Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    ur job is to protect people and hold agro, clearly he did not. im not saying rogue is not an idiot either but its clear that both are at fault

if you let someone die on purpose you just slow the group down and youre being childish, very very childish
    So if a random DPS decides to be an a-hole and Leroy Jenkins​ the entire dungeon or raid, pulling everything back to the gepup and causinga wipe, the tank is "childish" for not trying to get a handle on the situation instead of just letting the moron die?

Im sorry, but holding the tank responsible for the complete and utter idiocy of the DPS is bass ackwards. What's next, blaming healers when players stand in the fire? GTFO with that crap!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-11 at 03:24 AM.

The tank is in the right. This is how dungeon hierarchy goes like this: Tank says what to pull > Healer says how fast to pull > DPS shuts the hell up and kills what is pulled.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

this game has finally reached the lowest point possible when ppl start asking if that rogue may be right...

what once was a great game became an utterly bullshit hangout place for the lowest possible retards.

(maybe its better blizz kill healer/tank roles and ppl roflstomp over that pisseasy shit until bored...)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-11 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    But the problem with that is that you are assuming it's your right to set the pace of the group. the tank could have very valid reasons he's not pulling faster. Maybe he shouldn't be tanking, sure, but if you're on a DPS that's your choice. You pulling, even to a level of "What I think is safe" could fluster the tank, throw him off his game, impact his ability to keep up if he's inexperienced... At that point it's become all about you and maybe you should stay away from group content with that mentality.
    The reality is that 5man content isn't exactly challenging and there's different ways to practice or see said content before actually stepping foot into it - be it the proving grounds ingame, or watching tank guides on youtube, doing the content first as a DPS to experience it, etc. If the tank doesn't want to do any of that and would rather step into a dungeon blind or without ever having tanked anything before (again, they can practice actual tank gameplay via proving grounds or even lower lvl instances solo), then he is doing a disservice to four other people. To me, that is pretty selfish on his part and perhaps HE should step away from group content with that mentality.

When i used to tank it was the same.You pull it,you tank it.
    Ofc that doesn't mean i will let you die just to prove a point but i won't leave group or chase you across the dungeon to save you either.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this game has finally reached the lowest point possible when ppl start asking if that rogue may be right...

what once was a great game became an utterly bullshit hangout place for the lowest possible retards.

(maybe its better blizz kill healer/tank roles and ppl roflstomp over that pisseasy shit until bored...)
    Blame the power creep when dps started to be able to solo a heroic dungeon before we even hit halfway mark in the expansion (they already could in the previous tier). The only places where dps are actually punished for this "gogogo pull stuff" thing is timewalking and medium to high m+, otherwise they don't give a rat's ass.

Levelling dungeons are also a mess, first heirlooms, then you come to legion dungeons and you get from time to time these "101 twinks" that just destroy everything. Good job Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    The reality is that 5man content isn't exactly challenging and there's different ways to practice or see said content before actually stepping foot into it - be it the proving grounds ingame, or watching tank guides on youtube, doing the content first as a DPS to experience it, etc. If the tank doesn't want to do any of that and would rather step into a dungeon blind or without ever having tanked anything before (again, they can practice actual tank gameplay via proving grounds or even lower lvl instances solo), then he is doing a disservice to four other people. To me, that is pretty selfish on his part and perhaps HE should step away from group content with that mentality.
    Again, as a DPS you're making an assumption you're not entitled to make. It's still all about you. I think personally that yes, the people who take the more thankless roles (tanks, heals) do get more of a say. There's more riding on their shoulders. As a DPS you're far more replaceable. You're taking the easier role. That's fine, that's your choice, but just remember that everything has a trade-off.

As many others have said if you don't consider a tank fast enough, then tank. I say the same thing every time a insta-lock Genji or Hanzo spams "We need a healer!" in Overwatch. "So bloody pick one."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idiots saying the tank is the asshole are all wrong. Period. Let the tank pull. That is all
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

To me i have always felt it is up to the tank and to a less extent the healer when it comes to how fast to pull. DPS who pull wanting it to go faster better know they can tank it themselves if they pull like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Again, as a DPS you're making an assumption you're not entitled to make. It's still all about you. I think personally that yes, the people who take the more thankless roles (tanks, heals) do get more of a say. There's more riding on their shoulders. As a DPS you're far more replaceable. You're taking the easier role. That's fine, that's your choice, but just remember that everything has a trade-off.

As many others have said if you don't consider a tank fast enough, then tank. I say the same thing every time a insta-lock Genji or Hanzo spams "We need a healer!" in Overwatch. "So bloody pick one."
    In my original post I said I mainly tank or heal. I rarely dps in dungeons. Same with Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    Being DD in mainspecc I'm 100% with the tank. Sometimes I'm doing that myself when I tank a dungeon. And the DDs' gogogo-attitude pisses me off. Nearly in every single dungeon group there's a rogue, hunter or even more often Demon Hunter who runs ahead pulling without any idea of the concept of different runspeeds for different classes.

And it really puts stress on me, even if it's only a hc or m+0.

The healer obviously. Always blame the healer.

It's the Rogues fault for not being able to handle what he went ahead and pulled. If you can handle it, I don't see a problem. I had to do this on my affliction lock or my DPS was nonexistent until the 90s. DoT and run would kill everything for a long time. I've also went ahead and pulled on my Rogue, but that's because I knew what I was pulling posed no threat to me. If I died I would apologize for inconveniencing the group.

Pulling ahead as a DPS is obviously easier to do at lower levels and becomes increasingly more difficult later.

Everyone saying the tank is in the wrong for not tanking is dense. The tank pulls at his own pace so he can handle the fights, if someone grabs extra shit and it'll cause a wipe (or even just a tank death,) feck it, let that guy die, he was the ninja puller anyway. He wants a faster run, he can tank or queue with people via LFM asking for a fast group.

Tank is in the right for letting the Rogue be an asshole to himself and getting himself killed. Rogue is just impatient and needs to respect that he isn't the tank and doesn't know the skill level of the one he has in his group.

"You pull, you tank" is completely acceptable when the pulls are on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So if a random DPS decides to be an a-hole and Leroy Jenkins​ the entire dungeon or raid, pulling everything back to the gepup and causinga wipe, the tank is "childish" for not trying to get a handle on the situation instead of just letting the moron die?

Im sorry, but holding the tank responsible for the complete and utter idiocy of the DPS is bass ackwards. What's next, blaming healers when players stand in the fire? GTFO with that crap!
    throw your aoe in that group, line of sight so they are grouped up together, aoe, problem solved

tanks are so entitled when they have literally the easiest job
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You wait for the tank,remember how hard and long it took to get a decent tank in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    What was the healer doing?
    If they were smart not healing the dps pulling since they will be the ones ending up with aggro and dying.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you can survive and kill things without the tank, pull as much as you want to, as fast as you want to, ignore the tanks existance for all it matters.

If you can't, and you actually need the tank to tank things, he chooses the pace, and you suck it up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% the rogue is at fault. He didn't use Tricks of the Trade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The "you pull, you tank" mentally is out of touch and just retarded thinking.

It's the tanks JOB to tank shit REGARDLESS of how it was aggroed. That kind of mindset is unacceptable in LFD and LFR imo.
    Pulling a tantrum because he ninja pulled and died by its own mistake is also retarded thinking. Just saying.

About the post... meh, neither are correct, for reasons mentioned above. If the rogue dies by pulling just because he was impatient and then complains, that's just retarded and immature. And the tank needs to be more patient and warn before saying "you pull you tank".
    Last edited by mmocefc9cb3cf7; 2017-08-11 at 05:34 AM.