Thread: Prot Stats

Prot Stats

I know the basic stat priority, but is there a "comfortable" number to shoot for on each stat? Like 30% haste, 10% versa, etc? Simply in terms of "I roll into a M+ and don't switch gear for each boss," not talking about stacking for a magic boss or a bunch of physical attacks.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go for at least 30% haste, then go for mastery. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    That being said, ilvl trumps all once you see +10 ilvl on anything outside of tier and poor secondary jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    That being said, ilvl trumps all once you see +10 ilvl on anything outside of tier and poor secondary jewelry.
    Right, and it's the reason I still rock this damn necklace. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ingwary/adogaj

I know my crit is too high, but other than that it just feels like in M+11 and greater I'm too squishy. I'm missing Prydaz, belt, and boots; have all other legendaries. Any suggestions?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Your neck goes into "poor secondary jewelry" unfortunately, it's bad.
    Drop your T20 until you are better geared, because the bonus is not worth keeping if you are going to rock two 885 pieces(Gloves being one of them)
    Your overall itemization is really poor, as I'm sure you're aware, so much I'd even recommend you to take a few better itemized lower pieces, you can sacrifice a percent or two of your best stat for a higher ilvl piece, but 23% haste and 34% mastery is really low.
    I'd also recommend you to try Booming Voice and Anger Management, at your haste level I can't imagine HR being very useful.
    Go with gloves/bracers, and gloves/belt eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MarchingParrot View Post
    Your neck goes into "poor secondary jewelry" unfortunately, it's bad.
    Drop your T20 until you are better geared, because the bonus is not worth keeping if you are going to rock two 885 pieces(Gloves being one of them)
    Your overall itemization is really poor, as I'm sure you're aware, so much I'd even recommend you to take a few better itemized lower pieces, you can sacrifice a percent or two of your best stat for a higher ilvl piece, but 23% haste and 34% mastery is really low.
    I'd also recommend you to try Booming Voice and Anger Management, at your haste level I can't imagine HR being very useful.
    Go with gloves/bracers, and gloves/belt eventually.
    Thanks! I do have another set that pushes haste to 27ish and mastery to... I don't remember, actually. T20 gloves replaced by Kakushan and legs with a haste/mastery piece. Mannoroth gets replaced by a haste/mastery piece in that set as well.

I'll give BV/AM a try, I've been reluctant because I don't like the way it plays when I spec it during Mage Tower, but anything is worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Thanks! I do have another set that pushes haste to 27ish and mastery to... I don't remember, actually. T20 gloves replaced by Kakushan and legs with a haste/mastery piece. Mannoroth gets replaced by a haste/mastery piece in that set as well.

I'll give BV/AM a try, I've been reluctant because I don't like the way it plays when I spec it during Mage Tower, but anything is worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback.
    If surv is an issue for you, use the bracers and the new talent ring. That will allow you the benefit of BV with the surv of vengeance. If you do this, however, AM becomes much more useful. Particularly in M+ you'll really get used to AM quickly. HR isn't very necessary in ToS outside of maybe Avatar. Neat trick too, the bracers heal assumes the base cost of revenge and IP, even when getting the reduced cost via vengeance, this does not affect AM though.

Personally, if you aren't taking a massive ilvl hit, I would keep the T20 2p, it's a ton of extra rage, and if you spec into AM, it only gains further usefulness. Just search for upgrades where you can get them (target M+ w/ specific items and use coins for tier, chest/legs/shoulders/cloak: in that order) and focus less on specific stats, they will come and go. I think I'm down to 22% haste atm, it's not amazing, and sucked to lose it all from over 36% i had, but I survive better than if I lost the 5-10 ilvls it would take to get it back.

Also, feel free to check out skyhold discord, it very useful; just be specific with your questions so you can get the best answers. https://discord.gg/Skyhold

Isnt Soul of the battlelord and bracers arguably the best setup? The rage gains from having both booming voice and vengeance are pretty substantial. Or do people run the gloves for extra dps? Seems like the freee revenges and more rage for IPs proccing the 10% dmg buff would be significant dps as well.

this is incorrect, should be 30% haste but you should try to get your vers to around 15% then go for mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    Isnt Soul of the battlelord and bracers arguably the best setup? The rage gains from having both booming voice and vengeance are pretty substantial. Or do people run the gloves for extra dps? Seems like the freee revenges and more rage for IPs proccing the 10% dmg buff would be significant dps as well.
    this is correct, but the ring can be switched out for belt from time to time. but the most well rounded setup for m+ is ring/bracers.

I really like the feel/playstyle of vengeance. Its just more fun, i dont have the ring yet but do have bracers/belt which i often use in M+. Bracers are usually around 18% of my healer and they are pretty great. Do you think my survivability would spike too hard if i ran Belt/Ring for higher M+. Im only getting like 15-17s in each week and feels like tank dmg isnt a big issue. But then again cant tell how much of that is bracers topping off the minimal dmg i take with IP. Belt/BV and Vengeance sound like it would be a great time in dungeons. All the rage and all the dmg.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    this is incorrect, should be 30% haste but you should try to get your vers to around 15% then go for mastery.

this is correct, but the ring can be switched out for belt from time to time. but the most well rounded setup for m+ is ring/bracers.
    What do you base your claims upon?
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

What do you base your claims upon?
    Surviving mechanics vs not

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    Surviving mechanics vs not
    so... your own experience?

so... your own experience?
    Do you have a way to show otherwise? No sarcasm, honestly interested.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Do you have a way to show otherwise? No sarcasm, honestly interested.
    Didn´t take it as sarcasm. There is a consensus amongst several guides regarding stat weights. Some pages, like icy veins, credit their reviewer, which mostly raid in a cutting edge eviroment or are knowledgeable for some other comprehensible reason. They put Versatility <= mastery AT MOST. Also, the only breakpoint they talk about is the hast breakpoint.

15% sounds random to me. That is all

ive gone with haste / mastery on everything.

923 ilvl
    using 895 trinkets.

28% haste / 66% mastery.

tanking everything feels very easy....crit block is amazing
    dmg taken at the end of every fight i'm normally 10-15% lower then other tanks.

i dont like our current set bonus.