Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yup, that's what makes it so funny to watch.
    So your argument would be the Authoritarianism view since you want government controlled healthcare, aka forced. Nothing wrong with, just want to help you understand where you fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At this point it's more of an easter egg hunt.
    Hah! I like that analogy! Think I'm going to use that from now on when somebody screams "Witch Hunt". Thanks! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Must be really painful, how many people died?
    WTF? I am telling you how it's hurting America and you respond with requesting a death count? Just reply with 'Fuck America' next time... get to the point.

- - - Updated - - -

So your argument would be the Authoritarianism view since you want government controlled healthcare, aka forced. Nothing wrong with, just want to help you understand where you fall.
    You do know that there would still be private doctors and insurance companies with a single payer or universal coverage? Government covering the lowest common denominator, is sort of the job of the government of the people, by the people, for the people. You are free to invest into private coverage to the expand you can afford it... this is for when you cannot or are too blind to see why you need healthcare coverage.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Hah! I like that analogy! Think I'm going to use that from now on when somebody screams "Witch Hunt". Thanks! :P
    I totally felt that being pointed at me =P

Two new related updated. Mueller is subpoening Manafort's banking records, probably with regards to something found during the raid.

Other important news is it turns out Manafort is the one who told Mueller about Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting, before the FBI raid. Probably thought that giving that tidbit would get him off the hook. Apparently Mueller saw right through it and ordered the warrant.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Other important news is it turns out Manafort is the one who told Mueller about Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting, before the FBI raid. Probably thought that giving that tidbit would get him off the hook. Apparently Mueller saw right through it and ordered the warrant.
    I don't get it. Trump Jr tweeted the emails 15 days before the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't get it. Trump Jr tweeted the emails 15 days before the raid.
    Yep, which was probably after Manafort told Mueller. Trump jr jumped on Twitter to claim that he was coming clean after the feds already were informed of his meeting.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Looks like Manafort couldn't strike down a deal with the FBI. I wonder if he's trying to run his mouth in order to get one.

Manafort Alerted Authorities to Donald Trump Jr.’s Russia Meeting
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/report-...russia-meeting

Oh damn, that still didn't work. Tough crowd. You can always retry, Paul. It's your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Looks like Manafort couldn't strike down a deal with the FBI. I wonder if he's trying to run his mouth in order to get one.

Manafort Alerted Authorities to Donald Trump Jr.’s Russia Meeting
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/report-...russia-meeting

Oh damn, that still didn't work. Tough crowd. You can always retry, Paul. It's your life.
    For a little bit longer. Before terribly long it'll belong to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    For a little bit longer. Before terribly long it'll belong to us.
    Oh yes. That man gets kicked around by the Feds, despite his best efforts to appease his hangmen. Mistakes were made, one tiny little lapse in judgement too many...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    WTF? I am telling you how it's hurting America and you respond with requesting a death count? Just reply with 'Fuck America' next time... get to the point.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know that there would still be private doctors and insurance companies with a single payer or universal coverage? Government covering the lowest common denominator, is sort of the job of the government of the people, by the people, for the people. You are free to invest into private coverage to the expand you can afford it... this is for when you cannot or are too blind to see why you need healthcare coverage.
    I'm pretty sure extensive regulations has hurt America much worse than using a couple extra batteries a year. I am all for clean energy produced by private companies like Solar City, I cannot support wiping out other industries in pursuit of this through regulations. Technology will naturally move toward a clean future without politicians vying for a piece of the pie.

As far as the doctors go, ever heard of mandates? Specifically, physicians are subject to more government regulation and oversight, and are increasingly dependent on unreliable government reimbursement for medical services.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaPo
    The questions pile up:

- Does the information the FBI was seeking from Manafort relate only to possible lobbying and money-laundering violations? Do they relate in any way to possible cooperation between the campaign and Russian officials? If so, is there any evidence Trump was aware of what Manafort and others were up to?

- If the feds develop a strong case against Manafort, will he be incentivized to implicate others in the campaign?

- Is Michael Flynn already cooperating with Mueller, and if so, what does he know? Were Trump’s efforts to stop the FBI investigation of Flynn aimed at preventing investigators from obtaining information and/or documents relating to the president? What financial records about the Trump family finances has Mueller already collected or will be able to obtain? Do those include Trump’s tax returns?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.706ba3293442

Trump2020, because yeah sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure extensive regulations has hurt America much worse than using a couple extra batteries a year.
    Like what exactly? Unless you can be specific, you are lying.

I am all for clean energy produced by private companies like Solar City, I cannot support wiping out other industries in pursuit of this through regulations. Technology will naturally move toward a clean future without politicians vying for a piece of the pie.
    What in the hell are you talking about? The grand coulee river is an American resource. You are the one politicizing a god damn river...

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/grandcoulee/

As far as the doctors go, ever heard of mandates? Specifically, physicians are subject to more government regulation and oversight, and are increasingly dependent on unreliable government reimbursement for medical services.
    Yes, doctors are heavily regulated... because they control things like opioids persecution and are wholly responsible for your health. Your issue is with malpractice insurance... the doctors that Trump and those who can afford it, do not get or rely on government reimbursement. That's for us plebeians...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Manafort and his legal team have split up. No details as to mutual decision, firing, or jumping ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Two new related updated. Mueller is subpoening Manafort's banking records, probably with regards to something found during the raid.

Someone is going to write a crime drama character based on Mueller. Ed Harris will play him and get an Oscar.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Someone is going to write a crime drama character based on Mueller. Ed Harris will play him and get an Oscar.
    Sadly Robert Stack is no longer with us. Maybe Kevin Costner could play him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Manafort and his legal team have split up. No details as to mutual decision, firing, or jumping ship.
    ALL HANDS TO EMERGENCY ESCAPE PODS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it's fun to speculate more dumpster fires but I assume Mueller's own relation to those lawyers may have created a conflict of interest
    Fair enough, except that Manafort hired these guys second. You're suggesting he went out of his way to create a conflict of interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems that Kushner and 16 other WH staffers "forgot" to turn their fiscal disclosures over to the OGE in time, and are being fined.

Wasn't the WH supposed to run like a fine-tuned machine? Is this mass incompetence or part of a coverup?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Like what exactly? Unless you can be specific, you are lying.
    No point in asking, the word "regulations" is a talking point. Specific potential bad regulations are not.