10+ Year Old Account

Any new graphics card in development?

So I am thinking about upgrading my graphics card for Assassin's Creed Origins which comes out around late October. Are there any next gen cards in the works, or any new models of the GTX 1080 TI that's coming out around that time? Or should I just buy a new GPU right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So I am thinking about upgrading my graphics card for Assassin's Creed Origins which comes out around late October. Are there any next gen cards in the works, or any new models of the GTX 1080 TI that's coming out around that time?
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvid...specifications

I mean it's speculation, but since we're already in August, I'd say waiting 4 more months couldn't hurt.

So I am thinking about upgrading my graphics card for Assassin's Creed Origins which comes out around late October. Are there any next gen cards in the works, or any new models of the GTX 1080 TI that's coming out around that time? Or should I just buy a new GPU right now?
    There are always new graphics cards in development. Always. If you choose to wait because something better might be around the corner, you'll never upgrade because something better is always around the corner. The time to buy is when you are no longer getting the performance you desire and you have the money to do so, not when something new comes out.

AMD Vega is getting released in 4 days. Nvidia Volta will probably come out only early next year. Though Assassin's Creed Origins doesn't have some immense requirements. I've read something about GTX 780 being the recommended GPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be mistaken - there is always new technology being developed. For instance, NVidia was in the beginning stages of the 1000 series of GPUs as far back as when the 700s were launching, no doubt. Don't quote me, but I will put money on that. I mean shit, they already have names for future GPU families, just the same as AMD or Intel for CPU/chipset families, years in advance, when the ones coming out prior aren't even launched yet.

So yes, there are always new cards in development. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

yes, GeForces Voltas (likely including a GTX 2080 and maybe a $1200-1500 Volta Titan) should be coming out anywhere between Q4 2017 and Q2 2018

if you can wait for them then I would wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    There are always new graphics cards in development. Always. If you choose to wait because something better might be around the corner, you'll never upgrade because something better is always around the corner. The time to buy is when you are no longer getting the performance you desire and you have the money to do so, not when something new comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't be mistaken - there is always new technology being developed. For instance, NVidia was in the beginning stages of the 1000 series of GPUs as far back as when the 700s were launching, no doubt. Don't quote me, but I will put money on that. I mean shit, they already have names for future GPU families, just the same as AMD or Intel for CPU/chipset families, years in advance, when the ones coming out prior aren't even launched yet.

So yes, there are always new cards in development. :P
    Good point. I want to get a new card soon-ish, but if the wait reasonable, like let's say a month, then I am willing to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point. I want to get a new card soon-ish, but if the wait reasonable, like let's say a month, then I am willing to do that.
    A month? Certainly not for NVidia unless surprise surprise.

If AMD's CPUs lately are anything to go off of, this GPU launch COULD be good, but they're different segments and one can suck while the other is breaking quantum physics, tbh. lol

- - - Updated - - -

What card do you have right now? What games are you playing right now? What resolution do you play at?

For the record... what kind of CPU do you have? What kind of HDD/SSD are you running Windows/games off of?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A month? Certainly not for NVidia unless surprise surprise.

If AMD's CPUs lately are anything to go off of, this GPU launch COULD be good, but they're different segments and one can suck while the other is breaking quantum physics, tbh. lol

- - - Updated - - -

What card do you have right now? What games are you playing right now? What resolution do you play at?

For the record... what kind of CPU do you have? What kind of HDD/SSD are you running Windows/games off of?
    I have a regular GTX 1080 and play at 4k. I run Windows off a SSD and games off a Seagate HDD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gahhhh replace that HDD with a dedicated SSD for games!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to read the trivia on loading screens though.