Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, Macho Man died not long after making those statements and Hogan is a multimillionaire.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How do you watch this garbage? This is brain-rotting, on par with daytime and reality television.
    Pretty sure you are the type of guy that sits in a cinema and in the middle of the movie you stand up and yell: "this is all fake! this is not real! how can you watch something like that!".

I will never understand why people watch that stuff. There's got to be a psychological reason, most reality shows revolve around bitching/fighting with one another. Could probably replace the TV footage with apes bickering with one another at the zoo.

Maybe it reminds them of their shitty childhood? Catering to the lowest common denominator?
    I think a lot of reality TV is based around feeding a "look how much better I am than these people" type response.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you watch this garbage? This is brain-rotting, on par with daytime and reality television.
    its called entertainment, and everyone has their own tastes and interests, deal with it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Pretty sure you are the type of guy that sits in a cinema and in the middle of the movie you stand up and yell: "this is all fake! this is not real! how can you watch something like that!".
    Nah I'm the type who gets ADD in the middle of movies and wants to leave.

Once Brock Lesnar leaves and Braun Strowman gets buried, my interest in wrestling will wane. Watching those two literal X-Man villians toss other grown men around is the only thing interesting in wrestling these days.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

My personal tastes are the bar. Enjoying anything under it makes you unworthy of living.
    There, fixed that for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    and Braun Strowman gets buried
    In which dimension do you live to believe Braun will get buried?!? He's a living breathing Vince McMahon fetish! Dude has amazing presence, and comedic timing on par with Rusev's! Vince loves him, the fans love him. If there is a success story waiting to happen, it's Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    There, fixed that for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

In which dimension do you live to believe Braun will get buried?!? He's a living breathing Vince McMahon fetish! Dude has amazing presence, and comedic timing on par with Rusev's! Vince loves him, the fans love him. If there is a success story waiting to happen, it's Braun.
    I will remain pessimistic and unconvinced in creative's ability to do the right thing. As long as they're still on this Roman crusade to put him in Cena's spot, I'm not holding out hope that they keep Braun at the top.

Need I mention Cesaro?

But I do hope they fucking prove me wrong, because Braun is every bit as awesome as it gets.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, Macho Man died not long after making those statements and Hogan is a multimillionaire.
    The point is that it was prophetic when you think of all the legal shit that Hogan got into. I would call that karma.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I will remain pessimistic and unconvinced in creative's ability to do the right thing. As long as they're still on this Roman crusade to put him in Cena's spot, I'm not holding out hope that they keep Braun at the top.

Need I mention Cesaro?

But I do hope they fucking prove me wrong, because Braun is every bit as awesome as it gets.
    Well, Roman jobbed a lot in a row to Braun. So there's that.

As for Cesaro, Vince doesn't like him. Vince loves Braun. I'd say he's well-protected.

The writing of Game of Thrones has been garbage since the book material ended and yet its viewership increases.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Well, Roman jobbed a lot in a row to Braun. So there's that.

As for Cesaro, Vince doesn't like him. Vince loves Braun. I'd say he's well-protected.
    I don't think Cesaro is that great either.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The writing of Game of Thrones has been garbage since the book material ended and yet its viewership increases.
    That may indicate that the opinion you're expressing isn't within the majority.

What most of the kids fail to realize today is that Wrestling was a cultural thing growing up in the 90's as a kid. Almost every male at my High school would spend lunch on Tuesdays talking about what happened on Raw the previous night. Not really much different than people who do the same thing on Mondays now for Game of Thrones. Everyone knew it was fake but the characters and charisma were very entertaining before PC culture took hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Or that the show became mainstream and people start watching it to feel like they belong.

I'd say my theory is better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or that the show became mainstream and people start watching it to feel like they belong.

I'd say my theory is better.
    Meh, that's a bit inane. Hell, much less entertaining shows have had similar cult-like followings. Duck Dynasty, Breaking Bad, etc. /shrug

I agree somewhat. Season 7 has used a lot of cheesy plot devises. Still enjoyable, but not quite the same.

Hope the show redeems itself with a truly depressing ending. White walkers rampaging across Westoros, killing/raising up everyone to their undead army; all nobles dead; an undead Jon Snow riding an undead Drogon, crowned the new Night King.

Will never happen, but one can dream.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Do you think the writing/story telling in the show is better than GRRM's writing/story telling?

I will never understand why people watch that stuff. There's got to be a psychological reason, most reality shows revolve around bitching/fighting with one another. Could probably replace the TV footage with apes bickering with one another at the zoo.

Maybe it reminds them of their shitty childhood? Catering to the lowest common denominator?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not enjoyable to watch though. Unless you like watching mind numbing trash where people are bickering 90 percent of the time?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the BE A MAN AND TALK TO MY FACE was too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man, not judging but legitimately curious.

The entirety of your post, save the last line, is you judging. You're legitimately an idiot.

No offense though...
    Last edited by gtfo_my_internets; 2017-08-11 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The point is that it was prophetic when you think of all the legal shit that Hogan got into. I would call that karma.
    Legal shit where Hogan came out the winner. If that's what Bad Karma gets you...sign me up.

Savage however died of a sudden heart attack...so what does that say about his "karma"?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.