Question My problem with M+

So I have been playing on and off since the beginning of the xpac, I went really hard in Emerald Nightmare clearing Mythic and then took a break during Mythic ToV progression, stopped entirely during Nighthold, and now I've come back in 7.2.5.

During this expansion, I never really liked the idea of mythic plus, I thought it was kinda lame tbh and I would seldom do them and I've never done past a +14, I've had the chance to get +15 and KSM before they changed the difficulty level and now I am capable of doing the new +15 easy, the damage and affixes really make or break whether it is easy or not and more times than others it really isn't that difficult it's just about being self aware..

I'm caught up as far as gear goes from my break, but even as a 925 enhance/resto shaman I cannot for the life of me get into a Mythic+ 15? Literally no one will take you unless you have KSM.

And it's like... Yeah I don't have it but how else can I tell someone I'm not bad unless I have an achievement? They look at wow progress? I transferred like a month ago and all my M+ scores got wiped out so I guess the only way to really prove myself now is to run a +14 of every dungeon and beat the server times to improve my M+ score on wowprogress?

It doesnt seem right and it makes me sad lol. I'm sorry for ranting, I just wanna play the game and it sucks because I've been in groups that are full KSM and they act all bad ass and then die to simple mechanics in CoS for example, the first boss none of the dps jump and all die fucking comedy gold, or later on when you pull the enforcers and no one LoS' the fel bomb explosion that will basically 1 shot you at higher key levels.

It's a trip.

So I guess the point to this all, is the best way for me to represent my worth to try and boost my M+ score or should I improve my Ilvl more?? Anyone want to add me to btag and run a +15 with me lol?
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2017-08-09 at 04:32 PM. Reason: TLDR: I never got KSM and now I cant get KSM

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    So I guess the point to this all, is the best way for me to represent my worth to try and boost my M+ score or should I improve my Ilvl more?? Anyone want to add me to btag and run a +15 with me lol?
    Your worth in a high keystone is less about item level than understanding the affixes and the mechanics of trash and bosses that create challenge in practice, and how to effectively coordinate within a group to handle them.

It may be a trite thing to say, but you should form your own groups using your own keystone. Take your time making the group, get used to Mythic+ and understand that there is a lot of variance in the quality of people that you will get and the experiences you will have. As you have seen, you can pack the group with 930 KSM players, and they still might make blunders due to not knowing a particular mechanic, or there's some interaction between affixes, group comp, etc. Some groups will power through with grim determination. Others will fall apart when one person dies to something dumb.

As a shaman, you have a built-in advantage, offering bloodlust.

Over the course of ToS I've been a 910-930 BM hunter, and I've gotten a +14 or +15 completion every week. I only recently got KSM. Most of my +15 runs missed the timer. Some of them were guild groups, but a lot of them were pugs.

Keys don't deplete anymore they just delevel, so you don't get permanently boned by a bad group.

Hang in there, you'll get it.

Stop looking for a carry? If you finished a +14 then you have a +13 key. If not you will next week, make your own groups, get as picky as you want and push the key.

If you don't have KSM, or high m+ score, don't expect other people who DO to take you. Form a group of 4 other people that are in the same situation as you, and change that situation. You don't just get a free "pass" because you were late to the party in these sort of situations, you do what everyone else did to get to where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Stop looking for a carry? If you finished a +14 then you have a +13 key. If not you will next week, make your own groups, get as picky as you want and push the key.
    I'm not looking for a carry friend, I'm just looking for complete it, everyone else is looking for a carry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If you don't have KSM, or high m+ score, don't expect other people who DO to take you. Form a group of 4 other people that are in the same situation as you, and change that situation. You don't just get a free "pass" because you were late to the party in these sort of situations, you do what everyone else did to get to where they are.
    That's understandable.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people want to complete their keys in time

I'm not looking for a carry friend, I'm just looking for complete it, everyone else is looking for a carry.

Then what is the issue? You have a +14 key, make a group. You either do it in time or fail. If you get it, decided who you are keeping in the group and keep pushing. If you fail, decide why, remake the group, keep who you want and then push the 13.

The issue is, you like the majority of people want to press a button and go with 0 effort in making the group. That is the true issue. The issue with the majority of players.

If you're pugging, shit like KSM and M+ score is the easiest way to vet people.

I know everyone thinks they're super skilled and should get into whatever group they apply to, but that's not how things work in reality.

Just get your ilvl high, a lot of ppl just invite when youre like 930+ or just pay for a carry once and get your ksm, otherwise you just gotta get your M+ score up. Even with KSM you wont get invited all the time. You just go make a grp now and see how many sign up, you gotta make yourself stand out amongst the sea of people

My big issue is that i can't target what dungeons i want to do, timers and depleting keystones. I want them to be more like the challenge modes if they are going to have a timer. Let me work on that dungeon until i get it right. Then choose what dungeon i want to do next. M+ score is another huge problem as well IMO.

I was in a similar situation in 7.1.5 because I started playing Legion a couple of months after it was released and had to catch up.
    It is indeed quite annoying feeling that you are capable of doing +15 runs but having no easy/quick way to prove it.
    - What I did is I kept joining +13 or +14 pugs as a healer (it was much easier than joining straight into +15), and then hoping that we push the key and I get invited into the next dungeon. This does not occur very often, but it eventually does.
    - Also, if you have enough free time to play right after reset (Tue morning in US, Wed morning in EU) - try joining M+ pugs at that time. I found that these M+ pugs were much more likely to push the key and go for the next dungeon right away.

there does seem to be a weird thing where people are willing to bring whatever pugs to a +14, but as soon as soon as you have a 15 key they wanna get linked achievements, check wowprogress score, etc.

that said you have your own key and since they don't deplete anymore it's pretty simple to grind your own up to a 15 if you want to