Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What kind of ignorant sack of shit doesn't understand the laws of a country they're about to visit, and make sure they aren't about to break them?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What kind of ignorant sack of shit doesn't understand the laws of a country they're about to visit, and make sure they aren't about to break them?
    not sure if serious... you know how many laws a country has? even lawyers and judges dont know all of the "law". you are unreasonable and judging by the way you type probably a threat to people in your vicinity. i sure would hate to be your dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's handguns you ninny.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-...m-into-canada/

People bring rifles into Canada all the time for hunting - both subsistence and sport.

Also getting a handgun there isn't too hard:

http://www.howtogetagun.ca/

It's basically the equivalent of getting your concealed carry here in the states.
    like i said, bear arms to protect yourself... is handguns arms? also ninny is a foolish person, something i have not demonstrated in quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The kind who feels a need to bring a handgun everywhere because of an old piece of paper that has become almost revered as a holy book told them it's what Ye Olde Founders would have wanted. The fact they are going into a country that does not follow said piece of paper seems irrelevant.

"But I'm am American!" and this is Canada. Your beer sucks, I'm taking your handgun and you're being fined.

What honestly worries me, is one of those Bundy assholes or some such tries to cross the border and refuses to give up their woobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already guns in Canada. And people who are registered to have them do. There is a register no citizen has the right to fire arm per say but they already exist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    How many western countries can you willy nilly bring a gun in? Shouldn't this be obvious...I mean you can't even bring a gun into the US without declaring it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    The kind who feels a need to bring a handgun everywhere because of an old piece of paper that has become almost revered as a holy book told them it's what Ye Olde Founders would have wanted. The fact they are going into a country that does not follow said piece of paper seems irrelevant.

"But I'm am American!" and this is Canada. Your beer sucks, I'm taking your handgun and you're being fined.

What honestly worries me, is one of those Bundy assholes or some such tries to cross the border and refuses to give up their woobie.
    nice rant. but i dont think people bring a handgun cause of a piece of paper. looks its cool canada has its laws and stops what it deems to be a threat to their country. the real question is why is it a post on mmoc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    How many western countries can you willy nilly bring a gun in? Shouldn't this be obvious...I mean you can't even bring a gun into the US without declaring it first.
    and in this thread you can find nobody saying you shouldnt have too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    and in this thread you can find nobody saying you shouldnt have too.
    I never said anyone did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is unacceptable!
    Do not bring guns into our country. It may be time to step up security screening to get a better handle on this. Really sad state of affairs. Fines should be higher right?
    The audacity of some people refusing to follow the laws regarding entry into another country. Are you now suggesting we should respect the laws regarding entry into a foreign country?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    The article is right. People should respect other nations' laws. The idea of universal freedom is a facade. Countries are sovereign and capable of establishing their own standards. Canada apparently doesn't allow hand guns to cross their border. Perfectly reasonable. Just as the US doesn't want destitute, unskilled migrants to illegally enter their border and take up residence. Most of Europe lacks free speech laws, and people hardly call their people oppressed. Different strokes for different folks.
    I agree with this. The issue is not only with the Americans who do, but with Canada's enforcement. If it is really that big of a concern for them, then they need stronger border control.

Deleted
    http://www.macleans.ca/news/american...ing-frequency/

This is unacceptable!
    Do not bring guns into our country. It may be time to step up security screening to get a better handle on this. Really sad state of affairs. Fines should be higher right?
    @GennGreymane
    You have border controls targeting poor american refugees fleeing the fascist orange hairpiece?
    Shame!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The audacity of some people refusing to follow the laws regarding entry into another country. Are you now suggesting we should respect the laws regarding entry into a foreign country?

That's fascism clearly, Borders are just arbitrary social constructs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    How do u have grams of suspected Marijuana? was it or wasn't it did they even check?
    The legality lies with the chemicals.
    The THC/CBD content of the plant decides whether it is recreational marijuana or not.
    There's also harmless hemp which looks exactly the same (because it basically is) yet, it is nothing more than a plant used for plenty of stuff, like dye, food, clothing...
    Until it's checked in a lab, and the owner claims the stuff isn't recreational weed, they have to call it suspected.
    No way to distinct by looks and smell of it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

zomg a whole 6 people!! Travesty, time for Canada to build a wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Alarming frequency too.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    There are already guns in Canada. And people who are registered to have them do. There is a register no citizen has the right to fire arm per say but they already exist.
    Not sure, but I think this is irrelevant to the topic.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    6 too many. Look at the damage shootings like Sandy Hook and Brevik have done.

6 too many. Look at the damage shootings like Sandy Hook and Brevik have done.
    Aren't six Americans irrelevant considering Canada has a reasonably high level of gun ownership anyways (about 30 guns for every 100 residents)?

At least it was Canada and not Mexico. Unintentional or not, you do not want to be caught with firearms crossing into Mexico. The son of one of my former employee (retired now) learned that the hard way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Alarming frequency too.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure, but I think this is irrelevant to the topic.
    Jesus dude the fucking topic is about guns coming into Canada at an alarming rate as if their aren't already a shit load of guns if people wanted them NOW. Just because every jackass in Canada isn't walking around strapped doesn't suggest guns are coming into the country at such an alarming rate.

I suspect the OP more illegal guns are being brought into Canada at an alarming rate, I would say OK, guess that would depend on ones perspective and opinion as to what that frequency would be.

There is a larger volume coming into Canada, however personally having a citizenship in both country, I wouldn't say it is alarming at all, I would say there is an alarming number over all of people coming into Canada from the States and a whole shit load have guns, but near as I can tell the same frequency is getting in as before, however the sheer volume of those coming might suggest there are some maybe slipping through.

But that's conjecture
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not bring guns into our country.
    This has nothing to do with bringing firearms into the country. It has to do with doing so illegally. If/when I move up there, I have every intention of bringing my weapons, and simply going through the legal process of registering them.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    The stupid part is that they are asked and say no, so obviously they do know it's a bad idea. If they said "yes" they'd be turned around (or the article mentions you can leave a gun there), but they lie. There are states in the USA you wouldn't want to transport your gun into as well.

A further question of course being "why did they get searched to find the gun", I can only imagine "sir, are there any firearms in your RV?" "uh, guns, uh, no, never!" ::leans over to cover the NRA sticker::

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    At least it was Canada and not Mexico. Unintentional or not, you do not want to be caught with firearms crossing into Mexico. The son of one of my former employee (retired now) learned that the hard way.
    Yeah, Mexico will give you trouble over ammo even.

I'm sure Canada has a problem with full capacity magazines too.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This has nothing to do with bringing firearms into the country. It has to do with doing so illegally. If/when I move up there, I have every intention of bringing my weapons, and simply going through the legal process of registering them.
    If you do it legally and go through the necessary checks, that's one thing.