Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    A bigger mystery is where does Stormwind's symbol come from. There are no lions in Azeroth.
    At first there were no lions in Rome either and they used the symbolism a lot. And there are Lions in Azeroth. We have lions in: Hillsbrad (Black Rare) and Twilight Highlands (Sambas). It stands to reason that there used to be lots of Lions in the Eastern Kingdoms but they were hunted or died due to other reasons.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    A bigger mystery is where does Stormwind's symbol come from. There are no lions in Azeroth.
    But there are lions on Azeroth and they've been there since vanilla in The Barrens for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Horde symbol was first used in WC2.
    Perfect! Now if we could know for sure what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Perfect! Now if we could know for sure what it means.
    Why are you so sure it means anything?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Why are you so sure it means anything?
    If it means anything that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    But there are lions on Azeroth and they've been there since vanilla in The Barrens for instance.
    Azeroth is also the name of the Eastern Kingdoms continent.

I'm fairly sure it is just a stylized letter "O" for Orcish Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    No clue about the status of that list, however assuming the list is canon "Horde" may be its own symbol derived from "Tribe." "Tribe" is closed and has that other bit under it. The "Horde" symbol is open at the bottom without the extra symbol.

My guess is that the "Tribe" symbol is made up of two parts as an Us/Them paring. The Horde symbol is just the first half, but opened to show that all are welcome and there is no "other."
    This actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Azeroth is also the name of the Eastern Kingdoms continent.
    Specifically, the southernmost third of the Eastern Kingdoms. To be fair, though, this usage seems to have been almost completely phased out; since Warcraft 3, it's only appeared in the (now non-canon) RPG books. Even Chronicles didn't use it.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2017-08-10 at 10:17 PM.

I would look towards Draenor/Outland since thats where the horde originated from

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    At first there were no lions in Rome either and they used the symbolism a lot. And there are Lions in Azeroth. We have lions in: Hillsbrad (Black Rare) and Twilight Highlands (Sambas). It stands to reason that there used to be lots of Lions in the Eastern Kingdoms but they were hunted or died due to other reasons.
    Technically there were lions in Greece until around 100 BC, when they were likely wiped out by hunting.

I agree with your theory though, it's pretty likely that lions roamed the Eastern Kingdoms but probably were hunted to extinction within the borders of the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Technically there were lions in Greece until around 100 BC, when they were likely wiped out by hunting.

I agree with your theory though, it's pretty likely that lions roamed the Eastern Kingdoms but probably were hunted to extinction within the borders of the Kingdom of Stormwind.
    Yeah Europe used to have lions but they were extinct by the 1st century AD and you see a lot of European nobility with lions on their crests.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah Europe used to have lions but they were extinct by the 1st century AD and you see a lot of European nobility with lions on their crests.
    However, by the Dark/Middle ages when this became a thing, Lions were well-known again because the world was aware of Africa.

It's a toilet seat with spikes because savage.