Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Well downed A10 Kitava on SSFHC with like 6 TP scrolls at lvl 67.

- - - Updated - - -

And now I died to merc Izaro like a true retard.

lol, i was just reading how you should have done izaro first before killing kitava...so you can go in with more resistances

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... With the changes to Static Stike having a 10% chance to shock, do you think it's worth running Herald of Thunder with it, instead of Herald of Ash, for the Immortal Gladiator build?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well my necro hit a wall around act 6?7? Whenever you go back to the beach. I'm like level 47 and suddenly my 100 minions die instantly and then I die in one hit. Not sure where I went wrong, bc they are buffed to all heavens. Oh well, this was the furthest I've gone without hitting the solid brick wall. Usually I'm like 40 and struggle to beat the base game. I should probably do more research ont his game, but it's more fun to just pick random shit and hope it works.

One day I'll reach end game and get to farm things.
    BAD WOLF

Bah, can't bloody stay connected. Constantly DCing when loading zones and shit. There goes my hopes of finishing up act 3 tonight : (

Went at this hard. Hit 70 Today, Sunder marauder. End game is kind of a bummer. Huge emphasis on gear and ele resist. You trade on a terrible site and maybe get lucky and get to buy an item (In an inflated economy that I just joined). Or you grind low maps until your eyes bleed.
    I want to check out all the maps but this resist nerf destroyed my defenses.
    How did they justify the stacking debuffs after mid and final acts? Killing my fun, now I spend most of my time looking at affixes hoping I get lucky. I wanna go back to exploring and fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Went at this hard. Hit 70 Today, Sunder marauder. End game is kind of a bummer. Huge emphasis on gear and ele resist. You trade on a terrible site and maybe get lucky and get to buy an item (In an inflated economy that I just joined). Or you grind low maps until your eyes bleed.
    How did they justify the stacking debuffs after mid and final acts? Killing my fun, now I spend most of my time looking at affixes hoping I get lucky. I wanna go back to exploring and fighting.
    Well, stack more resistances. It's not hard, with rings crafting. It's just how the game is. Also, check your build to see if you have enough defenses there - glass cannon is not an option in PoE.

If you're following a guide, keep in mind that many of the meta builds are actually worth only after lots of investment (via farming or trading). PoE endgme is not "i've done all, now i'll farm highest level stuff", but it's literally "let's see if i can tackle on everything". Strongest builds are the ones that can do the same stuff as less effective ones, just faster (very much faster in some cases).

EDIT: list of new uniques (apparently there are more) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1943903

I want that chest piece so bad.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-08-09 at 10:06 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well my necro hit a wall around act 6?7? Whenever you go back to the beach. I'm like level 47 and suddenly my 100 minions die instantly and then I die in one hit. Not sure where I went wrong, bc they are buffed to all heavens. Oh well, this was the furthest I've gone without hitting the solid brick wall. Usually I'm like 40 and struggle to beat the base game. I should probably do more research ont his game, but it's more fun to just pick random shit and hope it works.

One day I'll reach end game and get to farm things.
    I have all the intention of doing exactly what you did, and you know what? this way the game is absolutely fine for me, but yep i do intend to do the research by trying a lot of things until something works.
    Of the seven chars i have created in Harbinguer league, i have already finished Act 1 with all of them, and the scion is gonna be benched until i have a far better understanding of the game, because the fight with merveil took like forever.
    But playing the game blindly like this is really entertaining for me.

That's pretty much what I did, Dryla. Play and learn, and then if you have a specific mechanic inquiry, you can usually find what you need on the wiki. Once I had a good understanding of the basics, and got a few chars into the 50s and 60s, then I'd start to look at other similar builds to see if there were some gem combinations that I hadn't thought of. Perhaps Support Y is better than Support X when paired with Support Z. Maybe there is a cluster of nodes on the skill tree that I overlooked, or a more efficient path.

The only advice that I would give is to rely on the more abundant crafting orbs in the early-to-mid part of the game rather than burning through the rarer stuff which is more useful in the higher levels; and to learn what items are good for vendoring, such as a 3-link RGB.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I have all the intention of doing exactly what you did, and you know what? this way the game is absolutely fine for me
    Yeah, I enjoy it too. It just doesn't have the staying power of other games because it's harder to 'be good' at this one. I try to come back every other season though. The last league was craaaaazy fun, but this one is kinda boring to be honest. If they hadn't added new content via expansion, I would have been gone already b/c the league mechanics are just sorta lame.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it poe.trade's fault that you suck at trading?

poe.trade is just fine. What sucks is that everyone has moved over to Harbinger for the time being and nobody is on Standard to sell the shit they have posted for sale. When I have to spend 30 minutes spamming everyone I can find selling the item I want, and get no responses at ALL, something is seriously wrong. And why are prices sky high on Harbinger? Herp Derp, because it's a new fucking league. This happens on EVERY SINGLE NEW LEAGUE. Every single one of them. The market isn't saturated at all, so people can charge what they want. You want it, you pay for it. Otherwise wait a month or so, and prices will start to come down as more and more people start posting the items for sale.

