Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Obliteration feels really nice with the fact that consuming a rime proc is no longer a waste. Is it better than breath? On PTR I feel that they are close enough that you can go either one without screwing over the raid (unlike live). I am still trying to get use to HRW as the 100 talent, it works but it feels even more frantic than going obliteration.

Still waiting for Icy talons to go to 8 seconds and or a revert of the thronebreaker nerf. To be clear I don't want frost to be top 7.3 because we all know how quickly frost will get smacked back down. But if we could hit somewhere in the mid or upper mid, that would be nice.
    Anything other than NOT being bottom 3 for ONCE would be a fucking blessing and a huge victory if ya ask me. It's like Blizzard wants us to be a forever meme spec, like Elemental or Survival is.

That's good news, it's critical that non-BoS builds sim a couple percent lower in sustained DPS. If that wasn't the case then BoS would be complete garbage and everybody would be forced to switch, and that's the type of whiplash they try to avoid in mid-expansion patches.

Remember that's sustained DPS-- if you can't hold still for 30s or whatever BoS performance drops precipitously. If it doesn't definitively win on patchwerk it's a dead talent.

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity how is obtaining AP on PTR because of how the Netherligh Crucible is linked to Traits. And how are you guys levelling your weapons in terms of traits ?

Atm I have only gotten 52 on Frost and Blood and I have been finneling everything into Unholy which is my main specc. Just wondering if it's worth levelling up the Frost weapon assuming Frost comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Like right now, I much prefer a Frostscythe, Machine Gun, Obliteration or even Glacial Advance build because I feel like I'm using my whole kit...even though I know the damage is worse than a BoS build.
    It's not necessarily worse. For open world content, it's hard to use a BoS build. Unless for some reason you can find some adds with a load of HP or a boss. So yeah, it doesn't matter which build you use, you'll get the "same" amount of damage because they'll mostly come from your basic rotation.
    If you can use Glacial advance against 2 adds, then feel free to do so.

It's good to see numerous builds do competitive damage. Us and feral should shoot up significantly for tos post 7.3. Not to the top, but to a respectable level. Having options for fights is going to be good. Looks like with how nether crucible works I can stop investing into unholy and just stick to frost. Only about five or six weeks til 7.3 should be live too.

Edit:Actually 7.3 could be live at the end of this month. 7.03-7.1 was 8 weeks, 7.1-7.1.5 was 11 weeks, 7.1.5-7.2 was 11 weeks, and 7.2-7.2.5 was 11 weeks....so eleven weeks from June 13th would put us at August 29th.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-08-05 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's good to see numerous builds do competitive damage. Us and feral should shoot up significantly for tos post 7.3. Not to the top, but to a respectable level. Having options for fights is going to be good. Looks like with how nether crucible works I can stop investing into unholy and just stick to frost. Only about five or six weeks til 7.3 should be live too.

Edit:Actually 7.3 could be live at the end of this month. 7.03-7.1 was 8 weeks, 7.1-7.1.5 was 11 weeks, 7.1.5-7.2 was 11 weeks, and 7.2-7.2.5 was 11 weeks....so eleven weeks from June 13th would put us at August 29th.
    Hope so! it's fun 8)

Deleted
    End of August is mostly expected. It depends if there are problems with Argus.

Still cant post links yet. Check my youtube page for a new Retest of Obli/RA CH/Tor. Pushing some pretty good numbers.

Do we still need the Convergence of Fate and Seal of Necrofantasia ?
    I know HRW is gone but Empower Rune Weapon x2 is still available and it has 3min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Frioniel View Post
    Do we still need the Convergence of Fate and Seal of Necrofantasia ?
    I know HRW is gone but Empower Rune Weapon x2 is still available and it has 3min cd.
    CoF will be nerfed for 7.3. I think this was stated in a tweet but I can't find it now. In any case I highly doubt SoN will be very useful anymore, as ERW just isn't even remotely comparable to HRW and there are already plenty of top parses using bracers/chest or bracers/belt so it isn't as if SoN is even required on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    CoF will be nerfed for 7.3. I think this was stated in a tweet but I can't find it now. In any case I highly doubt SoN will be very useful anymore, as ERW just isn't even remotely comparable to HRW and there are already plenty of top parses using bracers/chest or bracers/belt so it isn't as if SoN is even required on live.
    Agreed, even a back to back ERW is nothing compared to running both HRW and Breath of Sindy (which you can't do in 7.3 obviously). I would say that come 7.3 SON is certainly not one of the "required" legendary equips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    CoF will be nerfed for 7.3.5, the new Argus raid. They won't nerf it mid TOS.

But we don't know. They didn't always keep their words. Arcano Crystal is still op as fuck.

I can say that in PTR currently SoN is a hunk of... you get the image. CH/Tor just blows it away because ERW just isn't worth a second charge/faster charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    CoF will be nerfed for 7.3.5, the new Argus raid. They won't nerf it mid TOS.

But we don't know. They didn't always keep their words. Arcano Crystal is still op as fuck.
    How would they nerf arcanocrystal though....it's just stats(I do agree that it's still op for lots of classes and that's stupid though).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    How would they nerf arcanocrystal though....it's just stats(I do agree that it's still op for lots of classes and that's stupid though).
    That's beause the item is flat out overbudgeted. Blizzard forsaw that having only 1 stat alone on an item would be op, so these dip into the overall item budget more instead of having 2 stats, hence why the system is usually balanced around 2 secondary stats. What they didn't account for is outlier items like the crystal that have 4 stats instead. They should have just taxed the item budget accordingly, or just make use/proc items not as pathetically weak for most classes .

It was fun while it lasted, next build they revert the overall buffs from the last ptr-patch. And i doubt even these changes will get live or will last longer than a week on live.

Quote Originally Posted by usernr333 View Post
    It was fun while it lasted, next build they revert the overall buffs from the last ptr-patch. And i doubt even these changes will get live or will last longer than a week on live.
    As much as I'd like to say this is just whining, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the overall damage buff ends up being in the 2-4% range.

The aura buff is still a substantial 23%. The sky is not falling.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Strange build to say the least. Why a lot of mid to low tier specs are getting nerfed while top performers are not?
    Last edited by Khain; 2017-08-19 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    The aura buff is still a substantial 23%. The sky is not falling.
    If memories serves wasn't it 27% originally? That being said 23% isn't bad and you open yourself to further aura modification in the future.