10+ Year Old Account
    If @Alae doesn't appear soon, I'll set it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvin Lewis, Bengals HC, stepping away for a few days to deal with a medical issue. Doesn't sound problematic, but is something to keep an eye on.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, well then, not THAT innocent it seems.

"Per source close to Bengals Marvin Lewis dealing w blood clot in ankle. Taking meds to breakup. While he wants to coach thru, needs bed rest"

Blood clots are no joke. If it comes loose and hits the wrong spot or if he gets another one, that's serious issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, this is quite interesting too: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ontrol-issues/

I didn't read too much into the news that Titans were selling 1/3rd of the team, but apparently there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that needs to be settled that hasn't been settled so far and might even get more difficult to solve.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch. Cowboys DE Tyrone Crawford may have serious knee injury.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...84940676788226

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, apparently not knee, but ankle. Don't click if squeamish: https://twitter.com/fishsports/statu...84498764800000

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done that to my ankle. Usually a bad sprain.

Although my ankles are capable of going 90 degrees without harm normally so many be my anecdote shouldn't apply xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, this is a thing now:

Patriots have their own planes (2 of them) cause the normal airlines don't have enough planes anymore to support all the teams, meaning they might end up with botched travel arrangements if they rely on commercial airflight.

Not that it probably matters much to a team/owner as rich as Patriots/Kraft, but I hope they are able to recoup some of the money spent on that cause that's probably pretty expensive.

Seattle actually had their own plane at some point and sold it cause the costs were too much, so there's some precedent to this type of thing (and that was 1 plane not 2) and it turning out too expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman signed an extension.

"5 years, $41.25M for Freeman on an extension through 2020."

Rapoport

That's quite a lot, but it's not Le'Veon Bell money (or at least what Bell wants). Falcons could have been off worse with this deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    MAH BOY DEVONTA GETTING PAID

caps

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even as much as i dislike Cutler, i think he will probably have a decent season, i don't think anyone can be successful in Chicago, and he was a product of that dysfunction.

On that note, i think my Patriots (live 25 minutes from the stadium baby!) are going to dominate this year. Probably be the Pats vs *GASP* the Cowboys or the Pack this year. I dont see Atlanta making it back after that disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    more money than I would give to a two-down back, but its their team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Even as much as i dislike Cutler, i think he will probably have a decent season, i don't think anyone can be successful in Chicago, and he was a product of that dysfunction.

On that note, i think my Patriots (live 25 minutes from the stadium baby!) are going to dominate this year. Probably be the Pats vs *GASP* the Cowboys or the Pack this year. I dont see Atlanta making it back after that disaster.
    Cowboys aren't getting anywhere close to the Super Bowl.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wilfork retired a Patriot today. I know I am biased, but I feel while the "numbers" don't put him in the Hall of Fame, anyone who know's what role he played know he was one of the best ever at his position and should be in Canton one day.

NT is a position that numbers don't say much since their job is to block 2-3 people and let the others get the stats. He should get into the HoF pretty soon after he is eligible, but the HoF voters are kind of special for the most part. They are finally letting more special team guys in, so hopefully by that time the old writers that don't follow anything aren't voters anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right ankle lateral sprain for Tyron Crawford. Doesn't seem to be a serious injury.

Tyron Smith dealing with back stuff. Tightness, it sounds. Not practicing. Probably just gonna be a "rest up til the season" type thing to keep him healthy. Offensive line isn't as deep as it was last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I care about seeing tonight is DeSean Watson and Christian McCaffrey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only thing I care about seeing tonight is DeSean Watson and Christian McCaffrey.
    Deshaun**

Yeah, honestly, I don;t care. I just want to watch football with some actual consequences. I already saw Kawann Short and Kelvin Benjamin making plays and it's the best.

Players are actually fighting for jobs here, fighting for playing minutes. This is football where players give a shit and have some ability (and not like the 3rd and 4th stringers last week).

This is so good.

Actually, scratch that. That was awful by Savage. He;s definitely not starting beyond the first few weeks if that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so far, Savage looking like the guy that lucked into a starting role. Kelvin Benjamin looking like the guy everyone hoped he was before he was always hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don;t know what the fuck they are doing wth the camera work, but that was awful.

They zoomed in so that the bottom receiver was completely off screen, kept it there while the QB dropped back and released, and only then did they hastily get Benjamin on screen just before he caught the ball. He should have been on screen the whole time, damnit.

- - - Updated - - -

They missed most of the important stuff (release and getting free of his defender) and only caught the end bit where he cautgh the TD. That was stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoyable game so far. DeShaun Watson has looked capable at times. McCaffrey looked good the few plays he was in.

- - - Updated - - -

TD DeShaun Watson. He's playing with and against back ups right now, but he's definitely had his moments.

Texans still down 1 TD against the Panthers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's making good decisions, but I'm a little worried he might still have a "run first" mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He's making good decisions, but I'm a little worried he might still have a "run first" mentality.
    That's easy to fix. The bigger problem is his accuracy on short and medium throws. That was the knock on him and that's what he'll need to prove he can do, otherwise he'll have trouble against any team that forces his throws short.

Can;t say I noticed any problems with accuracy today, and he did have some underneath throws. NOthing where it was in tight coverage though, mostly his guys were running to the sideline with a step on their defender. So it might be that the Texans are specifically shielding him from having to make throws he;s not good at right now.

Also very possible that when the all 22 film is out that film study will show he still made bad throws. I'm not qualified to say anything about that, let alone just based on TV view.

That TE Chicago drafted has been looking mighty impressive. Saheel or something? Div II school, so we'll see how it all shakes out. Nonetheless I was watching some footage on the kid- not too shabby.

NFL preseason...all I hope for is no injuries. Nothing that happens in the exhibition means anything come regular season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    NFL preseason...all I hope for is no injuries.
    Amen to that.

Patriots first game in about 10 min. Players I hope to see in live action to see if they stand the eye test: Rookies Rivers, Wise and Butler (Adam, in this case, a DT). Also hope to see how the linebackers fare with Hightower not there and who gets to play where. Hope to see the secondary shine (the back ups that is cause I doubt the starters play much if any.

Belichick has been moving players around along the D-line and at linebacker during training camp so we don;t really have any idea what the plan is there. They'll undoubtedly do more shifting around to look at how players work out at different spots tonight, but I hope to at least get some kind of idea what the plan is.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then. It's been all rookies and back ups on the field, yet Dion Lewis is out there. That's certainly unexpected. That basically means he's on the roster bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Craaaaaaaaaap. Deathrich Wise down. He's been looking VERY good in training camp and his position (edge/interior rusher) is one of the few Patriots have no depth. We need him to be okay. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

My heart kind of goes out to him, cause he got a ridiculous amount of hate last year, but it has every bit the feel of it that Cyrus Jones just isn;t good enough at football to make the team.

First let his guy get behind him, then made a rookie mistake in miss-timing his looking back and mishandling the situation by slowing down. Got burnt for a 97 yard TD. Then came back for the kick off, ran it out and got stopped within the 10 yard line.

He's going to get a LOT of flak again tomorrow in the media and I'm not sure if he won't just let it get to him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could watch these pre season games...