Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But if you enforce the groundrules from the get-go it's less stress for everyone involved. I don't see a reason why I should stress out because some idiot thinks I will always run to his rescue. My priority is protecting the raid group, not that one schmuck who thinks he can do it all by himself and potentially endangers the entire raid group.

If he wants to do it, by all means. But he's not paying my repair bills, and I'm not saving his ass when I told him to wait for the tank to pull first.
    Tanks who don't tank are equally bad (or worse, as the tank is doing it entirely out of spite and self-righteousness) as DPS who pull intentionally. In short, stop being a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    These adorable posts.

12 years of WoW, Tanks still feel entitled because "Tank", I am a tank too, have been for 12 years before you get butthurt about it.

Depending on the content and the outgearing of it anyone can do whatever the fuck they want, it is how it is.

HC Dungeon? Cleave the shit out of it.

Plain Mythic? Cleave the shit out of it.

M+10 and above? Usually people there know what to do.

Leveling? If you arent pulling and 1 shotting everything as a Tank, you are doing something wrong with all the heirlooms going around.

Etc, this obviously applies half-way into the expansion, not the first day/week.

Now, are you an undergeared group and you have a retard DPS? Try to save him, if he dies you are only gonna waste time arguing, use THE BRAIN, then try to get into their noob thick skull by letting them know you are a bad/undergeared group, still doesnt listen? Let him die, carry on with the rest, repeat till he gets it.

I have been asked to "pull faster" only when i am clearly slacking because i am tabbing out doing different shit while the group is obviously capable enough to do it without me which i usually inform them that i am gonna be slacking ,otherwise i simply pull myself to get things done.

Get over your entitlement.
    AMEN! but some tanks are so arrogant now. remember me (heal) and a overstuff dps friend in hero. he start to pull all the room, the butthurt tank start his "you pull, you tank" well... so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I've been tanking for years, and I've gotten people asking me to go faster maybe 1-2% of the time, if that. Maybe you just need to get better?
    That's why I said sometimes, not always, not often, sometimes.
    But hey, you just had to put a jab towards me in there didn't you?
    Whatever turns you on hotshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    AMEN! but some tanks are so arrogant now. remember me (heal) and a overstuff dps friend in hero. he start to pull all the room, the butthurt tank start his "you pull, you tank" well... so be it!

thats not arrogant, thats fair. A tank is not your personal whore free for any abuse you throw at him.

Any dps who starts to roleplay tank and pull packs, is seriously challenged when it comes to social skills.
    Regardless of what tank do or don't - the DPS is toxic and tries to force his "wrong" way of playing the game upon the rest.

Start going slower, let him die repeatedly, just do the opposite of what he wants.
    His insecurities will cause massive frustration for him, which he might even take all the way to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Any dps who starts to roleplay tank and pull packs, is seriously challenged when it comes to social skills.
    Regardless of what tank do or don't - the DPS is toxic and tries to force his "wrong" way of playing the game upon the rest.

Start going slower, let him die repeatedly, just do the opposite of what he wants.
    His insecurities will cause massive frustration for him, which he might even take all the way to the forums.
    I am so glad I have Tricks on my Rogue alt to deal with no-skilled tanks. It's really pretty shocking how many people are still self-righteous and arrogant because they choose to play tank (a role with a slight bit of extra responsibility, and much less requirement for skill). And I say that as a tank main.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you mean people should cater to the abilities of the worst player in the group (in your case the tank), which is fair. Do you also think that kicking bad DPS is cunty? You can't have both, that makes you a hypocrite. If you want to be able to be the worst player in the group as the tank and have everyone follow your lead, kicking poor DPS should be equally bad.
    No, people should cater to the damn role they sign as. Just like people shouldn't go full out DPS specc when they signed as a healer or tank, expecting someone else to clean up for them. And yes, a bad dps should be kicked if the ilvl doesn't really match the dps.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's exactly what I thought about the topic when I saw it.

It's just... degradation. Stupid questions that shouldn't even be asked. This was a good game once, now you have to go solo to protect your heart and sanity from the idiocy it has become...

Hey, I used to go to Elitist Jerks, remember that site? Lots of math, good discussions. What goes for "analysis" now is just... Same for gold making, same for lore wars, same for everything, it all is such a shade of former self, it almost gets you to tears...

I don't even want to participate in discussions about WoW anymore, it is too depressing.
    sad but true.

when someone yells GOGOGO I usually start going, whatever happens I don't care. I just go.
    tho when people get abusive I'll pull a boss and gtfo
    hit & run posting lol

Tanks who don't tank are equally bad (or worse, as the tank is doing it entirely out of spite and self-righteousness) as DPS who pull intentionally. In short, stop being a cunt.
    Which part of "I'm not here to die because of you" don't you understand? Do I look like Jesus Christ on a cross to you? Do you hear me saying: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they are doing?"

