Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The evidence that they won't is obvious from the nonsense lore they've been using for a while. They'll just make up silly shit like "oh alternate universes but only kinda" as they did for WoD.
    Wod used known locations landmarks places clans and tons of characters established in wc2.

Yeah no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Of course the next step is obvious. We're going to fight the Void. Since you're so apt to accuse people of not being able to read, I'm gonna accuse you of the same. You can toot your little horn all day long about pretending to know that 8.0 will be the last expansion. End of the day, you have zero evidence to support your claim other than "no more villains, duh" which isn't very strong. Dozens of people who actually know how this works have commented and you just accuse them of having some sort of reading or comprehension deficiency because they disagree.

World of Warcraft is not going to go away after the Void. Plain and simple. Blizzard devs have commented on this topic in the past, saying they have material for over half a dozen new expansions. And at the end of the day, Blizzard Dev > forum troll.

I compel you to evaluate your own reading and writing skills. They are... questionable.
    Of course it goes away after the void not only is the void the ultimate evil force alongside the now dismantled legion

Every single villan and every single location on azeroth wil be exhausted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by berrherr View Post
    People been saying wow was going to die for some reason or another since Vanilla. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Antone suggesting that at a minimume before LEGIOzn since the legion would still exist. Is a baboon

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Becuse opinions like they never will because money isnt an answer.

I dont need a crystal ball

If you know the games villans nd lore. If you actually know the events of legion and hav eyes and can read. The next step is obviousp
    Since you accuse us of illiteracy, I'll accuse you of never having had a job in your life. Money is the main motivation, even when you are working at something that is truly your passion.

Also, we have gone to Draenor 35 years in the past (but not quite). Saying we will run out of locations is kinda extremely moot after that.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Since you accuse us of illiteracy, I'll accuse you of never having had a job in your life. Money is the main motivation, even when you are working at something that is truly your passion.

Also, we have gone to Draenor 35 years in the past (but not quite). Saying we will run out of locations is kinda extremely moot after that.
    Blizzards own books and their own anduin comic suggests along with everything in game. That the final conflict in warcraft is the ultmate confrontation of light and shadow

- - - Updated - - -

Yes draenor. Using same locations. Same landmarks and cities mostly and the same large cast of 10+year ago characters

Blizzards own books and their own anduin comic suggests along with everything in game. That the final conflict in warcraft is the ultmate confrontation of light and shadow

- - - Updated - - -

Yes draenor. Using same locations. Same landmarks and cities mostly and the same large cast of 10+year ago characters
    At most it suggests it being Anduin's final conflict. And unless they go the Khadgar route, Anduin certainly doesn't seem like he is at 8.0

Even by your logic, they can reuse the WotA, the black empire, the Troll empire, ancient pandaria, alternate lordaeron with evil humans, alternate azeroth where orcs never came, alternate azeroth where trolls never evolved into night elves, alternate azeroth where night elves never dabbled in magic, alternate azeroth where druidism never came to be, alternate azeroth where the horde was never freed by Thrall, alternate azeroth where the forsaken never broke free from the scourge, alternate azeroth where the scourge never came to be, alternate azeroth where the dragonflight never intervened with mortal life, alternate azeroth where deathwing never went mad. Does chronicles oppose this?

I doubt we'll launch from fighting Azshara and N'Zoth to directly fighting the Void Lords in one fell swoop over the course of one expansion. Yes, N'Zoth has been, perhaps, the most clever of the Azerothian Old Gods, but he's also stated to be the weakest in Chronicle. They could easily make Azshara and her forces (Naga, Sea Giants, Makrura, Gilgoblins, Faceless Casters, etc) one expansion set under the Maelstrom if they wanted - granted, they probably won't because N'Zoth has been teased for years now. They could have another expansion dealing with some remains of the Black Empire under Azeroth, like more of Azjol-Nerub, or other races and cities that we just don't know about. Anything could be made up.

As far as fighting the Void Lords themselves, it seems likely that we'll launch that assault from K'aresh, rather than from N'Zoth. K'aresh isn't fully destroyed, as confirmed in Ask CDev Round 1:
    Members of this race, now called ethereals, took to binding themselves with enchanted strips of cloth to provide their souls with enough structure to survive. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether,
    Clearly, if they were able to fight Dimensius to a standstill after they became Ethereals, but before they fled into the Twisting Nether, then K'aresh could certainly be in an Outland-like state. We also have more information about K'aresh now than we did about Pandaria before MoP - they could easily make an entire expansion about the Ethereals' homeworld, it's history, and the factions/races that exist/existed there. It could also easily lead to fighting Dimensius again in a more final fight, or simply going from K'aresh to the Void Lords themselves, making that expansion a "Light vs Void" expansion.

