10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Damn right. Have you seen those chefs?!
    Point taken.

GRM could also mean "gourmand" in English. Which is a gluttonous person, if I understand it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    No, that's not what I am referring to. People told me that because they had a level 70 job, they got a bajillion of exp at the end of the dungeon runs of other low level jobs.
    From the Wiki:

Armory Bonus
    The Armory Bonus is additional experience granted to any combat class you have that is NOT your highest level class. From levels 1-59, you receive +100% additional experience for secondary classes that are lower level than your highest level class. At level 60, this bonus decreases to only 50%. The amount of experience granted has nothing to do with the distance in levels from your highest class.

Additionally, the +10% experience from The Heat of Battle II (FC buff) - will stack on top of this buff to provide an additional 10% experience. So the Armory bonus is 110% (armory) + 10% (fc buff) instead of just 100%, while the FC buff is active. This is different from the other bonuses, as they do not receive additional experience from the FC buff.

The Armory Bonus, as previously mentioned - does not apply to non-combat classes such as gatherers & crafters.

Examples:

Your highest level combat class is 20. You are playing as that class. You receive no armory bonus.
    Your highest level combat class is 20. You are playing as a second combat class that is less than level 20. You are now receiving armory bonus exp.
    Your highest level combat class is 20. You are playing a second combat class that is also level 20. You receive no armory bonus.
    The Armory Bonus applies to the following sources of Combat EXP:

Fates
    Leves
    Kills
    Main Story Quests
    Palace of the Dead
    Dungeon Completion

It's not a "bajillion" xp. It's a decent bonus that helps level faster, but your not going to level cap new jobs in a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 70, did my class quest and been trying to do the last raid (Menagerie). It seems impossible. I know tacts, but most people simply join expecting it to be a story level easy instance. And while by no means it's really hard, it can easily wipe the group. Tried it like 5 times, and because I'm a dps, this has taken me over 4 hours. I still haven't done it

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to ask:

Now that I'm 70...

does the armory bonus immediately apply?

what do I need to do to be accepted in a raiding guild?

how do I farm the required gear fast and efficiently?

is there anything I can buy off the MB?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and lastly, is there any FC that raids in Louisinoix? I transferred here when I came back 10 days ago and lvled to 70, sadly without the road to 60 buff. If anyone knows anything like that, that would be great.
    First damn you are on Louisioux now too huh?

Second dungeons lots of dingeons.

And yes you can buy gear just choose your class when searching the narketboard..not cheap though..not cheap at all

No, that's not what I am referring to. People told me that because they had a level 70 job, they got a bajillion of exp at the end of the dungeon runs of other low level jobs.
    The big "bajillion" only happens once per day, and only for the roulette(s). It's one of the daily rewards. It offers either tomes (if you are at max) or XP (if you are not). So if you already ran the "leveling roulette" for tomes on your main, you won't get the XP when you run it again on your alt.

You do get a lesser amount as a bonus for running a dungeon that is low level for you. You also get the armory bonus when you run on a class lower than your main. Neither of those add up to a "bajillion" though, and in my opinion don't add up to enough. Running a proper level dungeon is better XP. Unless you run the roulette WITH the daily bonus. That does add up to a "bajillion", and is the best (dungeon) xp.

I usually save "leveling" and "trials" (and eventually "50-60") for my alts. Just in case a friendly guild tank or healer runs them, I can pop onto my dps and get the once-per-day bonus in XP instead of tomes.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-08-10 at 04:18 PM.

Ever since Palace of the Dead came out, the world feels very lonely. FATES were maybe boring, but they provided activity in the world. Zones feel very empty without them.

Oh well, maybe the next relic/anima weapon grind will liven things up.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Ever since Palace of the Dead came out, the world feels very lonely. FATES were maybe boring, but they provided activity in the world. Zones feel very empty without them.

Oh well, maybe the next relic/anima weapon grind will liven things up.
    I'm sure they'll contrive some reason to force people to grind FATEs, and create the illusion they're good content. I still say they should use the Diadem model to make queueable FATE groups as a leveling tool. The open-world stuff is largely pointless if you don't have a group to make them quick enough to be worth the time.

I'd rather see the FATEs become a bit more...fun, to use a wildly subjective term. Let us keep abilities when downsynced, but lower our ilvl to the appropriate threshold. Wouldn't fix FATE grinding outright, but it would make things at least a little more fun for us high/max level folks.

FATEs are a decent way to get some xp on a dps job while waiting in queue for roulettes. I'd rather see them left for that purpose. I'd argue that they still need to offer a bit more xp to make them competitive with PotD. Old zones should be able to have the XP bonus for FATEs as well as the chance at Forlorn Maidens to spawn. On that note, I'd like to see there be other triggers/things for the Twist of FATE bonus, be it a different mob type or some kind of weird condition/criteria for the FATE (a random creature appears that has to be protected, or if the FATE is a single mob, it gets some sort of buff or a new ability).

I would not be surprised, of course, if they make a step of the next relic/anima a FATE grind, but I would also meet it with a roll of the eyes.

I thought they said that the new Eureka content was going to be created specifically for the new relic? Eureka which hopefully won't be diadem 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I thought they said that the new Eureka content was going to be created specifically for the new relic? Eureka which hopefully won't be diadem 3.0.
    That was stated at one point, yes. Agree on Diadem 3.0 comment; that zone needs to be a persistent area people can zone into at any time, even if it meant nerfing the rate that nodes and stuff spawn. Not the FATEs, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm sure they'll contrive some reason to force people to grind FATEs, and create the illusion they're good content. I still say they should use the Diadem model to make queueable FATE groups as a leveling tool. The open-world stuff is largely pointless if you don't have a group to make them quick enough to be worth the time.
    I know I've said words to this effect before, but they should copy/pasta Rifts Instant Adventures and use existing FATE's for them.