Someone had mentioned that The Barron had shot up to over 180c in price, I got online and immediately posted the 5 I'm sitting on for 150c. Come to find out they were talking about Harbinger and that the prices on Standard haven't changed at all -_-;

As for the rest of what you complained about, welcome to Path of Exile? I mean, c'mon, did you just start playing this game? Everything you bitched about is exactly what this game has been about. It's a grind game, why did you expect different? And if your build sucks, your build sucks. You can't fault the game for that, learn to pick better defensives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Some builds also makes this much easier, last one I played (Freezing Pulse witch) was going near many resist nodes, so at any time I could simply switch a bit of DPS for some +all resists, made things so much easier since I also really dislike trading in PoE (and, well, was SSF anyway).

Crafting is also really good once you get the hang of it, it's often easy to craft some equipment with only 3 affixes that ends up much better than most dropped items. Also sometimes switched some jewels to add some resist, also relatively easy to craft some non-shitty ones (at least way enough to start mapping)
    Agree completely - also the Orb of Binding introduced with Harbinger League makes the starting point way easier giving a nice way to get 4link items for starters. I also play SSF only so i can understand the pain Just upgraded yesterday my weapon and progress accelerated by a whole lot.

I'm trying to hunt for life/ES nodes now on my char since i don't want to find myself gutted when i reach later acts. I really hope to get my hands on the new belt that makes ES literally more HP on top of your HP. (ES decaying but leech working on ES when you're at full hp).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    a tip for those that might have missed it; make sure you do "Merciless Lab" the level 68 one before beating the last boss in Act 10, because when you beat that boss your resistances goes down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, stack more resistances. It's not hard, with rings crafting. It's just how the game is. Also, check your build to see if you have enough defenses there - glass cannon is not an option in PoE.

If you're following a guide, keep in mind that many of the meta builds are actually worth only after lots of investment (via farming or trading). PoE endgme is not "i've done all, now i'll farm highest level stuff", but it's literally "let's see if i can tackle on everything". Strongest builds are the ones that can do the same stuff as less effective ones, just faster (very much faster in some cases).

EDIT: list of new uniques (apparently there are more) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1943903

I want that chest piece so bad.
    Wrong affixes rain from the sky for me the whole way up ( i just started in poe). I gave up and took a wheel of dps and re spec'd to res after I got hit with that old school stacking res debuff from D2. 73 now, mapping, moving along well now. My build is sunder/2h mostly. I don't know whether to go bleed or fire because of herald now though. Need more regret orbs to try stuff out >.>

Breaches are so much fun, I wish they were in ever map or in more maps

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay! Finally in Oriath, got my first lab clear and absolutely walked everything after that... Except fucking Kaom... Fuck that place.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I agree that Harbinger is mostly a boring vanilla experience. I like the idea of shards though. "Here's a tiny little something to smooth out the currency RNG".

They should just make every blue pack drop a guaranteed shard (if they decide to keep it around). The randomness of what shard you get plus needing 20 of each shouldn't screw up the economy very much. I'd hate to see the Harbingers stay around with increased rarity though.

That said; I just needed a boring vanilla experience. It's perfect for me. I never played beta (nor looked up much info), so the league mechanics pale in comparison to the other 3.0 content for me. Vanilla is fine right now.

That said... my dumb ass went in blind and got slaughtered by Act 5 boss... so I haven't seen much of the new content. I should have rolled on standard just to get a feel for the new bosses. I was never very good to begin with, I'd die before maps 75% of the time anyway. This time I re-rolled on both standard and HC. I'll push my standard toon through the boss fights a couple times to see the mechanics, then tackle it with HC.

Generally 3 or 4 rips are all I can tolerate in a season. Why do I HC when that means every other season I won't even make it to maps? I'm an idiot, but I love the excitement. This time I convinced myself that a SC toon is necessary to learn the content, so at least if I rip again I'll get to see everything to act 10.