Besides all of that, we know that Blizzard can expand on things we already know about. We learned more about the Titans and Vrykul in Legion than we did in WotLK. We even learned that a former Val'kyr had the ability to create an entire watery realm that we never knew about before. If Helheim and Helya existed, who can say that there aren't other things like that that can be accessed from Azeroth, or any other planet? There could also be a lot more planets and a lot more demons that we didn't finish. We never defeated most of the Nathrezim entirely, and we don't even know about the state of Nathreza other than the Demon Hunters blew it up. Clearly, with K'aresh, Outland, Niskara, Dreadscar, and other planets we know that "blowing it up" doesn't mean "uninhabitable" in WoW terms.

They have plenty of places to go, and they can make up anything they want along the way. It would be boring (and silly) to simply end it all within one more expansion simply because they formally introduced the Void Lords in Chronicle. It would also be boring and silly to fight only the Void for several more expansions in a row. They would have to stagger it with different versions of different enemies, like they have done in the past.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Nice dodge. Pretty weak argument on your part.

/thread
    Its not weak. Its a matter of facts and chronicled material

So, what about all of the alternate azeroth proposals that I managed to come up with in two minutes?

So, what about all of the alternate azeroth proposals that I managed to come up with in two minutes?
    Why would we even go there? At all

They found a way to have us go to alt draenor. This would not be hard.

Because its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They found a way to have us go to alt draenor. This would not be hard.
    Oksy again

Ehat purpose eould we go to alternate azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Because its there.
    And its relevant how?

Oksy again

Ehat purpose eould we go to alternate azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

And its relevant how?

They attack us so we go to stop them. Same as WoD. There done. Easy.

Same as pretty much every expansion besides MoP. Bad guy wants us dead we go fight them.

Do I WANT alt azeroth expansion? No. Hell no. I think it's a bad idea and also didn't like WoD's premise. But saying blizz can't find a way to make us go there is silly.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-08-09 at 06:10 PM.

They attack us so we go to stop them. Same as WoD. There done. Easy.
    Who would go back and instigate it? And why. I dont think you understand why its not relevant.

Furthermore who would villans be? Teenage khadgar huehue

Who would go back and instigate it? And why. I dont think you understand why its not relevant.

Furthermore who would villans be? Teenage khadgar huehue

Murozond helps olf gods corrupt a timeline. There you go. No less dumb or out of nowhere than the iron horde.

Murozond helps olf gods corrupt a timeline. There you go. No less dumb or out of nowhere than the iron horde.
    Infinites were trying to avert the hour of twilight

Also m
    Nozdormu expended his power to bind all the events that lead to deathwings demise.

Murozonds death will always occur at the end times
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-08-09 at 06:20 PM.

Infinites were trying to avert the hour of twilight

Also m
    Nozdormu expended his power to bind all the events that lead to deathwings demise.

Murozonds death will always occur at the end times
    Yes but he can do things before then. That was way in the future and in the present Nozdormu hasn't been corrupted yet, let alone been killed. Still room for him to do stuff

And WE were trying to prevent the end time. Murozind was trying to stop us because he saw an even worse future if we did.

Yes but he can do things before then. That was way in the future and in the present Nozdormu hasn't been corrupted yet, let alone been killed. Still room for him to do stuff

And WE were trying to prevent the end time. Murozind was trying to stop us because he saw an even worse future if we did.
    The end time was the hour of twilight coming to pass. It failed

The end time was the hour of twilight coming to pass. It failed
    Exactly? Morozond was NOT trying to stop the end time like you said he was. He was trying to prevent us from stopping it.

Exactly? Morozond was NOT trying to stop the end time like you said he was. He was trying to prevent us from stopping it.
    No? Read the lore

The "End Time," I once called this place. I had not seen, by then; I did not know. You hope to... what? Stop me, here? Change the fate I worked so tirelessly to weave?

You crawl unwitting, like a blind, writhing worm, towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.

Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...

He saw the end time, the aftermath of the hour of twilight, as a blessing compared to an even worse future. He was NOT trying to avert it.

The whole reason we went to the end time was because Murozond was blocking Nozdormu from going back to get the dragon soul to prevent the hour of twilight.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-08-09 at 06:40 PM.