Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You mean like the issues in Singapore and Thailand? Remember, Singapore doesn't even have a law against trafficking for this kind of shit.
    Your point being?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Same as all the other historic sex offenders, Saville etc.

The police don't take it seriously, call the at risk girls prostitutes and view girls not as victims but as troublesome young people who are out of control and willing participants.

The broad cover ups really are because of bad policing, and toxic attitudes that men have towards women.
    That's a rather sexist attitude that doesn't take into account feral skanks and bent cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by askarin View Post
    Not being labeled as racist just because you objectively state some facts would have probably helped stop these people faster, with fewer victims.
    Yeah you shouldn't use the word objective because you don't obviously know what that means. Facts aren't the problem but the liberties you think you get to take with the facts are.

You know how many times I've ever worried about being called a racist about the same as being called a rapist or a lizard man. Because I don't give a shit what someone thinks or says versus why. When you recognize this you have less to worry about. This woman is an idiot and she gives credence to the same kind of stupidity she embarrassed.

This is about a crime not race.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    So everyone should ignore the fact that 90% of the people (according to her) committing an extremely harmful crime are from a particular demographic? I don't necessarily take an opposing view here, I'm just curious about how that statistic can be ignored.
    The same way we ignored that basically all the Nazis committing atrocities were white German men. Or that a lot of the Mob's members were Italian-American. None of that gives you any justification to target people for that ethnicity alone, or to argue that their ethnicity gives them some proclivity towards that stuff.

Instead, and I know this is a challenging thought, maybe you just target child sex offenders for being child sex offenders, and their ethnicity shouldn't be relevant to that at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    can you guys please use the word asian correctly, ffs.
    Why and until a prudent answer from you. No!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Worry about cleaning up your own community before you start throwing baseless aspersions on others.
    My own community being koreans, not singaporeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    My own community being koreans, not singaporeans.

Are you an elected official?

Deleted
    I was told race threads aren't allowed so why haven't you closed this Endus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Are you an elected official?
    No? I don't see why that matters when he's telling me to "cleaning up your own community" and referring to singaporeans when I am korean. I can't vote here, I can't influence any policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The same way we ignored that basically all the Nazis committing atrocities were white German men. Or that a lot of the Mob's members were Italian-American. None of that gives you any justification to target people for that ethnicity alone, or to argue that their ethnicity gives them some proclivity towards that stuff.

Instead, and I know this is a challenging thought, maybe you just target child sex offenders for being child sex offenders, and their ethnicity shouldn't be relevant to that at all?
    I don't think the woman in the OP is claiming they need to assume all pakistanis are child rapists. She's saying that if the majority of offenders all share a similar characteristic (pakistani), then maybe we should look at why. Do you believe that it is all a coincidence that the vast majority share the same race? Or is there maybe something in the culture that needs to be looked at.

Child offenders don't necessarily walk around waving a pedo flag. You can "target child abusers all you want, but how do you do that in the real world? How do you identify them before the act takes place? All she's saying is maybe there's a problem in their community, some dark corner of negligence that allows this to happen.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2017-08-10 at 05:39 PM.

The majority were Pakistani? Operation Midland comes to mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by askarin View Post
    The majority of the victims were 11-15 years old girls. And you're saying that police didn't act because they just thought they were prostitutes?
    Don't give me that bullshit. Look at what happens in the US every time a black guy attacks a policeman and gets shot. Wide spread riots.
    The police is afraid of doing anything to these people because of people like in this thread who calls everyone racist.
    The girls were mainly at risk children and in care. So already stigmitised by society, the police attitudes towards them have been documented in the inquiry.

whether it be Asian gangs, Catholic priests, BBC stars or Tory MPs. The attitudes towards women that allow this to happen are widespread across society and amplified in cultural enclaves. Not going after people because they are to brown, to religious, to famous, to powerful is the a usual finding in the inquirys. But class played a significant role in this more so than race. The disgusting prejudice towards white, working-class girls by the police and social services allowed abusers free to persist with their crimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I don't think the woman in the OP is claiming they need to assume all pakis are child rapists. She's saying that if the majority of offenders all share a similar characteristic (pakistani), then maybe we should look at why. Do you believe that it is all a coincidence that the vast majority share the same race? Or is there maybe something in the culture that needs to be looked at.

Child offenders don't necessarily walk around waving a pedo flag. You can "target child abusers all you want, but how do you do that in the real world? How do you identify them before the act takes place? All she's saying is maybe there's a problem in their community, some dark corner of negligence that allows this to happen.
    You probably should edit pakis out, that's incredibly racist

10+ Year Old Account
    No? I don't see why that matters when he's telling me to "cleaning up your own community" and referring to singaporeans when I am korean. I can't vote here, I can't influence any policies.
    Then you don't have any fucking people unless you belong to a tribe. And by that I mean in reality.

Then you don't have any fucking people unless you belong to a tribe. And by that I mean in reality.
    There are more than enough koreans in Singapore to form our own community.

Are you from the US? There are far more sub-contintental asians than south-east asians in the UK, so over here Asian is used more often to refer to indians than chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's correct usage bruv?

Deleted
    Race thread - check
    Thread that already exists - check
    Mod posting - check

Yet thread not closed, apparently more inconsistency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I don't think the woman in the OP is claiming they need to assume all pakis are child rapists. She's saying that if the majority of offenders all share a similar characteristic (pakistani), then maybe we should look at why. Do you believe that it is all a coincidence that the vast majority share the same race? Or is there maybe something in the culture that needs to be looked at.

Or she could just do her job and stop making judgments about entire groups.

- - - Updated - - -

There are more than enough koreans in Singapore to form our own community.
    That still wouldn't make them your people unless they officially assigned that to you as a collective group or you had been elected.

That still wouldn't make them your people unless they officially assigned that to you as a collective group or you had been elected.

You don't need to be elected to be a part of a community.