Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If the Veil of Shadows is true then 7.3 will be released ~week after GamesCom

And it will be the last patch of this expansion which will give us content for about 5 months until Veil of Shadows is released in January 2018. I think it's very, very possible this could happen, especially with announcement at GamesCom. I am not really excited, personally, about this expansion though.

7.3 will most likely be released end of August by applying the 77 days rule. 7.3.5 with Antorus will follow 11 weeks later one week after Blizzcon. The new expansion will never ever get a January release, that would mean making Antorus (the most important tier when it comes to WoW lore) a 3 months raid tier.

Beta start in January? Yes. Expansion release? Impossible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Is 7.3.5 confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Is 7.3.5 confirmed?
    The raid will probably be out in that patch. So expect the raid to come out 11 weeks after 7.3 hits live.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

VoS being real or not has nothing to do with 7.3 being released a week after Gamescom, that was already going to happen regardless.

Veil of Shadows is not real.

Jesus.

We aint gonna find out till Nov at blizzcon

The raid is prolly gonna come out after blizzcon and last prolly about the same as HFC unless blizz is well into development.

Is 7.3.5 confirmed?
    Yes, 7.3 brings Argus ("Shadows of Argus" patch) and 7.3.5 the raid Antorus, The Burning Throne. By applying the 77 days rule you'll get to a 7.3 release end of August (29th) and a 7.3.5 release mid November (14th).

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post

Jesus.
    It's more likely to be real than fake right now.

I really hope this past tier is longer. The faster development cycle is nice but I really want to make the most of this expansion and the looming threat that the next one is in beta soon before the third raid is even out makes me a little uncomfortable. Do you really want a new expansion Already? History is not on our side. I don't expect it to be as voluminous as legion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted

Jesus.
    the fact that a doman registration on the same platform blizz used for past expansions was registered in 2013 along with the past expacs as aswell only for the exact same name to be "leaked" now is a very very lucky coincidence if it were fake?

two thousand fking thirteen, fking 4 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    the fact that a doman registration on the same platform blizz used for past expansions was registered in 2013 along with the past expacs as aswell only for the exact same name to be "leaked" now is a very very lucky coincidence if it were fake?

two thousand fking thirteen, fking 4 years ago
    Isn't it possible that other people know about Blizzard owning the domain and went with a name they owned when making up their fake leak?

Just a thought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Isn't it possible that other people know about Blizzard owning the domain and went with a name they owned when making up their fake leak?

Just a thought
    but stil the fact that this domain was made in 2013, same with mop and wod, and that this name wasnt tossed around untill now, in 2017 is like wut? it has to be true, but nowadays idk anything

Deleted
    And it will be the last patch of this expansion which will give us content for about 5 months until Veil of Shadows is released in January 2018. I think it's very, very possible this could happen, especially with announcement at GamesCom. I am not really excited, personally, about this expansion though.
    #1 VoS is FAKE
    #2 7.3 will be out on 29th because of 7.3 Trailer @ gamescon
    #3 7.3 WONT be the latest patch as 7.3.5 opens the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's more likely to be real than fake right now.
    A couple of reasons to why Veil of Shadows isn't real:

- The font used in the leaked picture is called Metallophile Sp8, and was licensed solely for use in marketing the Legion expansion.
    - The "text" part of the leak is clearly copy/pasted, so the leaker has been sitting at the computer at one point.
    - Despite having had direct access to the computer, he chose to take a blurry picture from a phone at a very unlikely angle. Why?
    - The glow effects on the titles are just plain awful. Blizzard would never go this overboard or even use such a cliché text effect.
    - The grammar is not great either. Furthermore, the descriptions use a lot of terms that would be considered amateurish by Blizzard and even most D&D players.
    - Refers to Magni as "King of Diamonds" to take advantage of Il'gynoth's foreshadowing and lend credibility to the "leak". Too obvious.

And the WHOIS thing is no proof. I just spend 10 seconds making up another guess at an expansion name and came up with SEAOFSHADOWS.COM.

Another domain without any content which coincidentally also has been registered in August of 2013. What's your point?

The guy behind this "leak" clearly isn't a complete moron. If I were to try and make a fake leak, I'd also try a bunch of domains first. You're buying right into his nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    7.3 will most likely be released end of August by applying the 77 days rule. 7.3.5 with Antorus will follow 11 weeks later one week after Blizzcon. The new expansion will never ever get a January release, that would mean making Antorus (the most important tier when it comes to WoW lore) a 3 months raid tier.

Why would they even have a release date there then? There's never been a beta release date on the official sites before.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of reasons to why Veil of Shadows isn't real:

- The font used in the leaked picture is called Metallophile Sp8, and was licensed solely for use in marketing the Legion expansion.
    - The "text" part of the leak is clearly copy/pasted, so the leaker has been sitting at the computer at one point.
    - Despite having had direct access to the computer, he chose to take a blurry picture from a phone at a very unlikely angle. Why?
    - The glow effects on the titles are just plain awful. Blizzard would never go this overboard or even use such a cliché text effect.
    - The grammar is not great either. Furthermore, the descriptions use a lot of terms that would be considered amateurish by Blizzard and even most D&D players.
    - Refers to Magni as "King of Diamonds" to take advantage of Il'gynoth's foreshadowing and lend credibility to the "leak". Too obvious.

And the WHOIS thing is no proof. I just spend 10 seconds making up another guess at an expansion name and came up with SEAOFSHADOWS.COM.

Another domain without any content which coincidentally also has been registered in August of 2013. What's your point?

The guy behind this "leak" clearly isn't a complete moron. If I were to try and make a fake leak, I'd also try a bunch of domains first. You're buying right into his nonsense.
    There's also the "Moira Dark Iron" shit, like wtf, her name isn't Dark Iron.

You're buying right into his nonsense.
    Great, we'll find out soon. I don't feel ashamed to think that the Veil of Shadows leak is real because for me most of it makes sense and all the "coincidences" are a bit too much to be just that. If you think it's fake, fine, I have no problems with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Why would they even have a release date there then? There's never been a beta release date on the official sites before.
    As I said in the other thread the date is just there. It's not stated if it's a release date or anything else. Maybe it's the date the preorder starts? We don't know.

My thoughts on this would be the January date would be the pre-patch, maybe they release the old updated zones then.

Deleted
    7.3 will be coming after gamescon.

Antorus will come with patch 7.3.5 somewhere after blizzcon, which means there will be enough content until April 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    My thoughts on this would be the January date would be the pre-patch, maybe they release the old updated zones then.
    Prepatch is not going to happen until the tier is reaching it's end, which is around 5 months, so not before May.

I highly doubt we are only getting three months of Antorus, possibly only weeks of it before the pre-patch would have to come out.

If anything else, that timeline makes no sense.

Everyone is expecting 7.3 to launch the week after GamesCom, because thats when the 11 week window is up. But after that, it falls apart.
    ToS did not have its 4-5 month yet, and by the time that happens its november already, so thats when Antorus launches, which needs at least another 4-5 months, if its the last raid in the expansion probably longer.

So just going by the raids, a launch before April '18 is practically impossible, a launch before summer is unlikely.

More realistically, a similar timeline as Legion is far more likely. Announce on GamesCom, release a year later at end of August.