Instant Adventures for those who've not played Rift are where you get instantly matched into a raid group and complete what are, effectively, open world quests in a zergy fashion. FF14 already has the basic framework in place to allow them to happen, all that's really missing is a queue and some way to port players from one FATE to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I know I've said words to this effect before, but they should copy/pasta Rifts Instant Adventures and use existing FATE's for them.

Instant Adventures for those who've not played Rift are where you get instantly matched into a raid group and complete what are, effectively, open world quests in a zergy fashion. FF14 already has the basic framework in place to allow them to happen, all that's really missing is a queue and some way to port players from one FATE to the next.
    Diadem is essentially that, it just doesn't offer meaningful rewards. If completing the Exploratory Mission and attendant FATEs gave a chunk of XP comparable to, say, winning a PvP match, I'd bet a number of people would jump on that instead of jamming up Frontlines/The Feast or even running POTD.

Diadem is essentially that, it just doesn't offer meaningful rewards. If completing the Exploratory Mission and attendant FATEs gave a chunk of XP comparable to, say, winning a PvP match, I'd bet a number of people would jump on that instead of jamming up Frontlines/The Feast or even running POTD.
    problem with diadem is it came out 'finished' so late it was good for killing materia markets and giving you glamour gear. Eureka coming early can give a gearing/story option and make it feel less like something you can skip.

Y'know, when it becomes a mandatory relic fate grind.

Is the Lodestone trolling me or what? How the F do I search FCs based on their focus?

Which is where Rifts Instant Adventures pull ahead - You get a decent chunk of XP for each one you complete and can reasonably expect to have one done every 2 minutes or so. You are also automatically leveled up/down to the right range and teleported to where you need to be to participate. Applying that to FF14 shouldn't be so hard, especailly if you use existing FATE's as the content for them and portal players from one to the next. It would also mean that those Boss FATE's actually get enough people to do them, which would be nice. A lot of the content is already designed and in game for it to work, all that's missing is a way to queue up for it.

You wouldn't need tanks or healers or anything, so queue times should be fast, and it also wouldn't prevent others out in the world from joining in those same FATE's either. It's one of those situations where everyone involved would be a winner. If nothing else it would be nice to have another means to level up. One that's less monotonous than PvP and POTD.

As I look over my logs I see a ton of room for improvement, but I can't help but notice my ranking is tied to group comp and their skill (i.e. kill time) more so than my individual skill. In WoW, the only thing that really affected me was kill time. Other than hero/bl which every raid group is nigh guaranteed to have my performance is strictly based on me.

In FF14, I'm reliant on my team knowing how to manage their party wide dps buffs and uptimes, I'm reliant on specific jobs for specific buffs too which kind of sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    As I look over my logs I see a ton of room for improvement, but I can't help but notice my ranking is tied to group comp and their skill (i.e. kill time) more so than my individual skill. In WoW, the only thing that really affected me was kill time. Other than hero/bl which every raid group is nigh guaranteed to have my performance is strictly based on me.

In FF14, I'm reliant on my team knowing how to manage their party wide dps buffs and uptimes, I'm reliant on specific jobs for specific buffs too which kind of sucks
    Only because WoW facerollerized™ or removed any kind of cross party DPS buffs. I still remember being dependent on Mage buffs and Warlock debuffs.

A multiplayer teamwork design requiring teamwork to boost performance? MADNESS, I SAY!

A little part of me actually misses FFXI skill chains, but I have no idea how they'd be able to function in modern MMO design.

So i'm lvl.66 on FSH finishing off my crafting and gathering lvl'ing and in Yanxia i'm getting the 'you can sense fish but dont know where' message. In HW this meant you needed cloud or lava fishing, is there a new kind of fishing or does that just mean its gig spear fishing only in that area?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    A multiplayer teamwork design requiring teamwork to boost performance? MADNESS, I SAY!

A little part of me actually misses FFXI skill chains, but I have no idea how they'd be able to function in modern MMO design.
    I guess we will see when Nexon releases that FFXI remake. If its still happening that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only because WoW facerollerized™ or removed any kind of cross party DPS buffs. I still remember being dependent on Mage buffs and Warlock debuffs.
    Did somebody say Windfury Totem?

No, casters didn't need nor care for it, but it's the same general concept of buff dependancy (any and all melee wanted that back then). For casters, there was Totem of Wrath at one point, which made at least one shaman the "wrath bitch" since that meant not using searing/magma totem.

Honestly missed some of that stuff as time went on in WoW, but that's just the salty shaman part of me speaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm lvl.66 on FSH finishing off my crafting and gathering lvl'ing and in Yanxia i'm getting the 'you can sense fish but dont know where' message. In HW this meant you needed cloud or lava fishing, is there a new kind of fishing or does that just mean its gig spear fishing only in that area?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we will see when Nexon releases that FFXI remake. If its still happening that is.
    That happened to me in Ruby Sea and one other area at some point; I believe I had to complete the class quests in order for that to go away...or at least that's what I recall happening. Got that message when trying to fish, decided to do the quest, came back and was able to fish with no issue. Weather remained the same, and only the day/time cycle had changed, but I've never encountered an area where you couldn't fish at all due to time of day.

I assume that would be the lvl.67 quest then. Which means a good hour of fishing or a bunch of gil spent one fishing leves.