In past patches I'd just fight through it. So I rip on act 4 (when it's new)... big deal. A couple tries I'll get it down. In this case with 6 new acts... well I can't rip 20 times. I'll never make it.

(I didn't get slaughtered that bad in reality. I almost won, but I usually had decoy totem down, so I didn't realise those explosions collapsed inward to your location. I thought they moved to the center (where the totem usually was) By the time I realized they were now coming right at me, I was fucked. I actually think that decoy totem wonked out a lot of those mechanics. I can't be sure that anything I thought I learned was the legit. Note to self, don't use decoy totem on a boss that doesn't move)
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-08-10 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    In past patches I'd just fight through it. So I rip on act 4 (when it's new)... big deal. A couple tries I'll get it down. In this case with 6 new acts... well I can't rip 20 times. I'll never make it.

(I didn't get slaughtered that bad in reality. I almost won, but I usually had decoy totem down, so I didn't realise those explosions collapsed inward to your location. I thought they moved to the center (where the totem usually was) By the time I realized they were now coming right at me, I was fucked. I actually think that decoy totem wonked out a lot of those mechanics. I can't be sure that anything I thought I learned was the legit. Note to self, don't use decoy totem on a boss that doesn't move)
    It probably was sending explosions towards the totem while the totem still had aggro when it taunted. When it failed the blasts went back to you.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... The first boss in Act V is an absolute MOTHERFUCKER for a melee character...

Why do I get the feeling it's only going to get worse from here on in XD.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    How is it poe.trade's fault that you suck at trading?

poe.trade is just fine. What sucks is that everyone has moved over to Harbinger for the time being and nobody is on Standard to sell the shit they have posted for sale. When I have to spend 30 minutes spamming everyone I can find selling the item I want, and get no responses at ALL, something is seriously wrong. And why are prices sky high on Harbinger? Herp Derp, because it's a new fucking league. This happens on EVERY SINGLE NEW LEAGUE. Every single one of them. The market isn't saturated at all, so people can charge what they want. You want it, you pay for it. Otherwise wait a month or so, and prices will start to come down as more and more people start posting the items for sale.

Someone had mentioned that The Barron had shot up to over 180c in price, I got online and immediately posted the 5 I'm sitting on for 150c. Come to find out they were talking about Harbinger and that the prices on Standard haven't changed at all -_-;

As for the rest of what you complained about, welcome to Path of Exile? I mean, c'mon, did you just start playing this game? Everything you bitched about is exactly what this game has been about. It's a grind game, why did you expect different? And if your build sucks, your build sucks. You can't fault the game for that, learn to pick better defensives.
    I didn't notice this gem. Bitching about me bitching about poe.trade while bitching about poe.trade. <3 it. The site is so poorly optimized it won't even run with poe open at the same time on my decent back up laptop. Prolly my fault tho. Even though reddit is full of complaints about it.

And I like the grind, I don't like the item grind. As in, running a bunch of maps and then having to eagle eye all my drops in stash tabs for affixes I want before selling. They need an in game check system, you check the affixes and tier you want, and it highlights it on your drops so you can vendor the rest. I don't mind sifting through loot after grinding, but they could make it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice this gem. Bitching about me bitching about poe.trade while bitching about poe.trade. <3 it. The site is so poorly optimized it won't even run with poe open at the same time on my decent back up laptop. Prolly my fault tho. Even though reddit is full of complaints about it.

And I like the grind, I don't like the item grind. As in, running a bunch of maps and then having to eagle eye all my drops in stash tabs for affixes I want before selling. They need an in game check system, you check the affixes and tier you want, and it highlights it on your drops so you can vendor the rest. I don't mind sifting through loot after grinding, but they could make it easier.
    Hmm, I usually have at least two pages of poe.trade open while I'm playing, I'm constantly looking for gear. I have one of each class that I'm leveling, and that's a lot of gear I'm going to need!

As for the loot filter, check this out. It's a good start, and if you want to, you can look into making it more personal for you. I just use the regular one and it severally cuts down on the item spam when I kill shit. It highlights things that are typically lootable, either worth currency to try and sell, good upgrade items, or good items to try and craft and sell.

Also, as far as affix hunting, they already do! At the bottom of the stash is a search bar. You can actually type in the name of the affix you're looking for and they will highlight items that have it. I find this really useful when I'm spamming orbs trying to craft something with the exact affix I want. But you can easily use it for searching through your storage tabs too. Or at least it used to, I haven't tried it since 3.0.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-08-12 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.