Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    No he is showing strength and telling NK to knock that shit off. Appeasing and acting afraid to a rapid dog country like NK is not going to do anything.
    When you can't tell the difference between the NK leader's statements and the President's, strength is not even a consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he is showing strength and telling NK to knock that shit off. Appeasing and acting afraid to a rapid dog country like NK is not going to do anything.
    Strength comes from wisdom and restraint, every person can shout, stamp their feed and try to intimidated. What has any of this achieved? Nothing.

The more he pushes the more they'll push back, NK is also not the problem in this matter of war. China is, not knowing that i can see why one might be foolish enough to support these kind of actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Showing strength against what? a 2 year old kid who's punching an adults leg? any threats they spew against the US is hollow because they sure as fuck don't have anything to back it up and Trump becoming triggered by it shows how weak and insecure he comes across.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

He's playing a game, that's what he is. Showing strength? Bullying people has never been a strength. Trump is a fucking insecure child begging other world leaders to give him opportunities to impress the press, as evidenced by the telephone conversations recently. In prison, he'd totally be the bitch.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    When you can't tell the difference between the NK leader's statements and the President's, strength is not even a consideration.
    Speaking in their language.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like how you don't even take South Korea and Japan into consideration.

So very telling.
    I literally directly mentioned them, they have THAAD missile defense system from the US in their countries. If a ballistic missile is launched, it isn't going to make it to their countries, because THAADs are ballistic missile interception systems. So, actually, i did take them into consideration, and they're going to be fine in NK decides to go rogue, nice twisting of my words though!

and we have THAAD systems set up all across the US, South Korea, Japan, and on various ships off the coast of NK

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When people elected Trump just to watch the world burn, I think a lot of us thought that was supposed to be a metaphor, not literal.
    And there were more who told them they are delusional.

Lo and behold, look where we are now.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Showing strength against what? a 2 year old kid who's punching an adults leg? any threats they spew against the US is hollow because they sure as fuck don't have anything to back it up and Trump becoming triggered by it shows how weak and insecure he comes across.
    Can only ignore NK for so long before they finally develop a working nuke and hit Japan or SK or the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, as will Seoul and Toyko.... however at least the human race gets to survive.

A preemptive attack will ALSO see Seoul and Tokyo flattened, and NK - but will also lead to WW3 directly.
    You are vastly over estimating both the power of NK's nukes and their ability to launch them. Currently, give it a few years and yes that'll be a real threat but for now the main issue will be the artillery on the border with SK
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Look at the pattern. China has taken land before, yes. Land they considered Chinese for centuries. It's not like China attempts to colonize the US. But then, the US comes along and wants to play world police in China's backyard... what do you think an appropriate reaction to that would be for a nation that has no allegiance nor loyalty to the US whatsoever?

See how the US reacts when Russia sends a couple heavy warships down the Gulf of Mexico to do their business. Oh right, the US puts the finger on the button and starts counting down!
    Are you saying the Cuban missile crisis wasn't a direct threat to the US mainland? They put ICBM & SRBM systems 90 miles off the coast of Florida....

Speaking in their language.
    Their language is one of desperation for legitimacy and survival. Trump can barely speak English, let alone a complex international one.

At some point you're going to have to use actual information to make your argument. Swallowing Trump's cheeto doesn't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    You are vastly over estimating both the power of NK's nukes and their ability to launch them.
    Nothing to do with their nukes. I'm expecting they have one nuke.

However, their conventional weaponry is enough right now to destroy Seoul and Tokyo.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I literally directly mentioned them, they have THAAD missile defense system from the US in their countries. If a ballistic missile is launched, it isn't going to make it to their countries, because THAADs are ballistic missile interception systems. So, actually, i did take them into consideration, and they're going to be fine in NK decides to go rogue, nice twisting of my words though!
    And?

1.) THAAD isn't fool proof

2.) it does nothing to protect against the 14,000+ rockets and artillery stationed mere miles from Seoul.

Stop pretending like a nuclear exchange is the only consideration. You, nor Trump, are qualified enough to play with their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can only ignore NK for so long before they finally develop a working nuke and hit Japan or SK or the US.
    Their main goal is to survive. Why would they nuke Japan or SK unless provoked enough?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Honestly, what do you want people to say? When a dictator with nuclear weapons is saying "im going to blow up your countries cities" do you just say "go for it dude!". I really don't understand this mindset, you do you pacifism has literally never worked? Just because you ignore problems doesn't mean they just go away. Do i agree with Trumps idiotic statements? no, but someone needs to respond to this fuckwit in NK. Just because Europe decided to ignore Germany and the Holocaust didn't stop it, if you ignore cancer in your body, it will kill you, even though its just "a tiny cell".

7+ Year Old Account
    Their language is one of desperation for legitimacy and survival. Trump can barely speak English, let alone a complex international one.

At some point you're going to have to use actual information to make your argument. Swallowing Trump's cheeto doesn't qualify.
    Why should I bother? Saw how you twisted that other guys words by saying he didn't mention SK or Japan when he clearly did.

Suppose won't respond to your dribble anymore this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is a real estate agent. And somehow people are surprised he's neither prepared, nor qualified for the job?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it interesting one side is just totally fine with letting NK launching first against us.
    It's more like we understand that NK doesn't want to launch first against us. Look, as comforting as it is to think that everyone who dislikes the US is a madman, it's not actually true. Even if Kim Jong Un isn't the most stable person around, the military leaders in NK are quite powerful, and are interested in survival. NK is well aware that they aren't going to win a nuclear war against the US, if they really really wanted to be blown off the map they'd have shelled Seoul a long time ago at this point. NK has goals and reasons for what it does, and none of those involve it getting itself glassed. They'll launch against us if they feel they have no choice, but most of what they actually want is to force talks on a more level playing field.

Now, obviously allowing NK to get what it wants using threats is not okay. We can't and shouldn't knuckle under to them. But now is actually the best chance for a diplomatic solution that we've had in ages, because right now even Russia and China are coming out to say "Hey wait a moment, North Korea, this is too much." Negotiating isn't about thinking that we can convince NK itself to like us, it's about telling Russia and China "Look, you guys encouraged it to get to this point, now you're unhappy about it. What are you two going to do to help make sure this gets fixed once and for all?"

Why should I bother? Saw how you twisted that other guys words by saying he didn't mention SK or Japan when he clearly did.

Suppose won't respond to your dribble anymore this thread.
    Why should you bother using actual information because you saw someone make a nuanced argument that a poster couldn't comprehend? I mean, that should be such a convincing answer of why you should that it's weird you'd decide to remain so uninformed.

How cuckish.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    And?

1.) THAAD isn't fool proof

2.) it does nothing to protect against the 14,000+ rockets and artillery stationed mere miles from Seoul.

Stop pretending like a nuclear exchange is the only consideration. You, nor Trump, are qualified enough to play with their lives.
    1) There are multiple US military bases, with plenty of equipment to deal with the situation of rockets. Also, you do know NK launches non-nuclear munition into SK all the time right?

2) No one said people wouldn't die, that's an ignorant assumption, but at least we would have the ability to stop large missiles, SRBMs, and ICBMs. But, if NK decided "huehuehue, lets shoot some rockets into Seoul", do you think we should just sit by idly and do nothing? Pacifism is a fool errand.

Also, as a former fires control officer for the US army, who was in charge of multiple vehicles equipped with mortars, howitzers, and ballistic rockets, i think i am decently qualified to speak on the abilities of US military intervention tactics and power.