Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But we can?

We can be smiths, chefs, tailors etc etc etc.
    For real! Some players don't do anything besides work the AH and craft things. They're not called Crafting Alts for nothing.

But more improtantly, why can't we turn evil and join the Legion, or Arthas, or Deathwing, or any number of other baddies? Why are we stuck being the heroes ALL the time?

7+ Year Old Account
    being the hero sucks in this game cause you have no choices, you do everything they said. there is no point on being the greatest hero of your class but "yet still you lick the boots of kings" and can do nothing about, or choice something else

when you are a simple soldier of the horde/alliance you need to follow the orders, or is treason

I don't think Superman has a car he drives to work, and I don't know the labor laws on Metropolis, so he may only get 30 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Some people tend to believe that since we are these class hall leaders and garrison leaders and such that we can not go back to being just "humble adventurers" which I am refuting because even the most powerful super heroes in comics go back to being regular guys / gals when they are not saving the world.
    #1 You not trying to make a point you are trying to make click bate
    #2 Where do you see Iron Man go back to being a normal Dude?
    (apart from the fact that we dont have secret identities and our live is NOT fiction)
    #3 Stop trying to make posts and go back to be a normal dude with no internet please? (at least for the next 20 years, that'll be great!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So Superman, the demigod from the planet Krypton is a humble / lowly journalist when he's not saving the world or fighting crime. He drives a car to work, he gets his 1 hour lunch break, he works on writing stories and general desk work, and he goes home at the end of the day.

Pretty regular job.

So that brings me to my main point. If we are the "super heroes and saviors of Azeroth," why does it matter that in the next expansion we return to being farmers, or helping random townsfolk with their chores, or kill a bunch of boars trampling their gardens?

The point is, if Superman can go from saving the world back to being a regular reporter, and doing regular person things, we as the heroes of Azeroth can do the same (until called upon to fight the big bad enemies) and it doesn't diminish our accomplishments at all.

Lore and Logic 101 for ya.
    You know what Jaylock, I've finally figured it out. I officially accuse you of being a Blizzard botnet that periodically makes posts to MMOC to gauge the public reaction for some of the more stupid, moronic ideas they want to implement (like no flying, considering you were pretty much the first here to champion it.)

That's the only plausible reason I have for you making these stupid threads constantly, while also having pretty much the most corrosive gameplay and lore opinions of any player I've ever interacted with.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    We already do all of that menial work though. Not everything we do is grand and epic. Just yesterday I did a world quest where I had to herd sheep back into a pen :|

Even back in vanilla when we weren't doing basic helpful adventurer stuff we were killing dragons, loa gods, old gods and lich
    As members of large raid groups.

I cannot take the whole "we deserve high recognition" line of thinking seriously because as individuals our contributions are rather small. It is the raid group as a whole that accomplishes great feats.

Logically we should receive some recognition as champions on the forefront of combat, but nothing so ridiculous as, "You happened to be apart of the raid group who killed X boss so now you're the Highlord!"

Superman is a horrible example for the point you're trying to make.

This is who you're looking for: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius...us_Cincinnatus
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    As members of large raid groups.

I cannot take the whole "we deserve high recognition" line of thinking seriously because as individuals our contributions are rather small. It is the raid group as a whole that accomplishes great feats.

Logically we should receive some recognition as champions on the forefront of combat, but nothing so ridiculous as, "You happened to be apart of the raid group who killed X boss so now you're the Highlord!"
    I've always seen it as the raid groups that lore mentions when defeating bosses are always compromised of one of every single class and since we are the class champions that's why we can each be awarded individual recognition. But they kind of shot themselves in the foot with the whole "commander of alliance" thing they did in WoD so it is a bit messed up.

