Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Possessing strong faith and unbreakable conviction in one's beliefs is by far more difficult than simply studying and practicing. Merely "having faith" is obviously not enough. You must be rather adamant and unshakable on that and losing faith is definitely easier than gaining it back.
    Having unshakable belief is far easier than actual understanding. Look at the average fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Xe'ra isn't the pinnacle to Light ya know. You're assuming that Xe'ra blessed the Lightforged... We don't know yet.
    She is the pinnacle of the naaru though, the most light aligned beings we know of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well painful isn't the same as corrupting though, getting smashed in the face with a mace is also quite painful, yet not overly corrupting. If anything, the Light seems to be able to cleanse corruption.
    Don't think of it as corruption. Look at Malfurion and what his affinity and constant exposure to nature magic did to him. It changed him, gave him stag horns, birds wings, etc.. but I certainly wouldn't call him corrupted.

Light magic could have a similar effect after millennia of exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Having unshakable belief is far easier than actual understanding. Look at the average fanatic.
    "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    but I certainly wouldn't call him corrupted.
    Why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Corruption" is the term we use to define alteration or mutation that is antithetical to either our values or our sense of aesthetics - but stripped or moral or aesthetic contrast it is really just a matter of alteration or mutation. Fel alters beings that take it in to various degrees (e.g. Fel Orcs, Man'ari Eredar, etc. etc.), and we've seen similar behaviors with the Void, Druidic magic, Elemental energies, and the Arcane. The Light shouldn't and wouldn't be automatically exempt from this pattern, in my view - and given what it's done to the "Lightforged" Draenei in the Army of the Light I don't really view it as much different from Fel or Void mutation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She is the pinnacle of the naaru though, the most light aligned beings we know of right now.
    She is a Prime, but thing is you can have more than one Prime though that depends on the context - damn English and their twenty meanings for one word subject to placement!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    man, sargeras was so hot back in his titan form. always loved that picture of him, and i'm glad they were so faithful to it in the game model.

also, these lightforged draenei are starting to feel ominous as fuck. like, i feel like this is what light corruption looks like.
    light doesnt corrupt.
    its not a corruptive force, you either embrace it or not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

Why not.
    Corruption suggests a negative, bad, invasive, dark, debased, malignant, etc... change from the original. It's even in the definition of corrupt and corruption. Corruption = bad...like an infection.

Xavius was corrupted, The Vale of Eternal Blossoms was corrupted, Malfurion is not like those things, his change was a positive thing.

Malfurion was.... blessed? Enhanced? Only word I can think of, but even that isn't really correct as there's no real opposite word to corruption that signifies a positive transformation/ change in the same way that corruption signifies a negative one.

I would actually really love for the light to also become an enemy. It could also bring the pandaren/monks back to relevance somewhat, since it would confirm once again their tushui/huoshin mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    "Corruption" is the term we use to define alteration or mutation that is antithetical to either our values or our sense of aesthetics - but stripped or moral or aesthetic contrast it is really just a matter of alteration or mutation. Fel alters beings that take it in to various degrees (e.g. Fel Orcs, Man'ari Eredar, etc. etc.), and we've seen similar behaviors with the Void, Druidic magic, Elemental energies, and the Arcane. The Light shouldn't and wouldn't be automatically exempt from this pattern, in my view - and given what it's done to the "Lightforged" Draenei in the Army of the Light I don't really view it as much different from Fel or Void mutation.
    It's kind of funny really because you can get evil Paladins or Priests (for arguments sake, it's easy to deface this to classes), but they don't seem to turn to corruptible measures like Scarlet Crusade literally wanted to purge the undead. It seems a bad thing because we know of Forsaken and Death Knights as potentially great allies but basically, if you think about it, they are viewing the Undead as how we'd view Zombies in films. Doesn't seem so dishonest use of the Light really.

It's kind of funny really because you can get evil Paladins or Priests (for arguments sake, it's easy to deface this to classes), but they don't seem to turn to corruptible measures like Scarlet Crusade literally wanted to purge the undead. It seems a bad thing because we know of Forsaken and Death Knights as potentially great allies but basically, if you think about it, they are viewing the Undead as how we'd view Zombies in films. Doesn't seem so dishonest use of the Light really.
    Except they would kill any mortal that was not part of their group and got in their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think that really hits the key point of the Light as it exists in the Warcraft universe - the Light responds to conviction and willpower, but the moral quality behind or informing that exercising of the will is of a distant concern. Evil Paladins or Priests (the ones who don't use Shadow magic, at least) can make use of the Light because it is responding to the "purity" of their convictions - even if those convictions are misplaced, wrong, or morally dubious from our standpoint. So when a Scarlet Discipline Priests calls down holy fire to destroy a group of innocent Forsaken merchants it's not any different from a Priestly medic using the Light to heal their comrades on a battleground against the Legion.

