has proposed.

Thats. The. Premise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tillerson, who has been working the problem diplomatically and locally, insists no "imminent threat" from North Korea. But while so doing...

"What the president is doing is sending a strong message to North Korea in language that Kim Jong Un can understand, because he doesn't seem to understand diplomatic language," Tillerson said. "I think the president just wanted to be clear to the North Korean regime on the U.S. unquestionable ability to defend itself, will defend itself and its allies."

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, Tillerson is defending Trump's bombast and "fire and fury" rhetoric as a well-thought-out intentional strategy. Which I suppose is fair enough...until you ask, if this is so smart, why isn't everyone doing this? More specifically, why isn't Tillerson doing this?

Deleted
    No thanks. Feel free to stay back and fear monger your way into an episode.

Trump is crazy, yet your kind of crazy makes you feel all warm, fuzzy, and patriotic. Makes ya want to just go out and kill the "enemy" with no regard for the consequences.

Funny how that works.
    Consequences of not going to war: Our mainland getting nuked by the insane psycho Kim Jung Un. Millions of Americans dying. War happens anyway, just millions of American civilians die.

Consequences of war: Thousands of Americans die, mostly military personnel. Millions of Koreans die. I am put in imminent danger of losing my life on the front lines.

The only difference between not going to war sooner rather than later is that less Americans die. I do want to go and kill the enemies of my country. That's my duty. That's how the military protects you. That's why you can cower in a corner and shit yourself while real men and women get the job done.

You're in denial.
    Yes, it is. Considering as Rear Admiral James Kirby says below your post, their goal is survival.

Perhaps you should work on being less of a drama queen and more of a warrior monk, like Mattis.

- - - Updated - - -

Consequences of not going to war: Our mainland getting nuked by the insane psycho Kim Jung Un. Millions of Americans dying. War happens anyway, just millions of American civilians die.

Consequences of war: Thousands of Americans die, mostly military personnel. Millions of Koreans die. I am put in imminent danger of losing my life on the front lines.

The only difference between not going to war sooner rather than later is that less Americans die. I do want to go and kill the enemies of my country. That's my duty. That's how the military protects you. That's why you can cower in a corner and shit yourself while real men and women get the job done.
    Your consequences of not going to war are rooted in your own paranoia and penchant for drama. These are not the only scenarios.

I don't need you protecting me or my family or even the country. There are places better suited for your ignorance and delusion. I'll take a Mattis, or you know, someone sane, over you any day. Thanks for the offer though.

Deleted
    He snot worth arguing with, hes set in his ways and wont ever change, indifference is just as bad fear mongering.

As i think both of us have stated, no ones advocating preemptive strikes, yet this guy insists on being passive even after they attack an ally.
    I think it's best to keep that option on the table. We might have to strike first in order to protect ourselves.

Deleted
    I think it's best to keep that option on the table. We might have to strike first in order to protect ourselves.
    China will see you as the aggressor then.

You may want to educate yourself on whose star you decide to hitch your wagon to. He's advocated for it at least twice.

So. Good.

Edit:
    Oops, his new post makes that three times.

And if you can enumerate where I advocated passivity after a first strike by NK, please do. (Your inaccurate conclusions based on my opposition to your "end this shit now" comment don't qualify)
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-08-09 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone eager to go to war has a screw loose IMO. War has consequences on potentially millions of people are should be viewed as an absolute last resort.

I'm pretty sure the government has intelligence on how much a threat NK actually presents -- which is obviously not much given our lack of action thus far.

Trump may get a hate boner over saber rattling but I'm sure cooler heads are looking at the intelligence making the right calls. And, fortunately, it seems the one group of people Trump is willing to defer to are military leaders.