10+ Year Old Account

disenchanting wild cards

with the release of knights of the frozen throne and standard format being more popular is it a good idea to disenchant wild cards ?
    i dont really want to save them up just to play them in wild and instead could use them for dust to craft something i need for standard
    is there any flaw to this logic ?

also with the frozen throne is standard roster going to change ? i mean the available sets. ungoro, gadgetzan, old gods. nothing from these going to wild yet ?

im still missing 2 wings from karazhan adventure. how long till this goes wild ? i wonder if its still worth buying.
    and once adventure like this goes wild, is it possible to disenchant its cards into dust to get some value of it ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Tavern brawls

there's a lot of tavern brawls where you "build a deck" using your own cards. including the wild ones.
    I've no idea what to write here.

15+ Year Old Account
    As to your second question - there's no rotating of cards yet. We just started a new yearly Season a couple months ago.

When the next Season hits in 2018 (probably... March/April maybe? Can't remember) then all sets from 2016 will rotate out - that's Old Gods, Karazhan and Gadgetzan. The new 2018 Standard year will continue with all 2017 sets (Ungoro, Frozen Throne, and anything else possibly released this year) as well as new content released in 2018. And so on and so on.

As to your third question - cards from Adventures can never be disenchanted.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2017-08-09 at 02:18 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure they can.

I always disenchant all my wild cards, have no intention of playing the format.
    You're right, they can

Used to be they couldn't
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Tavern brawls

there's a lot of tavern brawls where you "build a deck" using your own cards. including the wild ones.
    As an extension of this some tavern brawls are only easily gold cap farmed using decks that require wild cards (e.g. some decks that require Y'Sharjj for many brawls, or the whole mechwarper hunter/warlock decks). Without wild cards some of those brawls will take significantly longer to get capped on your 100g per day limit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I usually DE most of them, apart from commons (too much clicking for a bit of dust) and some very powerful ones for brawls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    As an extension of this some tavern brawls are only easily gold cap farmed using decks that require wild cards (e.g. some decks that require Y'Sharjj for many brawls, or the whole mechwarper hunter/warlock decks). Without wild cards some of those brawls will take significantly longer to get capped on your 100g per day limit.
    The fast Brawls are very few and far between between these days and even they get nerfed when single cards get blacklisted like Old Murk-Eye did in Clockwork Dealer. I'm enjoying Brawls less and less simply because they take too long and you can't fast grind them for gold.

Tavern brawls is the only disadvantage.
    But you can do Tavern brawls with a friend now.

I don't know if you like Heroic Adventure.
    If you don't care, dust it.

The wide mode takes longer and lots of annoying cards, such as Reno.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the 100g cap ppl talk about ? tavern brawls only grants a single classic pack once. what about the gold ?

Dusting Wild cards seems like a great idea now, mostly because wild sucks, but in 3-4 years wild will superior to standard with all of the variety it will have.

I play on both modes so I only dust off the truly worthless ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Dusting Wild cards seems like a great idea now, mostly because wild sucks, but in 3-4 years wild will superior to standard with all of the variety it will have.
    undeniably it already has a lot more variety than standard, but because of this is so hard to get into it for new players that its just repulsive.

can someone explain how the standard roster exactly looks like ? when and in what circumstances do the card sets change ? can older wild sets (like grand tournament) eventually rotate and become available in standard again or is it just gonna be all the new stuff ?

I DE all wild cards and most of goldens. Why restrict yourself playing a deck in your favorite format just because u want every card? but then again.. were all have different preference. and maybe one day wild will be popular... but i think the chances are slim

Also not DE cards thats rotated out makes it hard to play all the new cards if u like me only buy 10 cards each xpac and rest for gold or for many others are F2P
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-08-09 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what is the 100g cap ppl talk about ? tavern brawls only grants a single classic pack once. what about the gold ?
    Aside from quests you also get gold from winning every three games in constructed, arena, & tavern brawl. Some brawls can be dominated by incredibly fast aggro, ramp, and/or miracle style decks in some niche brawls that make for extremely fast games. In those brawls it can take 1-3 hours to hit that daily 100 gold cap from winning normal games (30 games won = 100g earned from non-quest sources), compared to the many hours typically required to reach the daily 100 gold cap during non-tavern brawl days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I can't imagine actually hitting the 100g daily cap in the first place. People actually do that? That's 30 wins so 30 games minimum, probably more like 40 or so in the best case scenario.

Just for 100g? One single pack? A buck fifty at most? For at least an hour worth of work, probably more if we're being honest?

Where do people find the time for all of this "farming" that I read about people doing in video games now? Doesn't anyone just sit down and play the damn things anymore? It's like people are always talking about "work" elements instead.
    There are people that do. Personally, I don't because work and school would never allow it nowadays, but if I had the time there would be days I would probably grind out the cap.

Eh, "farming" or "grinding" does make it sound like work, but I guess I'm used to playing WoW, where as a hardcore mount collector I'm used to playing the game doing very long and/or tedious stuff for the non-necessary flashy cosmetics (grinding out Alani skyshards for roughly 8-12 hours per shard multiplied ten times over, farming Zandalari trolls for many months straight to sell mats and stockpile tcg mounts, or slogging for weeks/months in pvp and old dungeons and raids for various other mounts). Some people are just used to 'working' in a game to get the more flashy stuff (which unfortunately HS lacks when compared to bigger games like WoW), and some players are just more patient than others when 'working' longer to get a little extra out of the game. However, in the end every Hearthstone player should just stick to what they want out of the modes they play. It is neither right nor wrong to play something like Tavern Brawl once then avoid it like the plague until next time, or binge on it til your eyes bleed. Personally, my in-game farming mostly sticks to WoW, not HS, but if there are times when there is a easily farmable brawl I'll go for a little extra gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    undeniably it already has a lot more variety than standard, but because of this is so hard to get into it for new players that its just repulsive.

can someone explain how the standard roster exactly looks like ? when and in what circumstances do the card sets change ? can older wild sets (like grand tournament) eventually rotate and become available in standard again or is it just gonna be all the new stuff ?
    Card sets only rotate at the start of a new "Season" (Also known as year). Last season lasted a good bit. So WotOG will stick around for another 2 card expansions at the very least, turning this into a pretty large collection this year.

As it stands, older card sets are NOT going to be rotated back in. Now, who knows - 4 years down the line, when blizzard has made a card for EVERY single possible warcraft character and modified duplicates, they may add in the older sets. Or swap to an entirely new system. Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.