Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only because WoW facerollerized™ or removed any kind of cross party DPS buffs. I still remember being dependent on Mage buffs and Warlock debuffs.
    Yeah I remember the days of trying to make sure you had the relevant 10 or so party buffs, and honestly I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    A multiplayer teamwork design requiring teamwork to boost performance? MADNESS, I SAY!

A little part of me actually misses FFXI skill chains, but I have no idea how they'd be able to function in modern MMO design.
    Yeah, I get it. I'm just saying a significant portion of my performance is contingent on not only having the right setup, but them executing the setup correctly.

Is the fact of general teamwork not enough? For me personally it is. When they announced Ret would have dps buff to give to people and it would in return give it back to me I was not happy as well. Thankfully Blizz saw that we were not happy with it and removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I assume that would be the lvl.67 quest then. Which means a good hour of fishing or a bunch of gil spent one fishing leves.
    I mostly did spearfishing from 63-64 all the way to cap. Oh, and if you have piles of leve allowances and want to really be lazy, a FSH retainer can grab a few of the fish for leve turn ins...even if they are NQ, it would involve no more fishing that what's needed to catch the necessary fish a single time. Veteran Trade makes spearfishing significantly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm lvl.66 on FSH finishing off my crafting and gathering lvl'ing and in Yanxia i'm getting the 'you can sense fish but dont know where' message. In HW this meant you needed cloud or lava fishing, is there a new kind of fishing or does that just mean its gig spear fishing only in that area?
    My guess is it has to do with the whole Teeming Shadows thing, for which you need Truth of Oceans cut on. It's required to complete the lvl 68 FSH class quest.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    My guess is it has to do with the whole Teeming Shadows thing, for which you need Truth of Oceans cut on. It's required to complete the lvl 68 FSH class quest.
    The message he was getting was same one I was getting while pole fishing off the coast of the eastern islands in Ruby Sea when I was level 62 or 63ish. Don't recall getting that message when spearfishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Did somebody say Windfury Totem?

No, casters didn't need nor care for it, but it's the same general concept of buff dependancy (any and all melee wanted that back then). For casters, there was Totem of Wrath at one point, which made at least one shaman the "wrath bitch" since that meant not using searing/magma totem.

Honestly missed some of that stuff as time went on in WoW, but that's just the salty shaman part of me speaking.
    I always drooled over the mana reg totems. Also, wasn't there a totem with + spellhaste at some point?

I always drooled over the mana reg totems. Also, wasn't there a totem with + spellhaste at some point?
    Yup, Wrath of Air totem.

The message he was getting was same one I was getting while pole fishing off the coast of the eastern islands in Ruby Sea when I was level 62 or 63ish. Don't recall getting that message when spearfishing.
    Yeah spear fishing seems to have no limits, you just unlock the ability to find more stuff as you get 61-70

Yeah, Spearfishing is the shit, I fished the fuck outta some Sea Pickles and Common Whelks to burn up in leve turn-ins.

It doesnt seem to have any level requirements either. I've already fished up everything from every lvl.70 node in The Loch at lvl.66.

Was anyone else disappointed by the 'Enhanced GP Regeneration' we got for DoL at 70? Ooh, one whole more point per tick when not gathering...

10+ Year Old Account
    Was anyone else disappointed by the 'Enhanced GP Regeneration' we got for DoL at 70? Ooh, one whole more point per tick when not gathering...
    Considering how crappy SP regen is, I take whatever I can get.

If you look at it at face value, it is very underwhelming.

Upon being out in the field gathering, you quickly find that it's very valuable; I'm able to gather from all the legendary + unspoiled nodes needed for crafting gear without having to use cordials at all now. In the span of time you would normally gain 500 gp, you gain 600 instead, so that's a Sharp Vision 2 + King's Yield 2 instead of a King's Yield 1. Just one example of it's value; just have to view it from a different lens than "gee my gain per tick went from 5 to 6, weeee". I, too, was underwhelmed with it initially, but now I'm fairly happy with it seeing how it works out.

honestly most of my sp is used on collectibles for scrips so at the end of the day im still standing there waiting which sucks either way

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly happy with it seeing how it works out.
    Same here.
    Although kitty is drowning in cordials, so I use them quite liberally now.

Good lord, trying to finish my fishing log as i near lvl.68 and some of the spearcaught fish in the ruby sea do not want to show up, i spent like 30 minutes for a fish by the undersea dungeon and it turns out you need 6 per leve for it, bugger that!

- - - Updated - - -

So Nexon and SE updated on FFXI mobile, its alive with a Q3 2017 onwards tentative release.

So thats something to play when queing as dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Can always look at it from a percentage point of view, 20%. Sounds a bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally did Deltascape. All four of them. I've never (RDM btw) rezzed so many people in my life. It did confirm two things, however:

1. I love RDM's utility. I spot healed and gave manas to healers too. Not sure I can go back to SAM now. Selfish buggger.
    2. RDM is my favorite healer. I'm so bored with healing. I use to main it from WoW to FFXIV. Instead of healing with a side of dps (/coma), dps with a side of healing is quite fun.

Also, I loved the v3 fight. Good fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    2. RDM is my favorite healer. I'm so bored with healing. I use to main it from WoW to FFXIV. Instead of healing with a side of dps (/coma), dps with a side of healing is quite fun.
    As a healer: please do not do that except for genuine emergency situations (like 2 healers dead or both healers out of range).
    All you are doing otherwise is creating useless overhealing. There's already so little damage coming in, that 2 healers aren't anywhere near taxed.

I don't want you in there to interfere with my duty. I want you in there to do yours and do maximum DPS.

Well, my attempts to find a static continue to meet no success. So I've been throwing myself at rated PvP instead.

I'm going to aim to at reach at least gold rating by the end of the season.

As a healer: please do not do that except for genuine emergency situations (like 2 healers dead or both healers out of range).
    All you are doing otherwise is creating useless overhealing. There's already so little damage coming in, that 2 healers aren't anywhere near taxed.

I don't want you in there to interfere with my duty. I want you in there to do yours and do maximum DPS.
    RDM here, tell that to the healers doing bugger all and going 'sorry was checking tiwtter on ma fone xDDDDDD' every time I run Halicarnassus or Ex Death. I've used more heals and resses as RDM than I ever did as AST.