Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I do have a hunter and turn that growl off in dungeons.

Fascinating.
    So do other hunters. But since it has a life of its own it gets enabled from time to time on its own and it's hard to notice it until the tank complains.

Fascinating indeed.

And yeah, I'm not talking about aoe from the other players, I mean them literally focusing other targets.
    I wasn't talking about dps aoe either. All targets that tanks tank can be focused. Aggro should hold if the tank knows what he is doing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I'm not suggesting throwing a tantrum?
    Letting people in your group die, because you're upset, would be throwing a tantrum.

People who are slow, need to be able to understand and accept that they're learning, and some people will be dicks about it. Just like people who are impatient, need to learn some patience with people learning.

If I'm shit at something, and someone else trys to speed it up, I'm not going to say "Oi fuck you" Because I know I'm shit at it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Except that's exactly what the tank is doing in this scenario. It shows a lack of consideration to the 3 other people in the dungeon, to slow things down by letting people die, in order to "prove a point"
    Depends on the scenario tbh. Yes, I agree, there can be times where a tank is being anal. But in my experience it's far more likely that the rogue is just being an impatient little shit. At some point the tank is totally within his right to say enough and put a little less effort into saving the rogue from his own stupidity. And to be perfectly honest about it, it's probably one of the more expedient ways of dealing with the problem.

Just be a man, kick the rogue and move on. Letting people die is extremely disrespectful to the rest of the group, who just want to do their run.
    If the root cause of the problem is an impatient dps, don't go blaming the tank for the consequences. Obviously if the tank is happy to let the healer and other dps die then I agree, not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Depends on the scenario tbh. Yes, I agree, there can be times where a tank is being anal. But in my experience it's far more likely that the rogue is just being an impatient little shit. At some point the tank is totally within his right to say enough and put a little less effort into saving the rogue from his own stupidity. And to be perfectly honest about it, it's probably one of the more expedient ways of dealing with the problem.

If the root cause of the problem is an impatient dps, don't go blaming the tank for the consequences. Obviously if the tank is happy to let the healer and other dps die then I agree, not cool.
    The rogue is always in the wrong unless he can kill it solo without needing the tank.

But if a tank is that slow, they're almost always just not a good wow player, meaning while they wait for the rogue to die, the other dps and healer are building aggro, and very likely will die before the tank picks up all the adds.

I'm not sure why people are assuming that this tank is both so bad that he's very slow/very new, but also good enough to pick up multiple mobs when he's behind on threat?

You pull, you tank. Don't want to tank? Then don't pull. The tank is right, obviously.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Letting people in your group die, because you're upset, would be throwing a tantrum.
    Letting someone in your group die as a consequence of their own stupidity is an effective way to get the message across. The rogue may not particularly like it, but they will learn.

People who are slow, need to be able to understand and accept that they're learning, and some people will be dicks about it.
    I see zero reason why anyone should be patient with someone who is acting like a dick.

If I'm shit at something, and someone else trys to speed it up, I'm not going to say "Oi fuck you" Because I know I'm shit at it.
    I wouldn't say "Oi fuck you" because I know I'm shit at something. I'll say it being someone is being a dick about it. As I said in another message here, as a less experienced tank, I can appreciate a good dps who knows how to be helpful in speeding things up as opposed to someone who is just acting like an impatient jackass. The difference being that the helpful dps is making my task easier, while the jackass is making it more difficult. Also the helpful dps is unlikely to die because he is job properly in making sure I am able to pick up aggro, whereas the jackass is just expecting me to get it right no matter how difficult I might find it.

I always heard "You spank it, you tank it" it's a global rule in my guild. That said I play a rogue, and any rogue dumb enough to get himself killed pulling, given our kit, deserves to die.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people are assuming that this tank is both so bad that he's very slow/very new, but also good enough to pick up multiple mobs when he's behind on threat?
    My assumption on this story is that tank is at least reasonably competent but the rogue was trying to hustle things along even faster (the title of the thread "Gogogo" is a clue ) - at a pace with which the tank was not comfortable. At some point the tank simply stopped bothering to try keeping up with the rogue. Nowhere in this story was anything said about the healer and/or other dps dying.

