Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Good Group - No Deaths - Kicked For NO Reason at Kil'Jaeden

As title,

was at work - got in a group ready at Goroth ( Normal Raid )
    Single Shot kills and no wipes or silly deaths

All the way up to Kil-Jaedean and say the screen where if i dont move my ass i will be teleported to grave

im like WTF was i kicked for, no stupidity, no deaths - decent DPS and just kicked,

Really has pissed me off - as i was at work and thought wow a good clean run, and this shit happened,

WHY WHY WHY do some raid leaders do this ???? Are they just sad little annoying tards ??

Deleted
    You support Ipswich Town. Whad did you expect?

Some friend of theirs wanted to join or you didn't do 10 mill dps as they would of liked.
    I got replaced from my own guild's raid at KJ for "progress". I died once in 6 wipes, soaked non stop and did 900k+ dps as trial. Of course we wiped because of others all the time. Got replaced with core raiders that did 700k dps. Left guild, joined new and better one.

You can't really explain the behavior of PUG RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    As title,

All the way up to Kil-Jaedean and say the screen where if i dont move my ass i will be teleported to grave

im like WTF was i kicked for, no stupidity, no deaths - decent DPS and just kicked,

Really has pissed me off - as i was at work and thought wow a good clean run, and this shit happened,

WHY WHY WHY do some raid leaders do this ???? Are they just sad little annoying tards ??
    You're RAIDING while at work? No wonder you can't spell 'Kil'jaeden'.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    That makes zero sense, it's not school it's work - and that's ignoring the fact he spelt it correctly before that. Typos happen. Don't be butthurt about people getting to do other things at work.

OT: Leader probably just wanted to bring a friend/guildie in and you were the "best" option to drop. Either that or you weren't quite as good or friendly as you are making out to us.

As title,

KJ is a different beast to the rest of the instance even in normal.

Of course getting kicked without being told to why is retarded and fuck that dude but.

What do you consider "good dps?"

What class were you, and the rest?

Etc etc.

Basically, it could be to invite a friend, it could be the whole group doing barely enough DPS to get KJ down and he simply kicked people to find people to kill it, or he wanted an immunity class more.

I pugged normal last week, and run was "smooth" till Kj, were the 2-3 people doing proper DPS couldnt carry the rest scrubs barely pulling 550K, we did get him down like the third try, but that was after inviting like an extra overgeared friend of some dude to carry the 3 horse shit DPS players.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-11 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That makes zero sense, it's not school it's work - and that's ignoring the fact he spelt it correctly before that. Typos happen. Don't be butthurt about people getting to do other things at work.

OT: Leader probably just wanted to bring a friend/guildie in and you were the "best" option to drop. Either that or you weren't quite as good or friendly as you are making out to us.
    So you also work somewhere without responsibilities. I guess at some level I'm jealous, but still, that shit'd never fly in most workplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    You support Ipswich Town. Whad did you expect?
    I second this, it's because you're an Ipswich fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endorus View Post
    I second this, it's because you're an Ipswich fan.
    Ill get in line behind this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    As title,

My guess is, they wanted the spot for stronger DPS. Kil'jaeden takes a bit more than the rest of the bosses. Dumb that you weren't given a reason, unless you didn't see it in the chat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So you also work somewhere without responsibilities. I guess at some level I'm jealous, but still, that shit'd never fly in most workplaces.
    Nope, unfortunately I'm not as "lucky" as the OP either. Some jobs just have a lot of downtime/waiting around though, that's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Raid leaders have booted me before for absolutely no reason.. One guy even said "I just felt like replacing the paladin with another paladin"

The only good part was that they wiped on KJ until they disbanded lolo, OBVIOUSLY btw, nothing was saying I would of made them actually kill the boss being there... but yeah.

PUG at your own risk

Deleted
    Irrelevant !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

cheers - my job is IT Security and i can do what i like at work as long as the work is done, a very good flexible company

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i have a lot of responsibilities, but being a very quiet day, i was ok, and the fact we are a very relaxed company, other staff watch netflix while working, and we get more work done that people who are not allowed to do anything social, as long at the work is done and of good standard we are also encouraged to chill have have fun

I'd just shrug and move on...no point in getting worked up over a) something you can't control and b) something you'll never know the reason for anyway

Maybe your boss was raiding as well, and didn't like you played instead of doing your job. In this case particluar, it was a good thing you were kicked from the group. Play on your own time, not while at work.

I'm pretty sure there is a logical reason, you just weren't required to know it.

Could they have been douches, probably. However, the fact is that you won't ever know. This is the inherent issue with PuGing or joining a group that isn't yours.

Deleted
    thank you all for your replies thought, i did think it was some stuck up RL who either wanted a mate in and/or was kicking lower ilevs for better one, I was prob not the only one kicked, Ah well i sure il get to do Kil'J sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    KJ is a different beast to the rest of the instance even in normal.

Of course getting kicked without being told to why is retarded and fuck that dude but.

What do you consider "good dps?"

What class were you, and the rest?

Etc etc.

Basically, it could be to invite a friend, it could be the whole group doing barely enough DPS to get KJ down and he simply kicked people to find people to kill it, or he wanted an immunity class more.

I pugged normal last week, and run was "smooth" till Kj, were the 2-3 people doing proper DPS couldnt carry the rest scrubs barely pulling 550K, we did get him down like the third try, but that was after inviting like an extra overgeared friend of some dude to carry the 3 horse shit DPS players.
    I always laugh a little when I see these post because you know there is SOMETHING they are leaving out.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of four scenarios comes to mind here:
    1) You were kicked because the raid leader indulged in a spot of nepotism, bringing in a friend or guildie who needed a drop off KJ and managed to convince the raid lead to just bring them in rather than push through the raid with the rest.

2) You were kicked because you weren't hacking the numbers needed to down KJ. Kind of a dick move that you weren't informed and were just silently kicked, but this happens more than you'd think (but less than you'd fear).

3) You're only giving us half the story here and you were being a right ass the whole run. Not accusing you, I just include this one because, well, it's MMO-Champ and there's been many a thread where someone presented themselves as the wronged party after being antagonistic all run.

4) You were a victim of circumstance. Sometimes a raid lead isn't paying attention and boots the wrong name, usually if they're right next to each other on the meters and are the same class or if the names are really similar.

Regardless, that's an ever-present risk when pugging, hopefully future runs go as smoothly and you don't get booted on KJ.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!