Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ban the rubber used to make the tires attached to the car! Clearly this is the root of the issue!

Another one in the long line of cases contributing to Drug Companies fueling the image that Marijuana is bad.

Meanwhile, all them crashes every day due to drunk driving, or texting...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-10 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Pot had zero to do with this.

Idiots.

Even most of the most die-hard legalization advocates agree that pot can and does impair you and that you should not drive a vehicle while high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Pot had zero to do with this.

Idiots.
    Erm? From the source article, the very first line:

A mother is facing charges after police said she was high on marijuana when she crashed her car with her young child inside.

So I'm curious how you've managed to reach "Pot had zero to do with this"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Erm? From the source article, the very first line:

A mother is facing charges after police said she was high on marijuana when she crashed her car with her young child inside.

So I'm curious how you've managed to reach "Pot had zero to do with this"?
    pot didn't drive the car. How do you not understand this?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Top 10 things to do in Damariscotta. Things to Do in Damariscotta

Weed is legal in Maine so it's just like she was driving while drunk. Hope her and the kid are okay.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    pot didn't drive the car. How do you not understand this?
    You need a sarcasm tag or people will take this seriously :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What's so special that it's worth making a thread about it?
    /shrugs

Quite honestly the next news segment on the same source page would be more worth:

Babysitters charged after disturbing video shows crying infant put in refrigerator
    WTF..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

People drink and drive and get in wrecks every day. one woman crashes on weed and it makes news.

This modern day era is so piped up on being in the know, having the want to need to know every little news negative that is confined into the news station.

I drove while high once. A friend of mine gave me some strong fucking shit and I rarely smoke. When I thought I was taking off from a runway I told her I needed to pull over so we hid behind a fence so any passing police wouldn't come questioning lol. The bidibodibidibu song from super troopers with the germans came on and we laughed...hard. Easily one of the biggest mistakes of my life, she was up there too. Marijuana can and will kill if you drive while high. It's not a reason to ban it however. I agree though, how is this news? It's no different than "woman drunk crashes car with child inside".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    People getting into wrecks on Alcohol DUI is common knowledge.
    Let me re-arrange your sentence a bit..

People driving under the influence may get into wrecks, is common knowledge.
    It's not exclusive to alcohol.
    In fact, most DUI accidents are probably caused from prescription drugs.
    Common sense is something that evades people quite frequently.
    I'm confident you aren't an exception to that either. No one is when it comes to CS evasion.
    Doing something against better judgment is - unfortunately - normal.

Relevant: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs358/en/
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-08-10 at 05:35 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah, they are. I would add that PROBABLY people on certain meds also don't know they should not drive. Hey..my doc gave it to me..it must be good.

Maybe I would be less annoyed if this thread didn't reek like a not so very veiled demonization of weed and actually tried to be informative
    I have no problem with pot, I think it should be legal, although I don't care for potheads, people who's life revolve all around it.

I bet more moms crash cars with kids in them sober. The numbers don't lie.

Seems like everyone has an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's bullshit. This is 100% common knowledge.
    Nope, how come you hardly ever post truths?

10+ Year Old Account
    Woman drunk off tequila crashes car with child inside, more at 11.

Seriously articles like this are just pure bullshit anti-marijuana propaganda to scare old geezers as they sip on their drinks and continue to drive because "I'm experienced and I have high tolerance".

Across the board crime to drive under the influence of alcohol weed or any other recreational drug. Boom there done.

I think it's pretty difficult to gauge whether the accident can be blamed on her being high or on something else entirely. I mean, for her to operate the vehicle responsibly, while high, she would have to be a regular smoker. Like on a daily basis. High is her normal. Full on weed dependency where she's actually more focused and productive when she is high. I'm talking Nurse Jacky stuff here. Accidents happen when she is NOT high.

If we can somehow find out if she's a bonafide honest-to-god pot smoker or just some light-headed asshole, then and only then can weed be completely absolved of her sins...
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No. Just drive drive under the influence. Pretty simple.
    So, we should drive under the influence? I've been doing it wrong all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    If we can somehow find out if she's a bonafide honest-to-god pot smoker or just some light-headed asshole, then and only then can weed be completely absolved of her sins...
    There's no reason to "absolve" weed. Alcoholics may think they function normally while inebriated too...but no one is trying to get booze of the hook. You shouldn't get behind the wheel when you're intoxicated. Be it weed, alcohol, or anything else. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There's no reason to "absolve" weed. Alcoholics may think they function normally while inebriated too...but no one is trying to get booze of the hook. You shouldn't get behind the wheel when you're intoxicated. Be it weed, alcohol, or anything else. End of story.
    Booze is harder to unhook than weed though, seeing how you are infinitely more stupid drunk than you are high.. This was scientifically proven!

That said, my intention is not to completely absolve weed. She still deserves a DUI, regardless of the I. My thinking is that once you absolve weed, her being an experienced smoker and all, you look for the actual cause of the accident. Perhaps she hides something much darker and the weed in her blood saved her from further investigation.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.