If they don't know how to be a team player, I'm not going to stick my neck out for them. They want to fly solo, I let them. After they die one, two, three times, they get the message, and get back in line. I see it as much needed corrective measure for their rotten behaviour. After that, they know really well what it means that the tank pulls, healer heals, and damage dealers DPS. And everyone is happy.

You can argue all you want against it, but it works. And it keeps my repair bills low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad I have Tricks on my Rogue alt to deal with no-skilled tanks. It's really pretty shocking how many people are still self-righteous and arrogant because they choose to play tank (a role with a slight bit of extra responsibility, and much less requirement for skill). And I say that as a tank main.
    "they choose to play tank (a role with a slight bit of extra responsibility, and much less requirement for skill). And I say that as a tank main." - You know, I normally say that about DPS a lot of the time. And I say that as a Tank/DPS main.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I get irritated when A) I'm topping the meters in both ST and AoE but someone lesser geared decides "this tank is too slow,"and B) when someone pulls a boss as I wait for th rest of the group to catch up.

Honestly, as a tank I give no fucks. If someone else pulls I let them handle the aggro. What're they gonna do, kick me? I can get another queue in no time. And sprinting around like a jackass pulling everything in sight means I can't pull one huge pack and deal with them, I have to gather like 3 smaller groups together because 99% of the time someone just aggroes and then drags them backwards.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, people should cater to the damn role they sign as. Just like people shouldn't go full out DPS specc when they signed as a healer or tank, expecting someone else to clean up for them. And yes, a bad dps should be kicked if the ilvl doesn't really match the dps.
    So you're a hypocrite then. You want to be allowed to be bad, but you won't allow others to be, just because you chose to play the easiest spec (to be clear, tank main here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Which part of "I'm not here to die because of you" don't you understand? Do I look like Jesus Christ on a cross to you? Do you hear me saying: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they are doing?"

If they don't know how to be a team player, I'm not going to stick my neck out for them. They want to fly solo, I let them. After they die one, two, three times, they get the message, and get back in line. I see it as much needed corrective measure for their rotten behaviour. After that, they know really well what it means that the tank pulls, healer heals, and damage dealers DPS. And everyone is happy.

You can argue all you want against it, but it works. And it keeps my repair bills low.
    Don't get kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    "they choose to play tank (a role with a slight bit of extra responsibility, and much less requirement for skill). And I say that as a tank main." - You know, I normally say that about DPS a lot of the time. And I say that as a Tank/DPS main.
    If you don't think tanks have a lower requirement for skill, then you haven't played many specs to their potential. A tank in a casual+ raid environment has to survive and taunt occasionally, full stop. DPS they bring is a bonus at that level. Them surviving being attributed to healers or another tank doesn't matter, the tank itself is passable. The same does not go for a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    thats not arrogant, thats fair. A tank is not your personal whore free for any abuse you throw at him.
    Expecting him to do his job isn't abuse.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by sjuk View Post
    What was the healer doing?
    DPSing. What do you think he was doing?

Rogue is in the wrong this time. If you want to do stupid stuff then make sure you can back it up.

If I was tank? Early stuff, I would just roll on in at my own leisure and pick them up. Let the rouge get a bit worried just to let him know that he should only grab what they can handle. Timewalking onward? Let the idiot die. Even stand next to him to wait to pick the mobs up when he is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    that's faire? tank job is to tank, mine is to heal even if after 12 years tanks still tanking in stairs, behind walls, dps out of my aoe heal, in fire or with that fucking hunter still at 548552 km. i deal with it and try to heal, if i failed well not my fault dudes! i do my best too clean your shit. or i can be a butthurt diva and let the tank die and keep regen far behind and say "I decide to heal when I want, when I AM ready and when it pease ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    or i can be a butthurt diva and let the tank die and keep regen far behind and say "I decide to heal when I want, when I AM ready and when it pease ME!"
    And you can thank all those "gogogo" dps who are pulling, for conditioning tanks to go at the fastest speed possible. Most tanks would love to wait with you a second to get some mana back but have to go forth and pull because otherwise dps will.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    DPSing. What do you think he was doing?

Rogue is in the wrong this time. If you want to do stupid stuff then make sure you can back it up.

If I was tank? Early stuff, I would just roll on in at my own leisure and pick them up. Let the rouge get a bit worried just to let him know that he should only grab what they can handle. Timewalking onward? Let the idiot die. Even stand next to him to wait to pick the mobs up when he is dead.
    So basically you're a terrible tank who refuses to do his job.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

As always in these discussions, the tank is correct. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The "you pull, you tank" mentally is out of touch and just retarded thinking.

It's the tanks JOB to tank shit REGARDLESS of how it was aggroed. That kind of mindset is unacceptable in LFD and LFR imo.
    It's the tanks job upto a point... but if that rogue is deliberately being an arse they don't have a leg to stand on if someone is an arse back.

Also it's a rogue.... If he was going to pull a load of extra stuff why didn't he just tricks it onto the tank ? Sounds like the rogue wasn't doing his job either.