Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    And aside from the Rise of Iron Gjallarhorn mission how many of those quests were memorable? did you really care about having to grind up Future Warcult rep for the sniper? or getting a number of void kills in pvp for the hand cannon?

If someone asks "what am i going to do solo" killing shit you were killing in the story missions really is most of the D1 experience unless you include pvp. Everything else is group content and raids and nightfalls dont have any group finder at all. This is not borderlands or diablo where there is some chance of ridiuclously random stated gear dropping. There is a small pool of each type of weapon and thats it. You get them and it goes from looter shooter to 'i hope a blue drops so i can infuse'.

and fyi i made a new titan just for one last run through and taking it slow and easy it took me 12 hours. It is not a sweeping, epic journey. It is a few 'defend the ghost' missions and a few 'kill the named mob' missions till the taken king. When the game has changed and everything before endgame is trash replaced every 15 minutes or so there is no reason to chase gear or farm enemies, you just complete the objective and the mission ends.

And like anyone whos played it knows the amount of missions in Destiny before TTK is really, really lacking.
    I'm getting the feeling you haven't played in a pretty long time.

Infusing blues isn't going to get you far.

There's the sleeper simulant quest, there's the exotic sword quests, there's the khvostov quest, there's the no time to explain quest (requires raiding), there's thorn and the chaperone and touch of malice which is super fun with the calcified fragment collection.

Again, even the basic story missions are substantially longer than 12 hours (closer to 20 if you rush it) not including story missions you unlock after "beating" a dlc even if you rush all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Can classes use each other starter exotic weapons? for example: can warlock use titan machine gun ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Can classes use each other starter exotic weapons? for example: can warlock use titan machine gun ?
    Since there was no Bank at this time, I do not believe it is possible in the Beta. We will only know when the game is fully released.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Since there was no Bank at this time, I do not believe it is possible in the Beta. We will only know when the game is fully released.
    is this possible in destiny 1 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    is this possible in destiny 1 ?
    There were very few class specific weapons. But they did exist. I can't recall if any were exotic, but I know for sure there was at least 3 class specific legendaries.

I know that doesn't provide a solid answer, but it is at least a little insight.

All of the exotics available during the console beta were not class exclusive. They're obtainable and usable by any class.

There might be class specific exotics again like there were in TTK but what we've seen in the beta wasn't any of them. There's an official response from Bungie on this as well during an interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Destiny 2 offering exp boosts in Rockstar energy drinks and poptarts. LOL. Glad I didn't order this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Destiny 2 offering exp boosts in Rockstar energy drinks and poptarts. LOL. Glad I didn't order this garbage.
    Oh yeah totally ruins the game.

Yes because a promotion through a drink is totally going to ruin the game.

Exp boosts was also offered for redbull prior. Exp boosts have a very small impact on the game with its already fast leveling.

Oh no! Whatever shall we do!? People who buy those products will level slightly faster than the ones who don't! All in a game where the character level doesn't really mean shit because of how fast you ALREADY LEVEL UP and how the more important factor is LIGHT LEVEL and not CHARACTER LEVEL!

Such a tragedy.

Go away troll.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Exp boosts was also offered for redbull prior. Exp boosts have a very small impact on the game with its already fast leveling.
    Hell in Destiny you could argue leveling itself has very little impact.

Did anyone play through Destiny and encounter something they were too low level for and have to go grind? ever?

I think in the beta i ran into a lvl.10 fallen captain in a cave but thats about it. The level has been a gear lock and really nothing else so unless its changed dramatically i dont see xp boosts meaning much.

Especially when whales will probably buy sparks of light to boost their 2nd and 3rd characters.

Leveling is just a way to gate content and keep you from using the strongest gear right from the start. Other then that it doesn't really matter.

So with Destiny 2 do you need 4 players to do everything or can you do everything with less? I've got like 1 other friend interested in playing, so how far could a duo get in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    So with Destiny 2 do you need 4 players to do everything or can you do everything with less? I've got like 1 other friend interested in playing, so how far could a duo get in the game?
    That much is unconfirmed for now. But from what they have said about PvE, it sounds like you can do a lot with only 1 or 2 people.

Strikes and Raids will definitely need a full team for a while. At least until we all our gear the content and can go in with reduced numbers (Assuming there are no boss mechanics which require 4 people)

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Right now it looks like you can do the main story, que for pvp and things in the world like lost sectors. For things like raids they refuse a group finder and instead expect you to mooch off clans filling empty spots.

An in game group finder will be built in so that players do not have to use leave the game to find groups. A random queue option for raids like strikes will however not be available.

" There's so much new content that at one point in development they realised they had more content than progression (something they've subsequently fixed) "

So it means that we already have our next year's DLCs' contents? (source)

Yeah i'm hopeful but wary of that article. Hours of content could just be PR doublespeak for "teeeechnically we can sell patrols and one and done lost sectors as hours and hours. Doing daily quests is technically hours of new content in a sequel" bunkum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    " There's so much new content that at one point in development they realised they had more content than progression (something they've subsequently fixed) "

So it means that we already have our next year's DLCs' contents? (source)
    Given Bungie's track record, I'll believe it when I see it.

Granted, I'm hopeful there is actually a ton of content, but we'll just have to wait and see.