Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Lies you were taught in school

So my friend made this video about ten lies she was taught in school and having no one else within 93 miles of me to talk to I was wondering whats the worst lie you were told in school?
    If you wana watch her video its here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4oM...ature=youtu.be

Personally my favorite one was when every year some teacher would give that BS line ''YOURE GONNA NEED TO KNOW THIS FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!'' And then the next year we would never use or speak of that ''important'' thing we learned the year before.

As a college grad, I've come to learn the unfortunate truth that much of what our teachers teach us (in my case, the accounting field) isn't actually, in any way, needed or relevant knowledge for a job. But they will always claim that it IS important, of which I can only assume why being a strong resistance to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're all special in our own way"
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    So my friend made this video about ten lies she was taught in school and having no one else within 93 miles of me to talk to I was wondering whats the worst lie you were told in school?

Personally my favorite one was when every year some teacher would give that BS line ''YOURE GONNA NEED TO KNOW THIS FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!'' And then the next year we would never use or speak of that ''important'' thing we learned the year before.
    tht everyone is equal and everyone deserves equal chances

this lie spread in most of schools resoult in people's dissapointment and depression when they realise that the world is constructed in a way that rich are born rich and will die rich while most of poor as they were born poor they will die poor never tasting what having a lot of money means and gives.

if school didnt lie about it much more people would work much harder and achieve much more in life instead beliveing in fairy tails till their mid 20ties .

10+ Year Old Account
    "Everything is going to be OK."

10+ Year Old Account
    I too am actually thinking of switching over to accounting in college. Unfortunately the two professors who teach at my college are absolute garbage and I am thinking of waiting until I go into university.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post

When I was a teacher, I used to tell my student's the world was round.

Oh man! Little do they know... it's not!!! I'm a little evil that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everything about early american history.

Deleted
    That I'll actually use what they teach in my daily life.

Honestly the amount of times I've analyzed various texts and paintings in my Danish- and English language classes is beyond me.

The only aspects of math I ended up using is multiplying, dividing, subtracting and adding.

Cursive would be a useful thing.

Humans need oxygen to breath. They are just playing make believe when they "suffocate to death".

Isn't that right, Bob. You can stop playing Bob!!!!! Bob? UUUUmmmmmm, eehhh ooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As a college grad, I've come to learn the unfortunate truth that much of what our teachers teach us (in my case, the accounting field) isn't actually, in any way, needed or relevant knowledge for a job. But they will always claim that it IS important, of which I can only assume why being a strong resistance to change.
    Was it accounting information that you were taught in college that you found out later was completely useless on the job? No wonder they wont hire you unless you have experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Humans need oxygen to breath. They are just playing make believe when they "suffocate to death".

Isn't that right, Bob. You can stop playing Bob!!!!! Bob? UUUUmmmmmm, eehhh ooooooo
    This made my cry from laughter thank you :P

They do a poor job of teaching you how to teach yourself. Take the programming industry, things change so quickly that you are always having to teach yourself new programming languages and techniques.

I think this is becoming more and more true for everyone in every line of work.

If I were going to tear down college and rebuild it, I would teach people how to teach themselves.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    My first day of Computer Science classes one of our professors told us in his opening speech do not expect to graduate and be able to do anything useful at your future job. He followed with in college you will learn the fndamentals behind the field and your employer will teach you how to do your job the way they want you to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You won't be carrying a calculator with you everywhere you go."
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They do a poor job of teaching you how to teach yourself. Take the programming industry, things change so quickly that you are always having to teach yourself new programming languages and techniques.
    Yeah, but the fundamental things don't change much. Sure a new language might have a different syntax or use different methods to do something but for the most part once you figure out the little differences it's not hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    "You won't be carrying a calculator with you everywhere you go."
    Came here to post this.

Deleted
    6 gorillion, fake chimneys
    100% german engineering, the capacity of thoose crematorium is from the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Islamic history. So much fantastical myth interwoven with actual history. When I was a kid all the stories sounded so magical and amazing but the biggest factor for me to start questioning it early on was being gay. They would be telling us about all the carnal delights of heaven and my reaction each time was (ಠ_ಠ) .

Of course I read up on non-biased accounts of Islamic history when I grew up from both Islamic and Christian historians and came to appreciate actual historical context without all the fantasy thrown in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)