Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

"Gogogo!!!", or "You pull, you tank"

Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    Last edited by McTroll; 2017-08-10 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    They're both idiots

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly the rogue for prematurely pulling, as that's the tank job. A little bit of blame goes to the tank for that mentality. Tell the rogue not to do it again and move on.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What was the healer doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the rogue aggroed the mobs he obviously wanted to tank them himself. Why else would he have pulled them?

If he wanted someone else to tank them, he should have let that individual pull them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    The tank is in the right, the rogue don't like it, rogue can reroll.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both acting like children. If you pull shit and die because your impatient ass can't wait, it's your own fault. If you won't tank something becasue someone didn't want to wait for you to pull, and you processed to be an ass about it, don't tank and play one of the two other roles.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Eh, hard to say. I usually tank or heal instances - when I tank, I like to chain pull as fast as possible as long as the healer can keep up. When I'm dpsing or especially healing and a tank is pulling very slowly, it can be extremely frustrating. I don't throw a tantrum or anything, just politely tell the tank he can pull faster since we're ok and in no danger. If he refuses or is snarky back to me, then I'll start pulling on my own to speed things up - but I make sure I can do it safely so I don't die or wipe us.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "you pull, you tank" mentally is out of touch and just retarded thinking.

It's the tanks JOB to tank shit REGARDLESS of how it was aggroed. That kind of mindset is unacceptable in LFD and LFR imo.

Rogue obviously deserved to die. He has "Tricks of the Trade" for a reason!

If you purposely pull because you're impatient and you die...good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The tank is in the right, the rogue don't like it, rogue can reroll.
    ^ This...

Tank did nothing wrong, if the Rogue wants to be a moron then let him be a moron...must be a bad rogue if he didn't know how to vanish lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Eh, hard to say. I usually tank or heal instances - when I tank, I like to chain pull as fast as possible as long as the healer can keep up. When I'm dpsing or especially healing and a tank is pulling very slowly, it can be extremely frustrating. I don't throw a tantrum or anything, just politely tell the tank he can pull faster since we're ok and in no danger. If he refuses or is snarky back to me, then I'll start pulling on my own to speed things up - but I make sure I can do it safely so I don't die or wipe us.
    Exactly. The only times I start pulling ahead is on my DH/Pally Cuz I know I'll be ok.

Also If it was a rogue why didn't he just vanish/tricks of the trade either one would've forced the tank to deal with it.

Tank is right. Even if he is slow as fuck, let him do his thing. Most tanks don't go slow on purpose just to be obnoxious, they either are newer tanks or are waiting on CDs, or just aren't that good.

Pulling tons of extra shit and spamming "go" is very obnoxious, no way around it. Maybe pull a couple of extra mobs that you think you can handle if you really can't spend the extra 5 minutes on the dungeon, but don't bitch because you die since it's completely your fault.

Deleted
    I usually wait for the impatient <insert class here> to die, and then I taunt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The "you pull, you tank" mentally is out of touch and just retarded thinking.

It's the tanks JOB to tank shit REGARDLESS of how it was aggroed. That kind of mindset is unacceptable in LFD and LFR imo.
    I never thought I'd say these words... But I agree with Jaylock...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Tanks are ALWAYS like this. They have huge egos. 90% of them.

ALso DPS'ers pulling before the tank are also jackasses.

So they are both jackasses

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank is right.

Rogue is wrong. Simple.

When I was healing, if someone mistakenly pulled ahead of the tank, I would heal them up but if it happened twice they were on their own.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    More the rogue than the tank imo. If the tank is going at his own pace there's probably a reason. The rogue could have asked to speed up or if he could lead pulls to him. When the rogue started nagging after dying, the tank could have also just let him know not to do it again since he's going at his own speed.

Depends on what "tank going at his pace" means. If everyone is constantly topped and the healer seems bored he's probably not pulling big enough and just wasting everyones time. If "his pace" is a decent one, then yeah, you pull you tank.