Personally, I hate how WoW is progressively making the players these all-powerful, high ranking/important characters. Vanilla-Cata handled it well. We were just adventures defeating these big threats alongside the major lore characters of the WoW universe - it made those threats seem even more imposing. If you wanted to be well-known or seem important in the game, then you actually had to do it yourself from within the community - be an awesome raider with prestigious gear, be a feared PvPer that everyone hated to run into, be that guild leader that runs a well-known and successful guild, etc. I hate that we were promoted to the leaders of our class, or the commander of our base of operations, of the holder of some of the major lore weapons in the entire WoW universe. Not only is story-telling like this not immersive in a MMO-scenario (ohey, every paladin around me has an ashbringer too and is also somehow leader of all of the other paladins even though I'm supposed to be!), but it also makes the world seem "smaller" - the players aren't just one of thousands of others adventuring out in the world anymore.
    Last edited by Ickz; 2017-08-10 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    So long as we responded to the next pressing threat, I really don't see the issue. If that threat is Murlocs raiding a small village or a Dragon trying to the world should really matter. We're heroes so long as we save people we're doing are jobs. This is shown in game MoP has less stakes then Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-08-10 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Pulitzer awards winner, top jornalist of the Daily Planet "lowly"? There is only one jornalist better than Clark, his wife.

Come on, Jaylock, pick a better one next time. Someone like Plastic Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I don't think Superman has a car he drives to work, and I don't know the labor laws on Metropolis, so he may only get 30 minutes.
    He usually takes public transportation, no joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, we always go somewhere and "help the farmers" or whoever pays us. I mean..we literally did that in Bradensbrook. Mark falcons for Granny.

Doesn't mean WE have to be farmers. Hey..as long as we make stuff up...I have 4.5 million gold. No way I go back to a daytime job.
    I'm not saying we have to be farmers. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't complain that we might potentially be having an expansion on main land Azeroth, facing threats to our main land, and doing quests that involve trivial tasks for the local denizens of the new areas we will be on.

The bottom line is, it doesn't matter that we imprisoned Sargeras, the Dark Titan. Threats will always arise for Azeroth and it's heroes, and if an expansion is now on a bunch of islands fighting Naga and helping villagers, so what? There's something to do and fun to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    So long as we responded to the next pressing threat, I really don't see the issue. If that threat is Murlocs raiding a small village or a Dragon trying to the world should really matter. We're heroes so long as we save people we're doing are jobs. This is shown in game MoP has less stakes then Cataclysm.
    Exactly my point. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For real! Some players don't do anything besides work the AH and craft things. They're not called Crafting Alts for nothing.

But more improtantly, why can't we turn evil and join the Legion, or Arthas, or Deathwing, or any number of other baddies? Why are we stuck being the heroes ALL the time?
    I don't believe in the hero complex. I didn't like that we became commanders, nor class heroes or leaders (not all halls are the same). I can understand being the common hero, but we can't nor shouldn't all be the big wins. Then again, people want to be that in most RPG's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The DC universe has its own specific logic that doesn't apply to Wow. Superman can leave for the night, defeat Darkseid and be back in time to clock-in. Campaigns in wow span months if not years of in-game time and pretty much consume the player character's entire existence.

Level your trade skills and complete the trade skill quest lines. Raids are there to progress the overarching narrative.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But...but..but...it is what we always do?. Plus you specifically asked us to be Clark Kent and "we return to being farmers"
    I used superman and clark kent as an analogy for the argument against people who say we have to always be on this high and mighty pedestal as these leaders of Azeroth. Theres nothing wrong with going into a new expansion and doing quests that have us picking up poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't believe in the hero complex. I didn't like that we became commanders, nor class heroes or leaders (not all halls are the same). I can understand being the common hero, but we can't nor shouldn't all be the big wins. Then again, people want to be that in most RPG's.
    I'm not even sure WoW qualifies as an RPG anymore. At least not in the traditional sense of picking a role to play. The only roles WoW has these days are Tank/Heal/DPS. The story literally doesn't allow for anything other than being the hero. I've seen visual novels with more choices.

Be nice if the next expansion actually let the player decide if they wanted to be heroic or not. I guess that's more or less beyond the scope of the themepark ride, though. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-10 at 09:24 PM.

The problem is what do they do for raid bosses? Are you really going to tell me that after killing Kil'jaedan and the other leaders of the legion and heading an assault on their home world, killing Titanic beings, Old god infused wild gods and Demi gods this expansion we can go to "man 500 wipes on Jill-Sparrow the Drunk Pirate"?? What kind of raid/dungeons can they make that actually match the level of epic ness we are used to?

Wasn't Superman that poster that kept the 2000 some odd page flight thread (prior to and during WoD) alive single-handedly?

He even changed names at times.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will start out as a message in a bottle quest..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about your hero, but mine is usually going to the AH/jewelcrafting/farming/hanging out in dal with regularity.

Sounds like normal mundane stuff in Azeroth.