Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    I'm waiting for the Tweetstorm when Trump discovers he can't fire Senators...
    Reminds me of that movie Dave where they have to teach the presidential impostor the basics of how a government works. Of course, in the movie the impostor payed attention . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    The genius is picking a twitter fight with McConnell. I despise McConnell but he has a ton of political clout and knows how to use it. He is also the only thing in the Senate between Trump and the Republicans that despise Trump. I cant wait to see where this goes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump threatens McConnell

That's three times since 7AM this morning alone.
    Oh for fucks sake. Roy Moore? The godbotherer who has been removed from the bench, twice I believe, for pushing his religious bullshit in court?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Oh for fucks sake. Roy Moore? The godbotherer who has been removed from the bench, twice I believe, for pushing his religious bullshit in court?
    Yea that side article made me do a double take. Well...it is Sessions seat afterall

Well there goes that crumbling base, he's back at 44% http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

These polls don't really matter until Summer of next year anyway, but it's funny you won't see this on the front page of the Washington Post today I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well there goes that crumbling base, he's back at 44% http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history

These polls don't really matter until Summer of next year anyway, but it's funny you won't see this on the front page of the Washington Post today I'm sure.
    Still struggling to crack 50% even on the most heavily biased conservative poll there is?

That's still not good, but I guess North Korean-esque threats of "fire and fury" go a long way in shoring up his support with many conservatives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

I expect them to keep rising for the rest of his vacation, might very well might even go positive after the reaction that his 9/11 event will garner (don't know what it is, don't know if it's even planned yet but as a New Yorker...he's doing one, prolly biggest since the 2011 one too)

As I've said before, the real litmus test is going to be Virginia in November. That's the first poll that will really matter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still struggling to crack 50% even on the most heavily biased conservative poll there is?

That's still not good, but I guess North Korean-esque threats of "fire and fury" go a long way in shoring up his support with many conservatives?
    Lindsey Graham has been in office almost 22 years now for a reason

Deleted
    Attacking McConnell... I really do hope that the White House generals took the nuclear case from the big baby Trump, he can't be trusted with anything.

Really, the only knowledge that Trump has of the American political system is what he learned from watching Idiocracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do love how Trump is making enemies of powerful people. People who can take him down and out of office.

Trump seems to be operating under the assumption that the government is his to control, and he's quickly finding out that he only holds the reins on a few issues.

Please please please Trump, keep making enemies of the people who can actually impeach you. <3

Trump being forcibly removed from office would be quite the site to see, considering he's the one who's fired people his entire life, and never been fired himself from anything. The tantrums he (and his cultists) would throw would be a glorious train wreck to watch.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. The orange shit stain has got his claws in the senate majority turtle. Its so amusing watching their stupid red neck infighting. Yes morons continue to battle each other. Get nothing done.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as the GOP realizes it is not getting help from the WH, they turn to...another source.

Congressmen: Our bipartisan plan for health care

People are sick of politics and politicians. They have had it with the finger-pointing and blame games while the world is engulfed in chaos.

We are, too.

We're freshman members of Congress from different political parties, but we know there is more that unites us than divides us. That's why we're part of the Problem Solvers Caucus: a group of more than 40 lawmakers, split evenly between Democrats and Republicans, committed to -- you guessed it -- solving problems.

This month, after working together for weeks, the Problem Solvers Caucus announced a five-point proposal to begin the process of fixing our broken health care system. After years of attacks and counterattacks by both parties, we are resetting the conversation by outlining a set of principles aimed at stabilizing the health insurance markets and providing relief to individuals, families and small businesses.

As it stands, the Affordable Care Act is unsustainable. For too many Americans, health care is still too expensive. Premiums are rising and people are scared. This is a life-and-death issue for many Americans. They deserve to know that when they get sick, or their child falls ill, that a system will be in place to ensure they have access to high-quality, affordable health coverage. That should be the goal for any lawmaker, regardless of party.

We know that the Affordable Care Act isn't perfect, but we need to keep what works and fix what doesn't. The bottom line is: we need to stabilize the individual market right now -- and that is what our proposal does.

First, it would bring cost-sharing reduction payments under Congressional authority, but ensure they have mandatory funding. The President has threatened to withhold these funds, which would result in devastating premium increases and out-of-pocket costs for families.