Tank did nothing wrong. Rogue pulled something, rogue died. Simple.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    My assumption on this story is that tank is at least reasonably competent but the rogue was trying to hustle things along even faster (the title of the thread "Gogogo" is a clue ) - at a pace with which the tank was not comfortable. At some point the tank simply stopped bothering to try keeping up with the rogue. Nowhere in this story was anything said about the healer and/or other dps dying.
    "Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank"."

Tanks pace could be anywhere between extremely slow because total noob/very new, or decent pace. There isn't "one story fits all" in here. In your situation sure, if no one dies and the tank is reasonably competent I agree

But most slow tanks I come across, are extremely slow, and extremely (for lack of a better word, don't get hung up on it) trash. Meaning they're also not good enough to gain complete re-control over a situation like letting adds roam free.

You're also assuming the rogue is the highest damaging member of the group. What if he isn't? Rogue pulls 5 mobs, the warrior in the group jumps over to help him kill them, tank sits back wanting to let the rogue die, but then the warrior pulls aggro and dies before the rogue.

VERY rarely, is it as simple as letting only the player who pulls die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So the tank is supposed to act like a parent dealing with whiny kids? That's not what I sign up for. Maybe you're ok with it but I expect dps to be responsible for their own shit.

Whether tanking is easier in raids is debatable. Sure, maximizing your dps is less important but there's generally a much smaller margin of error so your execution has to be very good. At the level the op is talking about, though, tanking is certainly the hardest role - admittedly it's easy content but the tank is responsible for making sure everything goes smoothly and dps are just along for the ride.
    I agree tanking is the hardest for LFD and similar content, where the 'bare minimum' level is knowing your main 2-3 buttons.

I am just saying that a tank not tanking pulled mobs is equally cunty as a DPS pulling. Neither is in the right, they're both assholes. The difference is that the tank does it out of spite and self-righteousness while the DPS does it to make the run go faster while not caring about whether or not the tank is good enough to not cause the healer to die because of it.

If someone decides to pull way ahead of me and said person doesn't drag the mobs back but rather stand there like a drooling retard and then piss and moan when they die, it ain't really my fault given that as a Death knight I have fuck all in terms of mobility.

I know how much I can handle comfortably so if some retard decides to pull a few extra packs in a high level mythic+, which rarely happens because no one is that fucking dumb, whatever happens really is on them.

In other words if a dps pulls more than the tank can manage then fuck him he deserves to get killed by said trash, but if the additional trash isn't a major issue, it really isn't worth attempting to get him killed by it, especially if the healer isn't onboard as the trash is then just gonna go for the healer due to healing aggro.

If people keep writing " gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo" in chat I will just toogle RP walk and walk ever so slowly towards my targets out of spite because they annoy me. Granted this never happens in most scenarios since I either do heroic dungeons where I could solo the entire thing if I wanted to waste my time doing so or high level m+ where that sort of behavior really isn't all that common.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-08-11 at 04:54 PM.

I think this... Tank establish the rhythm, slower or faster, DPS follow that and healers try to keep all of them alive.
    Only tank or healer can alter that rythm, DPSs have to adapt. If they pull and die, they must learn how to wait for the tank, that´s it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Why are you looting mobs in a dungeon? All relevant items get mailed to you anyway.
    There could be useful stuff, like satchels from shoulder enchant and gold does add up. When I heal on druid, I just hot everyone and continue looting/skinning mobs. Can get lots of leather from DT and couple of pet battle satchels. That's why these days I pug on healers - instant queue and I get to loot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    This is the rogue's fault. He has Tricks of the Trade, he should've used that to MAKE that lazy tank do his job.
    Imagine some crazy world where the tank let go of their mouse to take a drink or any of a billion valid things happened to cause the to pause for a second.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I love to join Lfg daily with my 926 DH while the Tank is puling 1 add at the time and wait 10 sec for the next one ...... worse than cancer.