Similar to Xe'ra forbidding (and imprisoning) Alleria for dabbling with the Void to aid the cause of the Army of the Light - Alleria's morality in this concern didn't matter to Xe'ra, only that she was trafficking in magic that anathema to the Light. Xe'ra wasn't responding to the altruism or essential sacrifice on Alleria's part, its concern was only for the furtherance of its own dogma.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Except they would kill any mortal that was not part of their group and got in their way.
    That would be more because of fanaticism than actually being the Light they are using as a means to persuade them down that route. It's not Light corrupting them, it's their own religious beliefs that do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and fel can cleanse void corruption, as seen with iskar and the other arakkoa.
    that wasnt at all what happened, iskar simply exhanged one curse for another.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think that really hits the key point of the Light as it exists in the Warcraft universe - the Light responds to conviction and willpower, but the moral quality behind or informing that exercising of the will is of a distant concern. Evil Paladins or Priests (the ones who don't use Shadow magic, at least) can make use of the Light because it is responding to the "purity" of their convictions - even if those convictions are misplaced, wrong, or morally dubious from our standpoint. So when a Scarlet Discipline Priests calls down holy fire to destroy a group of innocent Forsaken merchants it's not any different from a Priestly medic using the Light to heal their comrades on a battleground against the Legion.

Similar to Xe'ra forbidding (and imprisoning) Alleria for dabbling with the Void to aid the cause of the Army of the Light - Alleria's morality in this concern didn't matter to Xe'ra, only that she was trafficking in magic that anathema to the Light. Xe'ra wasn't responding to the altruism or essential sacrifice on Alleria's part, its concern was only for the furtherance of its own dogma.
    It's such a fickle thing when moral comes into it, and why Light being (for now) as a corruptible measure is really off to me.
    To put it into perspective, we're being told that Void Lords are willingly 'corrupting' World Souls. Azeroth being one is under their radar.
    We dislike the Void because of numerous run-in's with beings that have sided with Void. Along the way, we've learned to dislike larger parts of Fel due to has run-ins with whom want to do something similar. Both sides have wanted Azeroth for themselves (as in the higher authorities) and us with the Titans seem to be trying to do the "good thing" for Azeroth and just ultimately living without interference or "corruption" from any third-outside-party. Even then part of those helping to fend for Azeroth is Draenei who are pretty much closest to the Naaru. Naaru would probably offer help of their once adorned followers.
    Meanwhile, though I don't recall an actual Naaru doing anything with individuals to date, being anywhere on Azeroth (mind a little fuzzy here), we have seen them elsewhere not trying to pervert the Azerothian denizens, with Draenei in tow as well thus we assume they are on our side to help.

I mean we have faced a Void Naaru, M'uru though it's kind of iffy since the Blood Knights were jerking on it's power - we abused it rather the Naaru abused us. By the end, it was just beyond saving which kind of seems to be logical that it wouldn't pervert it's captors, or did it?! But judging from Lady Liadrin possibly not.

It's rather annoying because technically someone like A'dal could have helped us out because we were on broken-arse Draenor. They could be offering us help on Argus because it is Argus. There's Ki'ru that arrives on Quel'Danas once you're finished there but that hasn't been touched or worked with for 10 years. Not sure that is even relative nor adds to the fact, there's no unadulterated Naaru on Azeroth to really pinpoint if it abuses the Light to control us and corrupt us in a manner too.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-09 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The ways of the fanatic are less enlightened for sure but definitely not easier, especially for those that aren't literal nutjobs but mere believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The ways of the fanatic are less enlightened for sure but definitely not easier, especially for those that aren't literal nutjobs but mere believers.
    Real world proves you wrong. It's easy to lull people into believing all kinds of total nonsense, even when reality flies in their face. Doubt requires you to actually think about things.

more than classical zombie films, they are more like "i am legend" with medieval humans

Has anyone seen Anduin on the PTR? thought he was going to be in 7.3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Was just imagining a scenario. You'd be pissed too, if you traded all of your endless grinding from your Artfacts, for a purple bird. I mean, we killed a Titan. A Title/Bird Mount seems a bit.....underwhelming, don't ya think?
    Then what would you like? The violet bird looks freaking amazing imo and I am glad they are giving us one. The only other way to get a bird model like that is through Rukhmarr... good luck getting that though.