Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    You also get the same problem all specific FATEs share, that being people AFK at spawns for the FATEs they want to do and ignoring all the others, creating the problem that engenders the vicious cycle, those who despawn the other FATEs missing out on the ones everyone wants to do cos they get blitzed in seconds by all the AFK people.
    More of a problem, I would think, on Balmung and other higher pop servers; issue I ran into last night and this morning when I checked was simply a lack of people in the area at all, but that's due to me checking it out at dead ass o'clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Is it me, or do the FATEs for the Moonfire Faire this year seem to be few and far between? I'm going with it being me, mainly because I've only been out/around Costa for all of 20 minutes tops, and in that time I saw 2 FATEs. Gonna hang out there a bit more this evening and try to get the event done + pick up the music roll and furnishings.
    Erm... just craft 20 of them fish. Super easy, repeatable turn in, done in minutes.
    It's a lv 5 GRM pattern, no HQ needed, even a lv 1 GRM should be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Erm... just craft 20 of them fish. Super easy, repeatable turn in, done in minutes.
    It's a lv 5 GRM pattern, no HQ needed, even a lv 1 GRM should be able to do it.
    I completely overlooked that. Guessing that's one of the side quests; I do recall seeing one for fishing, but it was late and I was about to go snooze, so I didn't pick it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I completely overlooked that. Guessing that's one of the side quests; I do recall seeing one for fishing, but it was late and I was about to go snooze, so I didn't pick it up.
    Yup there are 3 repeatable quests. Fireworks, Fishing and cooking.
    Cooking is by far the quickest.

I don't care about swimsuits, or housing stuff, so the faire isn't doing much for me (BNS had this issue too, I didn't care for the summer costumes all bathing suits etc so I usually skipped the events).

Ugh the ARR relic books are killlllllllllling me. I just want to be done with it and get my Excalibur. I have no idea how some of you did it when it was relevant. This is painful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. Esp the fate waiting part sucks.

We did it spread out over months, little by little. (The books cost a fair bit of tomes, so that alone spread them out ^^ )

I'm not a fan of the swimsuit's design on male characters so it went straight into the armoire. The orchestrion roll is a neat addition to my collection, though - and I like the shaved ice housing item so I'm going to snag a couple of those for future use. It'll be interesting to see what the rewards for the anniversary event end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    GRM?

Gourmandeur?
    No idea, gourmande is an old English word/ term for someone who likes to eat and literally translates to "hollow stomach." Gourmandeur would be French, based on the ending but the word Chef is already French.

Regardless, the rewards for the event are pretty lame, though I did it anyway. If I care enough about looking like this though there are much better swimsuits and the sets from Shishui of the Violet Tides look better IMO so I won't be wearing this at all.

I'm one of those completionist types, and knowing that the rewards from the event will end up sold in the cash shop later on...I'd rather get them now while they are available for free in-game. I had all of those swimsuits from 2 years ago and at least enough of the faire tokens to buy them all a second time, lol...but that was also pre-PotD so I used the event to push a pile of jobs from 30-35.

- - - Updated - - -

GRM?

Gourmandeur?
    That, or something German, since I believe Granyala plays the DE client.

You guessed better than me; my initial thought was "uh...goldsmiths cook fish now?".

Well, aside from the weekly cap for tomes the only other major obligation for me in-game at the moment is to do O4 for the weapon token. I decided to make use of a treasure map I had lying around and joined a party for Lost Canals. Ended up making about 300k for an hour's worth of time. Pure profit, too - so I can't complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, aside from the weekly cap for tomes the only other major obligation for me in-game at the moment is to do O4 for the weapon token. I decided to make use of a treasure map I had lying around and joined a party for Lost Canals. Ended up making about 300k for an hour's worth of time. Pure profit, too - so I can't complain.
    Lost canals are pretty good for capping too if you do lots of maps. Did like 10 with FC group, and was like 'oh hey, i capped'. Had barely done anything before. xD

GRM?

Gourmandeur?
    Going by the German patch notes, it's just Gourmet. I was hoping it was something like Grubbenmeister. XD
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    GRM?
    Gourmandeur?
    "Gourmet" it is called in German, GRM for short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my guess was cooler!
    You mean s/o who reprimands others?
    B/c that's what "gourmander" means in french. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Lost canals are pretty good for capping too if you do lots of maps. Did like 10 with FC group, and was like 'oh hey, i capped'. Had barely done anything before. xD
    Mm! I think I got roughly 140 tomes from it. I might do it again tomorrow since the maps are pretty cheap to buy off of the markets now to the point where you always make a profit. They were like 200k each a couple of weeks ago and now they're 6-8k.

What's the drop chance for the mount on Zenos? I just got it on my first expert run.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What's the drop chance for the mount on Zenos? I just got it on my first expert run.
    It seems higher than what droprates were on the pets from the Hw dungeons. Seen the Wind-up Yugiri alot myself aswell

So, I was told that upon reaching 70, you get a huge exp bonus every time you finish a roulette for all other lower level jobs. Sometimes I get almost 800k experience and others 21k upon finishing. What's going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    So, I was told that upon reaching 70, you get a huge exp bonus every time you finish a roulette for all other lower level jobs. Sometimes I get almost 800k experience and others 21k upon finishing. What's going on?
    "Duty Roulette: Leveling - #Bonus EXP and gil will be awarded to compensate for the discrepancy between character and duty levels. A further percentage will be then added based on character level."

So, basically, the lower dungeon is from your job level, more EXP is given at the end of dungeon to compensate for lack of monster kill experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "Duty Roulette: Leveling - #Bonus EXP and gil will be awarded to compensate for the discrepancy between character and duty levels. A further percentage will be then added based on character level."

So, basically, the lower dungeon is from your job level, more EXP is given at the end of dungeon to compensate for lack of monster kill experience.
    No, that's not what I am referring to. People told me that because they had a level 70 job, they got a bajillion of exp at the end of the dungeon runs of other low level jobs.