Yea fuck that rogue he can tank it but I will taunt if that mob aggro on another dps or the healer.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Question: Who's in the right?
    They're both retarded with an emphasis on the "You pull, you tank" guy

For a start - if you are a tank and DPS have the oppurtunity to type 'gogogo' you've already fucked up, anyway - in the rare cases where this isn't justified, and you're stopping to say, type out a soak order on Kil'jaedin, the DPS is clearly the retarded one. In dungeons however, you've being a slow piece of shit and should speed the fuck up.

As for tanks that say 'you pull, you tank' well no, son. You're here to tank. It doesn't matter who pulls, in fact the guy pulling for you is speeding the group up by doing so. If i'm a healer or a dps and my tank says that, I will just kick up. Refusing to do your role via pettiness is an instant remove from group.

Solution to both: Don't slack. You have little to none in the ways of excuses for being late on pulling. Being repeatedly late is clear slacking and will get you removed from the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    "Gogogo" is a child mentality.

"You pull, you tank" is an adult mentality.
    They're both childish mentally, one is clearly worse however. Telling someone to go is showing your impatience. Telling 4+ people that they will go at your pace and if they do not, you will hold them hostage at your pace, anyway, is beyond childish. Thats some Veruca shit.

"This group will go my way, I don't care what the other 4 of you want! Mine, mine, mine!!!"

*Veruca has been removed from the group*

As a dps main with a guardian druid alt: IF YOU DO NOT QUEUE UP AS A TANK, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS PULLING. I am beyond fed up with dps constantly pulling when they think I don't go fast enough on my druid. 5 out of 7 runs on my tank I have these entitled brats that pull everything they feel like pulling and expect me to pick them up without even considering that I don't feel comfortable pulling more or I don't have cooldowns up for bigger pulls. After asking once if you could stop and let me handle the pulling and you refuse to listen: I will let you die. This might be a waste of time in your eyes but we probably "saved time" from your excessive pulling anyway. It is my job to pull and tank, not yours and I find it incredibly disrespectful if someone decides the rules don't apply to them. It's the same shit when people queue up as healer for an LFR and decide to stay in dps spec instead because "the boss dies faster". The boss will not die faster if people die from lack of heals because you decide to be a selfish ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    They're both retarded with an emphasis on the "You pull, you tank" guy

For a start - if you are a tank and DPS have the oppurtunity to type 'gogogo' you've already fucked up, anyway - in the rare cases where this isn't justified, and you're stopping to say, type out a soak order on Kil'jaedin, the DPS is clearly the retarded one. In dungeons however, you've being a slow piece of shit and should speed the fuck up.

As for tanks that say 'you pull, you tank' well no, son. You're here to tank. It doesn't matter who pulls, in fact the guy pulling for you is speeding the group up by doing so. If i'm a healer or a dps and my tank says that, I will just kick up. Refusing to do your role via pettiness is an instant remove from group.

Solution to both: Don't slack. You have little to none in the ways of excuses for being late on pulling. Being repeatedly late is clear slacking and will get you removed from the group.
    Your insistence on chain pulling doesn't take into account the tanks personal skill level, or anything else that might be going on between the game and his gaming chair.

If a dps afks for 10-15 seconds, or otherwise lags behind the group, it's a non issue. If a tank does it, there's an avalanche of bleating on the forums from entitled dps, who honestly believe that their time, and only their time, is of critical importance. Which it isn't.

Tanks pull and maintain threat, that's how the game works. If you disagree, feel free to pull ahead of tanks in raiding, mythic +'s, and whatever other content you deem it suitable in. If you believe that everything in the game should be on your personal timeframe, go play a single player title.