Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If someone pulls extra on accident then you help them. Its happened to us all so no big deal. If they do it on purpose then either they're doing it with threat redirection or they're telling me they can handle it and I ignore them. Player power today is so high that if you wanted to you could (and I have with several classes) solo to level cap soloing at level dungeons and raids. If they can't handle an extra mob or two that sucks for them but I'm busy and want to be done asap so I can move onto the next one. I assume we all value or time and I'm not wasting it saving lemmings.

the tank is right, is soooooooo anoying to tank when someone agro first, isnot about to get agro back, is about to clump the group, positioning and more, in skitish week is even worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The Rogue doing a job he isn't there to do (pulling) is equally cunty to the tank NOT doing a job he's there to do (tanking). Yes, if you refuse to tank mobs as a tank, you're being a cunt. Sometimes (rarely, for people who keep doing it a lot despite being asked not to) that's warranted.
    But the rogue doing the job he isn't meant for, can at some stages cause the tank not to be able to do the job he should. Yes, the tank should tank as should the rogue dps, doesn't hurt to permit the tank to actually do HIS/HER role. A DPS pull, after all, means no threat. Have to start picking up the mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    If someone pulls extra on accident then you help them. Its happened to us all so no big deal. If they do it on purpose then either they're doing it with threat redirection or they're telling me they can handle it and I ignore them. Player power today is so high that if you wanted to you could (and I have with several classes) solo to level cap soloing at level dungeons and raids. If they can't handle an extra mob or two that sucks for them but I'm busy and want to be done asap so I can move onto the next one. I assume we all value or time and I'm not wasting it saving lemmings.
    Of course, if by accident that couldn't be prevented, then of course we just have to bite the sour apple and clean up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, the tank dying means everyone is likely to die soon after. The tank letting that rogue die most likely means a slight delay in clearing the dungeon. So you heal the tank even if he deserves to die because otherwise you'll die too.

I mean I agree that it's not the ideal way to deal with this. And I doubt that the new and inexperienced tank will just let the rogue die on purpose (though the new and inexperienced tank may not notice in time or may not be able to pick the trash fast enough) it will mostly be an experienced tank. I mean in practice when someone pulls for you without even discussing it first, they are telling you you are a crap tank and they can do it better than you.
    in a low level leveling dungeon ? are you kidding ? you can solo that shit with easy if in looms -_-

this reminds me good time in mop when butthurt tanks were throwing tantrums and you could easily solo hc dungeons in soo gear - was hillarius watch them loose their shit and kicking them for misbehaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The tank is in the right, the rogue don't like it, rogue can reroll.
    Or kick the tank.

ive recently ran into this problem, im a 930 tank who has tanked lots of 18-20 m+'s, a week ago i queued into a heroic and without a chance to even pull i had the dps going bananas, i cant imagine what this is like for a new tank and how demoralizing it must be.

needless to say i left the dungeon after the second pull of nobody even giving me the chance to pull, im not going to sit in a group with monkeys who literally cant wait .5 seconds for me to get my dungeon gear on.

it boils down to a lack of respect.

Both are kinda rtards. But if i had to take a side. I would side with the tank.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you go as a tank, you can be pulling half the dungeon and there's still this one guy who decides you're going to slow. '"cmon move go go."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But the rogue doing the job he isn't meant for, can at some stages cause the tank not to be able to do the job he should. Yes, the tank should tank as should the rogue dps, doesn't hurt to permit the tank to actually do HIS/HER role. A DPS pull, after all, means no threat. Have to start picking up the mobs.
    So you mean people should cater to the abilities of the worst player in the group (in your case the tank), which is fair. Do you also think that kicking bad DPS is cunty? You can't have both, that makes you a hypocrite. If you want to be able to be the worst player in the group as the tank and have everyone follow your lead, kicking poor DPS should be equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Depends on what "tank going at his pace" means. If everyone is constantly topped and the healer seems bored he's probably not pulling big enough and just wasting everyones time. If "his pace" is a decent one, then yeah, you pull you tank.
    This, although even if he is going at a decent pace, he should still at least try to pick up and tank any adds that get pulled, seeing as that's literally his job.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the "go" guy. He is usually over-geared and chain pulling all packs. Getting us through the dungeon stupid fast. The "Do you wanna tank? Tank" is a shitbird.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you go as a tank, you can be pulling half the dungeon and there's still this one guy who decides you're going to slow. '"cmon move go go."
    I've been tanking for years, and I've gotten people asking me to go faster maybe 1-2% of the time, if that. Maybe you just need to get better?

Tank was in the right, rogue has too many tools to mitigate damage ie Evasion, Vanish, and ToTs.

Rogue was just retarded, also it was HC, he must of been beaten to death with wiffle bats.

I think a tank needs to keep up with the pace of the group. If they're arbitrarily slowing everyone down, then they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Mainly the rogue for prematurely pulling, as that's the tank job. A little bit of blame goes to the tank for that mentality. Tell the rogue not to do it again and move on.
    Doesn't work, a DPS like that never listens. Been there, done that. They need to die couple of times before they get it.

The tank is in the right. This is the fastest way for a DPS to learn his place. If the tank dies it's healer's fault. If the healer dies it's tank's fault. And if DPS dies it's their own damn fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Doesn't work, a DPS like that never listens. Been there, done that. They need to die couple of times before they get it.

The tank is in the right. This is the fastest way for a DPS to learn his place. If the tank dies it's healer's fault. If the healer dies it's tank's fault. And if DPS dies it's their own damn fault.
    Yeah no, that's not how it works.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post

You sound like a tank who just plain sucks at the game.

These adorable posts.

12 years of WoW, Tanks still feel entitled because "Tank", I am a tank too, have been for 12 years before you get butthurt about it.

Depending on the content and the outgearing of it anyone can do whatever the fuck they want, it is how it is.

HC Dungeon? Cleave the shit out of it.

Plain Mythic? Cleave the shit out of it.

M+10 and above? Usually people there know what to do.

Leveling? If you arent pulling and 1 shotting everything as a Tank, you are doing something wrong with all the heirlooms going around.

Etc, this obviously applies half-way into the expansion, not the first day/week.

Now, are you an undergeared group and you have a retard DPS? Try to save him, if he dies you are only gonna waste time arguing, use THE BRAIN, then try to get into their noob thick skull by letting them know you are a bad/undergeared group, still doesnt listen? Let him die, carry on with the rest, repeat till he gets it.

I have been asked to "pull faster" only when i am clearly slacking because i am tabbing out doing different shit while the group is obviously capable enough to do it without me which i usually inform them that i am gonna be slacking ,otherwise i simply pull myself to get things done.

Get over your entitlement.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Tanks should not impose their slow pace during timed dungeons. Up to heroic and normal mythic ok but getting into an M+ and saying "Hi I just restarted wow after 10 years and I suck so bare with me" well that just shows a wanker.
    That's true, but as we're talking about LFD it's not really relevant is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You sound like a tank who just plain sucks at the game.
    Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But if you enforce the groundrules from the get-go it's less stress for everyone involved. I don't see a reason why I should stress out because some idiot thinks I will always run to his rescue. My priority is protecting the raid group, not that one schmuck who thinks he can do it all by himself and potentially endangers the entire raid group.

If he wants to do it, by all means. But he's not paying my repair bills, and I'm not saving his ass when I told him to wait for the tank to pull first.