Second, we must stabilize the individual marketplace by creating a dedicated fund for states to use to bring down premiums and limit losses for providing coverage, especially for people with pre-existing conditions.

Third, our plan calls for an adjustment to the employer mandate from businesses that have 50 employees to those with 500 employees. The current mandate puts too many burdens on small businesses, making it almost impossible to grow beyond 50 employees.

Fourth, we must repeal the 2.3% Medical Device Tax, which we know is passed onto consumers and creates a bigger hole in their pocket.

Finally, our proposal will provide technical changes and guidelines for states seeking to improve their exchanges and offer better coverage for consumers.

This isn't the silver bullet solution to our healthcare troubles, but it's a start -- and it's the exact kind of common sense leadership that Americans are looking for. Instead of focusing on scoring political points, the Problem Solvers Caucus' goal is simple: get things done.

We both happen to have been trained as CPAs and lawyers. We're both freshmen members from suburban districts. One is from Long Island and Queens in New York and the other from outside Philadelphia, but we are joined by other members from all over our nation with varying backgrounds and years of service.

When we came to Congress earlier this year, each of us signed a freshman pledge to civility. That's what being an elected official is about. We chose to set aside our petty differences, look at the big picture, and realize that we have a sacred duty to improve the lives of the people who have entrusted us with the responsibility of representing them -- and our country -- in Congress.

We know that this is serious business. Ramming through legislation with support from only one party is not how the legislative branch of government was meant to operate, and as we've seen before and we're seeing again now, it just doesn't work.

We need leaders sobered by their responsibilities and individuals committed to stopping the nonsense that dominates our current national discourse and elevating the debate to the serious, responsible level our times demand.

Instead of focusing on areas of disagreement, let's focus on goodwill and compromise where we can find common ground. We believe our health care proposal is the start of many good bipartisan conversations. It is not only our duty, but our only hope.
    Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pennsylvania, is serving his first term in the US House of Representatives and is a member of the Problem Solvers Caucus. Tom Suozzi, D-New York, is serving his first term in the US House of Representatives and is Vice Chair of the Problem Solvers Caucus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Attacking McConnell... I really do hope that the White House generals took the nuclear case from the big baby Trump, he can't be trusted with anything.

Really, the only knowledge that Trump has of the American political system is what he learned from watching Idiocracy.
    How he thinks it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    ....is that something to be proud of? "Hey guys, more people like me, but a majority still hate me, but hey, it's better than nearly everyone hating me right? Right?!?"
    now its just a good result considering how many people just hate him no matter what happens around them.
    He can make great things but yet be a target for constant venom from the left due to his personality.

which is pathetic because politicians and people generally imo judged by their actions and results more than ever.

(lefties dont get it, i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    now its just a good result considering how many people just hate him no matter what happens around them.
    He can make great things but yet be a target for constant venom from the left due to his personality.

which is pathetic because politicians and people generally imo judged by their actions and results more than ever.

Is lying not an action he should be judged by then? Because he lied. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post

The only ones whose opinion of Trump changed are of his supporters. Prior to 2015, the opinion you blame on the left, was shared by everyone. That included when he wanted to run with Oprah as an independent or when he was praising Clintons as a democrat. You just happen to be the only ones who fell for it.

This is SNL making fun of Trump, 27 years ago... when he was a prochoice democrat:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...ng/n9870?snl=1

By the way... the two bold parts being said by the same person, not even the same post... is the definition of hypocrisy.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Is lying not an action he should be judged by then? Because he lied. A lot.
    Welcome to every politician to walk the earth, it looks like you just entered the real world. "You can keep your Doctor"

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Welcome to every politician to walk the earth, it looks like you just entered the real world. "You can keep your Doctor"
    Show me a politician that has lied anywhere near as much as Trump has.

Trump lies a hell of a lot more than your average politician, but nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Show me a politician that has lied anywhere near as much as Trump has.
    I would, but something tells me you'll blindly just say "but trump was worse" so i dont tink this discussion would go anywhere but full circle

Edit: Sure enough, the guy above me did just that xD

/modern left. So easy to predict.

I would, but something tells me you'll blindly just say "but trump was worse" so i dont tink this discussion would go anywhere but full circle

Edit: Sure enough, the guy above me did just that xD

/modern left. So easy to predict.
    So, where's that healthcare plan that Trump promised that would be cheaper and the government would pay for?